Puerto Colombia Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Hostal Colonial

There are many posadas in Puerto Colombia, but many of them are quite expensive. Hostal Colonial is one of the most popular in the budget range. The bus from Maracay stopped just outside the hostel, and with it came other tourists as well. We all went across the road to Hostal Colonial. They didn’t have a single room so I got a double with bathroom for 50 000 Bs per night (July 2007), which they wanted me to pay in advance. I’m glad my room was facing the courtyard were it was quiet and not the street as the buses start running very early in the morning and the drivers are very keen on pressing the horn loudly.

You can buy breakfast at Hostal Colonial from 7.30 in the morning. Fruitsalad, toast and coffee was 11 000 Bs and a fresh fruit juice, scrambled eggs, toast and coffee was 10 000 Bs. The first morning I didn’t have to wait very long for breakfast, but the second it was very slow and I had to wait more than half an hour for the breakfast to appear. When I finished a family arriving at the breakfast table at the same time as me had not jet got their breakfast.

Hostal Colonial is nice and clean, but nothing special.

Puerto Colombia is a small place so Hostel Colonial is within walking distance from everything in the village. Playa Grande is about 10 - 15 minutes away.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written August 24, 2007
Tip Photo

Hostal Colonial

• vivacolombia profile photo vivacolombia
  • Reviews: 82

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Las Mananitas: Posada: good price

It's simple with cold water (I wasn't used to that at that time). There's no real separation between the bathroom and bedroom but the rooms are cleaned daily and the staff very nice and customer oriented.

It looks like it was an old hacienda. It's a big two story square organized around a small plaza. The furniture are traditional and the floor made of tiles. I enjoyed the feel there.
Ask for one of the rooms facing the sea... it's amazing to wake up in front of the sea...

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average