Parque Nacional Canaima Hotels

Our Members Say

• permiche profile photo permiche
  • Reviews: 19

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ruben Alberto Salazar: Eco Adventure

It's a package, 3 days/2 nights. Usually, on the first day after arrival to Canaima, you go back up to river by boat, until Isla Ratoncita (awesome adventure!). You sleep there in "chinchorro", in a camp. On the second day you take a walk to El Salto Angel, and go back by boat to Canaima, where you visit laguna falls (Salto Hatcha, Sapo, Sapito). You spend the night in a posada. On the third day, you have spare time in the morning to visit Canaima village, and you leave by plane early in the afternoon. If you fall in love with the place, you are offered an extra night for free!!

Ruben is a kind person, speaks a great english and offers a good service at a good price.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Adventure Travel
  • Written April 7, 2005

Our camp just under El Salto Angel

• call_me_rhia profile photo call_me_rhia
  • Reviews: 4274

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Campamento Canaima: A room with a view

My room with a view at Campamento Canaima was in a cosy yellow bungalow with a tatched roof. The bungalows belong to the Hoturvensa group and are normally only sold as part of a package, but tourism is slow these days - basically inexistent (there were only 2 other people there with us) - so if you phone ahead no one will turn you away. The package for the night and three meals it's about 80 dollars.

We had a wonderful view over the lagoon from our bugalow's window - and this aside, everything we needed was in the room: shower with hot water, a comfy bed and air conditioning - which was not needed. Can you believe the fact that in a tropical forest in July the nights can be very cold??? The jumper I brought for the Andes, and that I did not wear there - I wore it here.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written August 18, 2004

our cosy cottage

• krissyM profile photo krissyM
  • Reviews: 281

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Base of Angel Falls: Sleeping in a Hammock

Don't expect luxury for your night at Angel Falls. You will most likely be sleeping in a hammock near the base of the falls. We had light (by generator) for one hour after dinner which allowed us to wash up after dinner, get situated in our hammocks and get an idea of some of the bugs that would be out there with us. I was there in late September. It wasn't too cold but it got chilly right before dawn. So if you get cold easily ask for a second blanket.

The meals the guides cooked us were absolutely delicious. Actually, they were the best I ate in Venzuela.

There are facilites at the encampment. Running water, toliets and cold showers.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written August 13, 2007
Tip Photo

• bchurchill profile photo bchurchill
  • Reviews: 66

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Jungle Rudy's Camp Canaima: Jungle accomadations fit for a King

The only way to get there is by the aforementioned motorized canoe. The rooms are nice clean and simple. They come fully equiped with a hammock on the porch. The food is outstanding. The fish and soups are the best. They served this pumpkin soup that is unparralled in the culinary world. I lost count of how many bowls I had.

They will let you water ski from the back of the canoes. You can also use any of the other water equipment at the hotel. The hotel provides guides that take you to near by falls where you can walk behind the water....very cool!

• Opinion of Price: most expensive