Los Nevados Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Pedro's house

The second night on the Los Nevados tour we stayed in a rustic home belonging to a man called Pedro. His house is situated at an altitude of 3200 metres and from here you will have beautiful views of the mountains (if it is not too cloudy). We stayed in a room with several bunk beds. I had a sleeping bag (which I had borrowed at Guamanchi’s in Merida) but as it is cold during night it was also necessary to use the thick woollen blankets in the room.
As we arrived we had soup to eat. This was perfect for warming up after the walk and later we had pasta. We also had tea to drink and Pedro, who was very kind had been out in the rain picking some herbs for a tea that was good for my cough. The food and water was cooked over a fire so the boiled water we filled our water bottles with tasted very much of smoke.
Interesting to know is that Pedro is the grandson of the first man who climbed Pico Bolivar (the highest mountain in Venezuela).

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Hiking and Walking
  • Written May 12, 2009
Tip Photo

Morning outside Pedro's house

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Posada Guamanchi Los Nevados

I visited Los Nevados on a tour with Guamanchi Expeditions and therefore also stayed at Posada Guamanchi in Los Nevados. It is a nice place. Outside the rooms there is a long balcony with hammocks and a great view over the mountains and the valley. If it is cold in the hammock you can always bring on of the thick blankets from the room as cover. There are 19 rooms, some with shared bathroom and some with private bathroom. My room had a private bathroom with hot water in the shower (which I didn’t find first). It was very cold during the night, but I probably froze because I was not feeling well. I used long trousers, socks, sleeping bag and the thick woollen blanket.

As we arrived to Los Nevados we got lunch. Later on we had dinner and in the morning breakfast. I can’t exactly remember what we ate but it was all good. We also had tea to drink and after dinner I got a special tea for my cough.

You don’t have to be on a tour with Guamanchi to stay here As I paid for a three-day tour I don’t know how much it cost to stay here though.

• Opinion of Price: N/A