3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Otel.com Despegar.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about LTI Costa Caribe Beach Hotel

A review and facts as we found the hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Kiltman

LTI Costa Caribe Hotel

The LTI Costa Caribe is situated about 10 mins from the town of Juan Griego and is set in it’s own landscaped gardens.
It is worth mentioning that the only other buildings in the area are a few beach huts and kiosks at the small beach of Play Caribe, you can also hire jet ski’s and go wind surfing on this beach.

Upon arrival at the hotel we were given a fruit punch cocktail and greeted by some of the hotel animation team doing the club dance ‘uno, dos, tres’ which you will hear regularly at the hotel.
The bell boy’s unload all your luggage from the bus while you check-in, which was very fast with a welcome pack in English, after you have your room number let the bell boy’s know your luggage and it will be delivered to your room in about 10 mins.

There are various styles of rooms in the LTI Costa Caribe ranging from Suites to economy rooms (mainly used for guests booking directly with hotel), all First Choice & Hayes and Jarvis guests are given standard rooms, which consist of a bedroom and bathroom with either a terrace or balcony.

The standard rooms can have either a king size, double or 2 single beds and we found the beds to be very comfortable.
The suites have a separate sitting area consisting of a sofa (can be made in to a bed) and a table and chairs.
The rooms all appear to have adequate storage space.
On arrival our accommodation was spotlessly clean and well prepared.
As we had upgraded our fridge was fully stocked with beer and soft drinks (however this didn’t happen as often as it should have and ended up being missed 7 times during our 2 weeks there) and we also had a platter of fresh fruit.
Our room was cleaned thoroughly every day, with clean towels provided every day and the bedding changed every couple of days.
The bathroom is a good size with shower, wc and wash basin, there was always hot water and good pressure from the shower.
Just to clear up any myths, toilet paper CAN be flushed down the toilet in the hotel.
All rooms have air conditioning and a fridge, and drinks can be taken from any of the bars to your room.

Towels for sunbeds are available from the pool area so there is no need to use room towels or your own.

There are 3 bars in the hotel, the beach bar which also serves snacks / meals from 12 –6 (you must try their fresh burgers) this is also where the Mexican restaurant (la Boquita) is at night. The lobby bar which also has cakes etc available from 3 o’clock and also the pool bar which also has a swim up bar, but you will get much quicker service if you go in to it.
There is also a bar set up at night beside the show area and also in the disco when it opens at either 11pm or midnight.

Our son and daughter and all the people they had become friendly with all enjoyed the disco and went to it most nights and had a laugh and fun although a couple of nights when a guest was trying to be a DJ it was poorer than normal.

There are 3 restaurants in the hotel, the main restaurant had many themed nights including, Mexican, Gala, BBQ, International etc and a lot of the time the food was cooked in front of you.
The Mexican restaurant ( la Boquita) has very nice food cooked to order, try the fajitas or Chimi Changa.
The al a Carte Italian restaurant Don Alfredo was nice but I thought it a bit over rated.

We always found the food in the Main restaurant to be varied with both a good choice of hot and cold dishes.

Some people had complained about the beef (steak) not being properly cooked on the BBQ as it was still a bit red in the middle, this is the way I like my meat so that didn't bother me, however my wife likes hers cooked right through so she just asked for it to be cooked slightly longer and this was never a problem for the chef.

Raymond always looked after us and had a table with a bottle of wine and water laid out for us when we arrived, and he was always very quick with refills and a glass of Amaretto after dinner.
I must just mention that the wine is really very nice, with wine from both Argentina and Chile being served.

There are a couple of small issues that may annoy people.
The first problem is that the tables seat 6 people and you may end up sitting with strangers, you can sit outside for evening dinner where there are tables for 2 & 4 people, we did this twice and to be honest the service was awful.
The second problem is the issue of birds flying in the dinning room (also affects the beach bar) and eating food left on tables and they also pick at the bread on the counter if it is left out. The hotel has put a net around the restaurant but the birds are still a problem.

It is worth mentioning that the dining room can get very busy between approx 19.45 & 20.15 and you may have to wait for a table and the table service gets slightly slower but no real problem.

A large selection of cocktails and drinks are available from the bars with Polar beer on tap and Brahma by the bottle.
All drinks are locally produced and no international brands are available.

The pool is large enough to never seem to busy and is quite shallow so is safe for children and is cleaned every morning.
Sun loungers can be a bit of a problem as they can all be taken quite early both at the pool side and under the palapas on the beach, however we always managed to get some in the pool area or under the palm trees on the beach when we wondered down about 10am.

The animation team work hard all day with various games and sports being organised during the day.
If you are anywhere near the pool you will be asked to join in and the word no is not understood by any of the team (as I found out) however the games are a good laugh.
Some nights more dancers join the animation team and they put on excellent, highly choreographed shows which everybody enjoyed, while other nights there will be audience participation games on stage (yes I got caught again) which will have you laughing.

The hotel operates a complimentary bus to Sambil mall every day or a taxi costs 15,000 Bolivares (20,000 for the return from sambil) and a taxi from Sambil to the center of Porlimar costs 5,000.

A taxi to Juan Griego costs 5.000 Bolivares and takes 7-10 minutes.

The hotel has computers offering Internet access, there are also a couple of shops selling cigarettes, drinks, ice cream, gifts etc.
If you fancy a massage or other beauty treatment these are also available at the hotel.

All the staff at the hotel are exceptionally friendly and nothing seems to be any problem or trouble for them and English is spoken and understood.

The First Choice reps Carlos and Milton are excellent and I cannot praise them enough, they are both hard working and will sort any problems as well as just being around for information or a chat.

Overall I would say the LTI Costa Caribe is not a 4* hotel but is definitely a 3* or possibly a 3* plus and would highly recommend this hotel, and I would definitely go there again.

please view more pictures of the hotel here

Graham

Had a good time but not 4 star!

by TripAdvisor Member MDB78

Returned back yesterday (26/05/05) and having read these reviews before my holiday I thought it would only be right to offer my own views on the LTI Costa Caribe.

I must admit by no stretch of the imagination this is not a 4 star hotel, I think it more like a 3 star. I think saying that it is a 2 star is a bit far fetched.

I was in a wedding party of over 30 and we had a great time, looking back I think if it was just my girlfriend and myself, It may have been a different story.

I booked a Jnr Suite with a VIP package and I'm gald that I did. Our room was on the top floor and I suggest that this is only a problem if you have trouble walking. The rooms are basic but everything worked that should have, it was immaculately cleaned everyday and our shower was fine.

All the staff could speak some English and with my awful Spanish you could easily converse. The welcome pack actually came in three languages and only once in 2 weeks there wasn't any sun loungers free. In my opinion this hotel is probably more orientated for the Germans but as I was in a party of over 30 English people it didn't really affect me.

Main didning area did have birds flying through it but when I went to Mexico they had the same problem. Out of 30 people no one had food poisoning or seem to have any adverse stomach problems. There did seem to be a lack of urgency though with the staff when food was left exposed.
I thought the Mexican and Italian were ok nothing sparkling but it was good to be waited on and not feel rushed.

The pool was really good and was cleaned constantly. The beach outside the hotel was ok but the sea current was strong somedays. If you took a left outside the hotel and walked 5 mins to the main Playa Caribe beach, the sand was much nicer and the sea a lot calmer.

My friends got married on the beach at sunset by the mayor and it was fantastic, well worth it.

All in all we had a great time but as mentioned I think it was because we were in such a large group. The hotel isn't spectaculor but I thought it was worth the £600-£700.

Fantastic Holiday!

by TripAdvisor Member lljjffbb

Me and my boyfriend have just returned for 2 weeks at the LTI Costa Caribe and it was just the best holiday ever. I had read a lot of the reviews and comments that had been posted and when I arrived at the hotel I thought they had been speaking about a completely different place.
The hotel was lovely. There was lush green gardens around the complex and the pool which was nice, the gardeners were always attending to them.

We were in a standard room and it was spacious and very clean. The maid was in every day and always made an effort to say hello. The air conditioning in the room was fantastic, sometimes got too cold! I did see the smaller rooms (Economy) that people were speaking about but I thought they were an ok size aswell. They were compact, but for the amount of time spent in the room they were ideal.

Staff were some of the nicest staff that Ive met on holiday. The waiters on all 3 restaurants made such an effort to look after you and kept the drinks flowing throughout the meal. The main restaurant was nice. Was always plenty to choose from and had a theme most nights eg mexican, spanish etc. The 2 al a carte restaurants, Don Alfredo/Italian & Las Briasas/Mexician, were excellent!

Swimming pool was lovely and big. There was a shallow bit that was ideal for cooling off and topping up your tan. The pool was always being cleaned and kept tidy.

Beach was nice aswell. Not much of a beach person but we had a walk along and it was nice and clean. Sunsets are gorgeous so try and get out to the beach about 6.30 - 6.45ish.

Entertainment staff were excellant aswell. Alex, Ozvaldo, Hose-Louis, Ray to name a few helped contribute to the already fantastic holiday we were having. They were always doing activities throught out the day and the banter between them was class! the shows that the anamacion staff put on at nights were the best shows Ive seen on holiday. There was so much effort put into them.

Milton and Carlos the 2 reps were great aswell. There was always one of them on site and could provide you with any information that you required.

Overall we had an excellant time and would not hesitate in recommending it to other people. As for all the negative reports I personally would take them with a pinch of salt as we seen no bad things while we were there.

If anyone has any queries or concerns I will be more than happy to put your mind at ease, just drop me a line.

lovely pool

I went to costa caribe hotel with my girlfriend and it was lovely. we stayed on the first floor with a balconey by the pool. food was excellent, waiters were great. we met loads of couples. the animation team were great. puttin on different shows each night. the pool was excellent with a pool bar. the beach was ok, a nice breeze. the only dissapointing thing was that i had to get up early and put the towels down on the sun beds, otherwise it was difficult gettin a bed with umbrella. we also went on a two day trip to angel falls, we went piranna fishing on the delta (orinoco river) kayaking, also we saw red chested monkeys, and we saw an alligator. the next day we flew to angel falls on an 12 seater plane, scenery excellent. we also walked under a waterfall which was unbeleivable. we also went on another trip when we got back to hotel. we went on a catteraman to coche island, it was lovely with white sandy beach. weather was very hot during our stay in margarita so take lots of high factors with you.

Hot on Margarita

by TripAdvisor Member marysia9

12/5/05 – 26/5/05 First Choice holiday on Margarita Island

Our holiday hit a very hot and humid time on Margarita Island, unseasonably hot according to the locals. It pretty much sapped all the energy I had, but did mean I relaxed quickly and deeply. We were a party of 8 adults.

There were very few children at the hotel, it wasn’t very suitable for children due to the heat and lack of things to do.

It is generally a very poor country. People living in little more than shacks in some places but on the other hand Venezuela is the 4th largest oil producer in the world (petrol is 5p per litre there) so some people are very rich and some of the main town is very modern and glitzy.

Generally we felt very safe but didn't go to any dodgy areas; there were guards at all the entrances to the complex and we were happy to leave our stuff on the beach when we went to swim or eat. The food was really good, the best
We have ever had on an all-inclusive deal, great variety and quality and the wine was acceptable too.

The taxis were absolute wrecks (worn out American gas guzzlers) and were driven so carefully by their drivers to preserve whatever shock absorbers that remained, but the new taxis from Sambil Mall are driven by madmen! One of them raced another car to the hotel – a real white knuckled ride, any road signs were completely ignored.

About half the guests were German but apart from having to get up early for the umbrellas on the beach it didn't impact us at all. They don’t chat much and smoke even at the breakfast table, but then so did some of the Brits. Someone else suggested we take a coloured cushion to highlight our sunbeds from among the many blue towels and it was very useful. The hotel was very clean and the staff were delightful, but there was no where to wander to, so we just relaxed a lot on site.

6 out of the 8 of us went down with Delhi belly to more or less severity. We used Imodium and it cleared up quite quickly, only 2 felt a bit sick. We don’t think it was the hotel food, maybe something we ate off-site or just the change in diet etc.

Our return journey was very tedious. The plane was 2 hours late, one hour of which we spent on the runway with NO air conditioning, otherwise we had a great holiday.

FIRST CHOICE TRAVEL

All went well with booking etc but you can probably get the same holiday cheaper on Eclipse.
The reps were very attentive and could organise most things but due to the culture of the Island things don’t always happen very quickly. If you want to go to Angel Falls book up as soon as you can as they get oversubscribed. Justin and Carlos were great reps and are on site every day. We used their advice a lot. A new rep joined just as we left but we didn’t have much contact with him.

HOTEL

LTI Cost Caribe Beach Hotel-:
Rustic styles, efficient, clean, pleasant staff, excellent food.
There is a problem with room towels, they seem to be incredibly short of room towels especially hand towels, I recommend you take at least one hand/beach towel for your room. There always seemed to be enough beach towels. Reception constantly ran out of Bolivars and was always expecting some in 30 mins- an hour.

Food
The main restaurant provided good food with a different theme each night. It did get very hot, try to get a table on the patio. Don Alfredo’s, air conditioned, good food with waitress service, they had a problem supplying wine from the wine list for which you pay extra, but I didn’t think it was much better than the free wine. We did try the prawns for which we paid extra but it didn’t really seem worth it as the other options were really tasty, if a little salty. The Mexican restaurant had good food and very friendly staff. Beach hut – lovely burgers and pasta at lunch times only.

Pool
A Large free-form pool, with for me, rather annoying changes of depths, without warning, but the pool was cleaned all the time. Pool bar very welcome when it was very hot but service intermittent from the waterside. Great waiters practicing their cockney!

Entertainment
Daytime aquarobics was fun. We kept meaning to attend the Spanish and salsa dancing classes, but didn’t quite make it. Holiday camp games by the pool were not to our taste but amused some. Evening entertainment wasn’t our sort of thing either although the Animation team put lots of effort into it, amazing given the heat. There isn’t much to do in the evening on site and apart from meals we didn’t go out much, we seemed exhausted by the evening after a heavy day of tanning and reading on the beach 

TRIPS

Angel Falls-:
The couple who went to Angel Falls had an exhilarating time. They were flown in a single engined Cessna- 12 seats including the pilots (who they shared their boiled sweets with while they was 'driving'). One went to sleep until the apparent trainee woke him for directions.

Jeep Tour-:
Really good fun, our driver was a graduate Marine Biologist (Raphael) who gave us loads of information about the island and the environment. Very well organised.

Artisan tour-:
It was interesting to visit Margaritan houses to see people living and working. Going on a Sunday should be avoided, as it seemed to intrude too much on people’s lives, guide was good and cheerful.

Sunset cruise-:
Lovely, great snacks provided well organised and good atmosphere. Watch out for the sea urchins and puffa fish.

Horse riding-:
Excellent, well organised day out.

Scuba Diving-:
One of our party already had a little scuba experience, he went on this trip and over two days gained a certificate of competence. He thought it was very well run and enjoyed it immensely. Do beware of entering on this without a little practice in the pool. One couple did try it but found they couldn’t cope underwater and so wasted their money.

Sambil Mall-:
Very modern – could have been Bristol, nothing seemed very cheap, the food hall was good. We chose Buffalo’s, if you do beware of choosing the T bone, it was enormous and a bit tough, everything else was really tasty and good. About £12 per head all in. We didn’t bother going to any of the Malls again.

Juan Griegio-:
We didn’t find anything worth going in for in this little town. Apparently there a few nice restaurants near the fort but we didn’t try them. It seems to be full of T-Shirt and Underwear shops, but try it for yourselves, the taxi is only about £1- £1.50 each way. If you have a beer in the bar people are very nice and chat.

Mazanilla Beach-:
Donna Elvira – wonderful meal after watching a glorious sunset. About £12 per head all in.

I was grateful for the internet items so I hope this proves useful to someone.

This hotel is terrific!

by TripAdvisor Member hummerh2

We holidayed at this hotel from the 25th May to the 9th June with First Choice Holidays and thoroughly enjoyed it. Like many people staying during this period, we had read the reviews on Trip Advisor and were, to be honest, dreading our arrival.

There were four people in our group, including two elderly people, all of whom have travelled extensively to South Africa, Australia, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Cuba and even Alaska to name but a few.

On arrival, we had a fast, friendly and extremely efficient check in at the hotel. We had booked two junior suites and were extremely pleased to find them spotlessly clean, very well decorated and with air conditioners, fans, lights, showers and toilets all working perfectly. The suites were extremely spacious and the elderly couple in our party were accommodated in a ground floor suite with ourselves being above them - exactly as requested.

During our entire stay, everybody we spoke to was happy with the hotel. We had no reports of illness and the staff were warm, friendly and extremely accommodating.

The food was excellent with a huge amount of choice at each mealtime, and the staffing levels were very high.

The hotel staff worked tirelessly to keep the whole complex immaculately clean.

On the question of sun loungers - there were stacks and stacks of them. There were plenty around the pool and loads on the beach, even when the hotel was at full capacity.

Yes there are iguanas, little lizards, birds and, at night, geckos around the complex and yes some get into the eating areas. This is normal in this type of climate. Part of the charm of the Caribbean is the outdoor lifestyle and these things come with it. They did us no harm and were there a long time before us holidaymakers, so let's respect them?

None of our group (I am ashamed to say) speaks Spanish, but we had no trouble with understanding or making ourselves understood. Many of the staff speak English and were always willing to learn more. There was a wide range of nationalities staying in the hotel including people from Venezuela and various parts of South America, plenty of English and Germans. All were extremely friendly.

The trips we went on (offered by First Choice) were excellent, and again we found nobody had a bad word to say about any of them.

The hotel is in a quiet location and is excellent for total relaxation or as much activity as you wish to participate in - it is up to the individual. For just a few pounds you can get a taxi to any part of the island, arrange a pick up time and only pay for same once you are back at the hotel. It is an excellent arrangement.

As stated earlier, we were extremely worried about this hotel after reading the reviews, but had a fantastic holiday and can recommend this hotel.

Regarding the airport. On arrival, be prepared for a slow process - Margarita is very stringent on customs and quite rightly so. On departure, there are spot baggage checks - do not be worried if they select you and take you out of the queue - they just check your luggage and hand luggage - all very friendly and with no hassle.

Relax and enjoy yourself!

Nice, but not great.

Me & my girlfriend went to this hotel in what must have been the hottest two weeks ever! I definetly wouldnt give this hotel a 4* rating, more like a 3. We had no complaints about the staff, always friendly to us, especially one of the bar staff who always had a smile on his face! Holiday started off ok, but after 3 days my girlfriend collapsed in the foyer, the staff were excellent though. they were there straight away and the hotel doctor appeared about a minute later. then i felt faint on the day trip we were on & had to come back, we suspect we'd picked up a bug which affected us for most of the first week. Did the coche island cruise which was a lovely day just lounging on a catamaran, didnt get to spend long on the island though which was disappointing. but the journey back made up for it when we had 5 or 6 dolphins swimming in front of the boat, also saw some flying fish which are wierd creatures! Did the swimming with dolphins at the aqua park, lovely swimming with them but the pools theyre in seem far too small for them. One trip which is a definite must is the canaima park trip. the cloud cleared just long enough to get some good photos of angel falls, but the real highlight of this trip & perhaps the holiday was getting to walk under the el sapo waterfall, it was unbelievable. Food was quite good, had enough to cater for me & i'm a fussy eater but it got a bit repetitive in the second week. Beach was ok, not brilliant & the sea was quite rough but i suppose thats because its on the atlantic side! All in all it was a nice holiday, but i wouldnt go back to the island as i feel we'd seen everything there was to see. Avoid late june & july if you dont like the heat, the heat is almost unbearable in the early afternoon! Met a lovely couple from Hull, Todd & Denise. if you see this it would be nice to hear from you, just drop us an e-mail!

Had a very enjoyable time - 26-05-05 to 10-06-05

by TripAdvisor Member Ambs

Our party consisted of four adults and 4 children (aged between 6 and 8). We booked with Hayes & Jarvis and would certainly use them again. We travelled on First Choice Airways and were very impressed with the overall flight.

Apart from the fact that the hotel was more a 3 star than 4 star, I cannot fault it. We had a junior suite which was spacious and very clean (although the sofabed was a bit uncomfortable). The food in the buffet restaurant was nice with a different theme every night. I didn't rate the Italian restaurant, although the other 3 adults did! The burgers and chips during the day went down well with the kids!

The swimming pool was lovely. Because it was shallow in most places, it made it ideal for the children who thought it was fantastic. Our first week was much hotter and humid than the second. We had a couple of downpours during our second week but nothing major, in fact, it was quite refreshing.

The hotel staff were very friendly and the bar staff were some of the nicest I've come across.

My only disappointment with the holiday was the sea. It was not your usual Caribbean turquoise and was too rough for swimming.

We all had a lovely holiday, the kids had a great time and did not moan or get bored once!

would not recommend

My husband and i have just returned from a 2 week holiday at this resort and think people should be made aware that this is no way a 4 star hotel more like a 2 star. We have done several all inclusive holidays and they have been great with everything that was offered however this was not the case here. Rooms were very small, entertainment during the day and evening very bad, food could have been alot better, beach was not good and were not allowed down there as bandits with guns and knives there one day.
I would also advise people to check out when the venizualean holidays are as the place is totally taken over and it only wants to cater for them.
I know this is a very third world island and we have been to some before but it has never reflected on the services and hotels we have always booked before. Please look into very carefully what you are being offered at this resort.

Fantastic wish I was still there

by TripAdvisor Member wanderin_jue

We have just arrived home today after 2 weeks of heaven in this Hotel. I can only think that some of the other reviews given are talking about another Hotel! From the time we arrived until the moment we left the staff were helpful, friendly and very professional.
The Rooms were spotless and the housekeepers work very hard everyday to keep them that way.
The food was of a very high standard, with lots of choices everyday, There really was something for everyone. The standards in the restaurant were very very high and everything was kept hot and covered. The waiters were very quick to serve your drinks and clear tables so we never had trouble with finding a table even though the hotel was very busy. The beach bar which served food until 3 o'clock was casual dress, swimwear was allowed and had freshly cooked homemade hamburgers, fries salad and also fish, meat and veg to choose from, then from 3 it served afternoon tea with lots of little cakes and fantastic coffee then in the evening it was mexican ( Fantastic again) the main restaurant asked you to wear shorts and t shirt and had a lot more choice in meat dishes and fish, they also had a theme night each night, BBQ, international, italian to name a few.
We travelled with First Choice and the Reps Milton and Carlos were brilliant. The beach is a bit rough but good fun if you walk a little to the left of the hotel there are some great spots for body boarding. All in all a great hotel with great staff can't wait to go back one day.

Isla Margarita LTI Costa Caribe

by oldguy472003

Visiting Margarita in Mar 07. Has anyone stayed in this hotel lately?
Plan to rent a car. Cheaper to rent off airport?
Recomends/Cautions?
Thanks in advance.

Margarita Island - excursions to the mainland

by josee007

I'm thinking of going to margarita island the first week of april 2005. Apart from Angel Falls, what type of tours/excursions there are from Margarita Island? What are the prices like? Is it possible to take a tour into the jungle? what other things are there to do? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Margarita Island - excursions to the mainland

by S.Fuller

We were there in November last year.

Did the 2 day Angel Tours/Canima trip which was fab and included a walk in the jungle. This may vary from tour to tour so worth checking. Our tour guide was called Luis from LTA (booked through First Choice) and he was brilliant and full of knowledge.

There are loads of boat/catarmaran trips - around $40+ dollars I think. You can swim with dolphins too and there is a trip to see the local artisans.

We went on a jeep safari day around the whole island and would recommend that too - around $60 I think.

We stayed at the LTI Costa Caribe and loved it.

Hope this helps

travelling to margarita island

by jellybeanz

we are planning a trip to venezuela at the end of january/beginning of february. we are looking at LTI Costa Caribe beach hotel. I am wondering if this is a good place to stay. How safe is it to sight see, and health wise, what are the things i have to worry about? i am bringing my 5 month old daughter with us too. how expensive is it to buy things in venezuela? i am from canada, so i will have to convert my money. will this need to be in USD and then to venezela's currency? any responses are appreciated. thank you

Re: travelling to margarita island

by reobasco

Jelly bean: I haven't been to Margarita. My friend says it's not the best of Caribe, but it's very nice.

About Venezuela, I think safety precautions are important anywhere, maybe not so much in Margarita?

About prices, take it easy, it is very cheap (well, Caracas is), even for us Uruayans.

Most shops don't accept dollars, though. And, beware, they might not even accept your credit card in some places, like the supermarket.

Sorry my experience with Venezuela is so little, but I loved it.

Take care!

Lilian

Re: travelling to margarita island

by GBR

You will be safe sightseeing. Take an island tour, it is very enjoyable. The only health concern I ran into was being careful what I ate, I was sick for 2 days, but the person I was with was fine. It is not at all expensive buying things on the island. Around Playa el Agua there were places exchanging Canadian dollars. The exchange rate in Venezuela is fixed so don't use the exchange houses. While I was there last February I was exchanging money at a restaurant on the beach for almost double the official rate.

Comments