Coche Paradise Hotel Isla Margarita

Playa La Punta Isla De Coche, Venezuela
Otel.com

More about Isla Margarita

View over Porlamar from Margarita SuitesView over Porlamar from Margarita Suites

¡Hola!¡Hola!

The beachThe beach

Catamaran TourCatamaran Tour

Trip to Orinoco-Delta

by robg22

Hi,
we are going to Margarita (Playa el Agua) this may.We want to do a trip (2-3 days) to orinoco-Delta, any tips for ,who to book with? Need a malaria inoculation (prophylactic), also a risk for yellow fever?
Also we look for horse riding in the near from Playa el Agua.
Is it easy to go for a trip of the Isla Margarita by bus ore better by taxi?Have a recommendation for a taxi-driver/taxi-agency?

Tanks!

Re: Trip to Orinoco-Delta

by hossmar

Hi, I'm sorry if I'm late. The Delta is not a popular destination in Venezuela, and you might find it a little difficult to get a tour. A 100% recommendation is the yellow fever shot, and some malaria pills (or inoculation) too. As far as I remember you need to get the pills for malaria a few days ahead of the trip. Horse riding in playa el agua will be easy, just go north of the beach and you'll find people offering it. You can go by bus or taxi, taxi is more confortable of course, but also way more expensive.

Re: Trip to Orinoco-Delta

by Warao

The Orinoco-Delta is in the jungle. I have visited there 4 times and enjoyed the trip. If that is a trip you want, I have visited this place. http://www.abujenetours.com/
David

Travel Tips for Isla Margarita

On the Beach

by Bwana_Brown

Get out and tour around the Island a bit. It has a 3100 foot high peak, mangrove swamps, tropical forests and beautiful beaches. We also enjoyed a few excursions into the downtown area for shopping at the local flea-market. The resort had a shuttle-bus service that would do the required transportation at no charge. Photo of a day on the beach, instead of in the pool, just a few minutes away from the resort. Another tip or two: My calling card worked without problems from downtown telephone booths in Porlamar and also the ATM card gushed out cash without problems! This is always nice.

THE FLAG OF VENEZUELA

by DAO

The flag of Venezuela was originally hoisted by Francisco de Miranda, one of the independence leaders in 1806. It consists of three equal horizontal stripes with YELLOW representing the wealth of the land, BLUE representing independence from Spain (and/or bravery), and RED symbolizing courage. The seven stars were added slightly later to represent the seven colonial provinces of Barcelona, Barinas, Caracas, Cumaná, Margarita, Mérida, and Trujillo that had united against Spain during the War of Independence.

Simón Bolívar added the eighth star when he liberated part of Guyana.

The Coat of Arms was added on February 17, 1954.

Just to prove his ability to do stupid things, the current leader, Hugo Chavez, has decided to change the direction of the horse on the coat of arms. It will now go to the left, not a big surprise.

Flag Day is celebrated in Venezuela on August 3 (since 2006).

Thinking of peanut butter!

by Bwana_Brown

Because of our gradual distaste of the 'all-inclusive' diet at the resort, we later on wished we had taken some peanut butter on the trip! Nevertheless, it was a great trip, even the blizzard did not bother us (the photo is supposed to show my tan when we arrived back home!)

Mangrove Swamp Tour

by Bwana_Brown

Part of our boat-ride through the mangrove swamps near the western tip of the Island - a part of our Jeep tour trip package. I always love to see the closely packed mangroves, with their above ground roots and great foliage they remind me that I am definitely in the tropics! We saw a good assortment of wildlife too, including the usual crocs and lizards, before returning to the departure point where we had an excellent lunch on beachside tables.

mugged on the rocks @ LTI costa caribe

by bubbleroc

"A warning"

This is to let people know that even leaving the beach by 100 meters sitting on the rocks to take some photos is not a good idea.
It was 10.30 am, we were sat taking some pictures, three lads walked by saying olah! and smiling. we smiled back said olah they walked past. we thought they were headed back to the hotel, and then they jumped on us from behind. One put a rope around my partners throat and tried to cut his throat with a knife luckily he got his hand up in time another one was also top of him trying to stab him with his knife.
The one who had jumped on top of me had my bag and was still on top of me, i was very scared and i bit hard on the arm that he was trying to put around my throat.
My partner also got hit on the head with a rock and several small stab wounds in his back.
i ended up with a cut on my throat luckily not deep, a 5 inch cut on my arm and lots of scratch marks and a small attempted stab wound on my back and deep cuts and grazes on my knees and legs from the rocks.
It was terrifying.
The worst thing was they had my bag but they still carried on attacking, if my partner had not managed to stand up and start yelling i think we may have ended up dead.
We got back to the hotel who informed the police and got us to hospital.
Many of the hotel staff, the bar staff in particular were mortified that this had happened so close to the hotel in broad daylight and very sympathetic.

we were not flaunting wealth, we had a camera and a bag no jewelry and were wearing shorts and tops, and so close the hotel.

over the next couple of days we felt terrible unlucky to have been mugged and lucky to be alive.
we were told also by staff there had been a few incidents of a similar nature over the last few years.

A few days later we went back up the beach to see if we would be stopped by a guard or if there was a sign warning the fellow guests that safety could not be guaranteed. NOBODY STOPPED US! it was not till we returned off the rocks that a guard stopped us and said we should not go there as it was dangerous. I told him we were the people who were mugged and he must be brave and tell people not to go beyond the sand.
We did meet some lovely people but the hotel need to do more to warn of the dangers beyond the sand.

Comments