Confortel Isla Bonita

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Isla Margarita

Breakfast Patio by D. O'BrienBreakfast Patio by D. O'Brien

wedding playa caribewedding playa caribe

The pool barThe pool bar

beach after light but short early morning rainbeach after light but short early morning rain

Getting to margarita!

by bartago

I live in NYC and want to get to my families house in margarita!
I dont have the most money so i'm trying to get there cheap. . . . . .
seems like i heard that if you go from nyc to trinadad tobago it's not that expensive but how do you get to margarita from there?
I'm glad that im not alone in trying to find info on getting to margarita!
bartago

by cgf

Why don't you fly between Caracas's Simón Bolívar International Airport and Isla de Margarita?
beside Aeropostal offers direct flights from Miami to Porlamar (Margarita) via Caracas everyday.

by bartago

it's around 1000 to take that flight ---but like 300 to go to triadad --- so im trying to work that angle----any help on that?
bartago

by cgf

from trinadad take a ferry if there is one or look if you found a good fare with BWIA West Indies Airways or Conviasa (with both you need to do a stop as there is not a direct flight).
Maybe a cheap DIRECT flight from NYC to Caracas and plus 5 hours by bus to Puerto [something I do not remember now] for about 5 pounds and then the ferry to island between 2 to 5 hours (different ferries) you'll be there.

with who you find that flight to trinadad tobago?

by jhungar5

^ ditto, that's pretty cheap airfare. i live in nyc too so it'd be good to know :)

by hossmar

There's no ferry between Trinidad and Margarita. There's a flight between Port Spain, Trinidad and Porlamar, Isla de Margarita, it's flown by Conviasa Airline. It departs at 16:05 everyday except Tuesdays and Saturdays. I don't know if that's cheaper than flying to Caracas and then taking a Conviasa flight to Porlamar. As someone said, you can take a bus, but you must get from Maiquetia Airport, to Caracas and then from Caracas take a bus to Pto La Cruz, then take the ferry to Margarita, and from there another bus to Porlamar.

Travel Tips for Isla Margarita

IT MEANS PEARLS !!!!

by DAO

Margarita is not named after a pizza! Or a drink made with tequila. The island was discovered by Christopher Columbus on his 3rd voyage to the New World in 1498. He immediately discovered from the native Indians the source of its wealth – large natural pearls. He then named the island La Margarita - the Greek word for pearls. Then name was changed slightly by the Spanish royal family to Isla de Margarita to honour the princess from Austria, Margaret Theresa of Spain (Spanish: Margarita Teresa de España 1651-1673).

BIG OLD AMERICAN CARS

by DAO

You can tell that Venezuela is a major producer of oil and that the prices of petrol are cheap. The island is like a huge museum of the freakishly largest American cars ever produced. Cadillacs and Lincoln Town cars all have a new lease on life here. A typical Lincoln Town car is 5.9 meters (19 feet) and 2 metres wide 6 1/2 feet). Now imagine these beasts in small crowded streets in some of the towns. Nightmare.

Windsurf ...kitesurf

by ezaguryk

It has much wind and calm waters and not so deep thus it does one of best seven beaches of the world for the practice of aquatic sports like windsurf and kite surf.

Tiene mucho viento y aguas tranquilas y poco profundas por lo cual la hace una de las mejores siete playas del mundo para la práctica de deportes acuáticos como el windsurf y el kitesurf. there are a lot of places that have equipment for windsurf and kitesurf, each one has its trainer, equipment to rent, classes for advanced basic, for all that wants to practice of windsurf and kitesurf.

Hay Muchos Lugares que tienen Equipos de windsurf y el kitesurf , cada uno tiene su entrenador, equipos para alquilar, clases basicos avanzados, para todo al que quiera practicar del windsurf y el kitesurf

Playa Parguito for Surfing

by starship

Another great beach on Isla Margarita is Playa Parguito. This beach offers fewer selections in facilities such as shops and restaurants than Playa El Agua but is most popular with locals because it offers more privacy. This beach apparently has more wave action and is therefore better for surfers. This is the only other beach where bungee jumping is offered.

Facilities include: restaurants, beach chairs, umbrellas, showers & bathroom, shops and boogy and surfboard rentals.

A Honeymoon to last a lifetime!

by rjosephene

"We are married and now we are off!"

First, I would like to thank Virtual Tourist for all of the information that I was able to gain through this website! We knew that we wanted to go to an island, but were undecided on which one. I began to research all of the islands in the Carabean and when I got to the Isla of Margarita, I was awestruck. I put out questions for people to answer and all that I got back were rave reviews of the island. I have some tidbits of useful information that were learned through trial and error. First, it really helps to learn the language, but you can get by if you are GOOD at the game of Sherades! When we arrived at Caracas and through customs, a man came rushing up to us and asked if we had paid our air tax - HUH! Than he asked if we had any Bolivares, which I knew that is the Veneazuelian money. We told him no, but that we did have a debit card. He quickly explained that we HAD to get Bolivares in order to pay the air tax. We thought we were getting flim flammed but found out LATER that this was a fact. The island is so laid back to the point that at least the airline that we took is notoriously late. Coming back we caught the second flight of the day off of the island and it was one and a half hours late!

Comments