La Casa de Maria

Urbanizacion Playa EL Angel. Calle Petronila Mata. Casa "Maria" A - 38., 6316, Venezuela
HostelBookers.com

More about Isla Margarita

Playa El Agua, Isla MargaritaPlaya El Agua, Isla Margarita

The other end of the beachThe other end of the beach

Cab PricesCab Prices

Isla Margarita BeachIsla Margarita Beach

US prices

by sigma275

Hello,
Are prices posted in V Fuertes & US dollars? or will i have to figure it out. also does the sambil mall take credit cards?
thanks for any help

by Jamesr3939

We did a short port stop there a couple of years ago and it seems that USD were taken at the beach bars where we hung out. However, change was returned in local currency. I would take an assortment of bills so you don't end up with a lot of local currency as change and nothing to do with it. Also, get an idea of the exchange rate so you have some idea of what you are paying as I believe prices were mostly posted in local currency.

by crazyman2

Hi

Enjoy the island. It's a fun place. The tourist areas take dollars ---and most of the items are shown in dollars. When we needed change after a purchase it was usually given to us in the local currency. We're talking 'peanuts'...so we didn't worry about change except on one occasion so that there was something to show my pupils in the UK.

Go dollars!

Have fun!

Stephen crazyman 2

by Polskigirl

Yes you can use credit card at Sambil Mall.
Have nice days

Travel Tips for Isla Margarita

FAMILYS AT THE BEACH

by DAO

Isla de Margarita is still a very family oriented island and many families go together to beach areas. As I was travelling around the island I saw a lot of families flying kites and (adults) having a few beers. It’s wholesome family activities and they seemed pretty happy. I got quite a few happy waves, smiles and shouts as I was touring by. Looks like a great place to take the kids.

Amazing Honesty!

by Bwana_Brown

We had a great time, the people were very friendly whether walking around in Porlamar or at the fishing village on the Jeep tour (photo). We did have an interesting experience on landing. On the bus from the airport to the resort I had given one of our plastic bags with some of our Barbados 'duty-free' and my jacket with car keys to one of the kids to look after. In the excitement at the resort, they forgot it and left it on the bus. An hour or two later, when we realized this, we reported it to the front desk, not even knowing which of the several busses we had been on. Amazingly enough, all was returned to us the next morning - it was only then that I found out that the keys had been in the missing jacket! The response to our oversight really impressed me!

Bottles in the gutter

by Bendokan

While touring around Isla Margharita you'll notice how dirty it is. Due to the numerous people with alcohol problems the roads became a dump.

Some people drink while driving and just throw their empty bottles on the side of the road. It tends to pile up and the broken glass is usually the cause of bushfires.

El Fortin

by ezaguryk

The fortin excellent place to see the sunset. There are little children that offer to tell you the history of the place. If you give then a tip the will call the story of the name of Juan griego and the Batalla de Matasiete.

El fortín excelente lugar para ver el atardecer. Alli los niños les ofrecen contarle la histora, diga que si. Por una pequeña propina sabrá porqué Juan Griego se llama así, y que fue la batalla de Matasiete.

Our Dream Wedding in Playa Caribe

by vivacolombia

"The most amazing wedding"

Thanks to our great wedding planner, Henriette, we had our dream wedding organized in playa caribe (isla margarita).
It was just perfect with our close family came especially to Venezuela for the occasion, nice weather, a mariachi band, a professional photographer and us!!
I definitly recommend this kind of informal ceremony.

"Other than getting married"

Margarita doesn't offer much activities other than sunbathing or windsurfing. The coast is nice but the island in itself is just like the rest of venezuela (colorful houses, cars from the 60's and landscapes that didn't match up to what travel guides describe).

Prices are high (really even after changing your money on the black market) but mostly safe for foreigners.

Comments