Maracaibo Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 5138

Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria is situated in the old centre at Plaza Baralt. There was no one in the reception as I arrive and according to the front page of the guest list they were all couples renting a room only for two hours, for 30 Bs. For a whole night I paid 70 Bs for a room (August 2008).
I arrived in the afternoon and wanted to go to a travel agent, but it took some time before I could do that. I had to change room three times. In the bathrooms you must turn on the water for the room before you can open the taps. In the first bathroom the shower went on automatically and could not be turned off (and there was no cabin), in the second bathroom the flush and tap didn’t work and the third room didn’t have a key. The forth room I got was the biggest of them all and it had an extra bed. All windows (in all rooms I saw) were covered, but in the room I got there was a door that opened up to a balcony. In the rooms there is also a TV.
The woman cleaning was very nice and helpful when I changed room and she went out to ask for a travel agent. In the evening I went down to the reception to make a phone call (I wanted to call and reserve a hotel in Maracay). The man that by then was in the reception told me to go to the phones in the square, a place I didn’t want to visit in the dark alone. I said I will call tomorrow, but I should have said I could pay in the hotel to use their phone (nothing he suggested).

• Opinion of Price: N/A

• Ragnar1998 profile photo Ragnar1998
  • Reviews: 4

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

There is not a good hotel in Maracaibo Anymore

I have been in Maracaibo for the last 4 years at least twice per year, and I have not found a good hotel yet, I stayed in Hotel del Lago (their only 5 star hotel) I really do not know who rated them 5 star but the hotel is pitiful, besides is superexpensive for what you recieve (almost $200 per night) Then I switch to Hotel el Paseo from bEst Western, worse, Hotel Maruma praised by the locals was not any different, and Hotel Kristoff on the same list. Do not get me wrong the locals are very nice people but lack a good Hotel.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive