Annaba Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Annaba

Pollution by steel industry

Annaba praises itself to be the Algerian capital of steel. Former President Houari Boumedienne favored the industrial development of the country and built close to Annaba, in El Hadjar a huge, state owned steel complex. It has now been privatized and is run by an Indian company but it still pollutes as much as it used to do.

Pollution by phosphates plant

Annaba has several plants very close to the city. This photo was taken from the 11th level of Seybouse Hotel in the early morning. The plant in the middle should be, if I have well understood our friend, the power station for the harbor. On the right and in the background, a little outside the city, stands the highly polluting phosphate complex. Its wastewaters are acidic because of the sulfuric acid used to transform the natural phosphates into superphosphates for fertilizers of agricultural use.

Warning : School

I collect photos of "Warning, School" road signs in every country. Of course, that is especially interesting when these signs are "home made" and of different styles. This is the case in Algeria but on our recent travel, we were not on our own and this is the only one I could shoot. I must however have some of them from former travels in my slides; I will scan them and put them on VT.

Instant Answers: Annaba

Comments

Annaba Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Annaba warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Annaba sightseeing.