Ilha do Sal Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Ilha do Sal

• DAO's Profile Photo

THE MOST FILTHY DRIVER ON THE ISLAND

by DAO Updated Dec 11, 2009

Favorite thing: FOR ADULTS ONLY!

This is a picture of the driver who took me to the airport. He is very friendly and polite. He helped everyone with their bags. He is also a safe driver. How did he smell? Just fine. No issues. In fact I liked the guy, so I cut out his face so he won't get into trouble.

So what did he do?

For some reason he decided that it would be ok for the second song on his loud playing CD to be gangster rap. So down the bumpy road we went with a buss full of folks including several retired couples. And it went something like this:

Yo better respect me you F****** W****
    Yo are my F****** B****
    Yeah yo F****** C***
    Leave me and I?ll put a cap in your F****** P****

I thought I was hearing things, but no ? it was pure filth. Then I started looking at the people my age who were looking at me. Then we looked back at the older couples in the 60-80's. They looked like they had been stunned by an electric cattle prod.

Just at the end Mr. Driver became self-conscious and turned it down right after the last lyric.

Oh my.

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors

• belavista's Profile Photo

Precise Map of Ilha do Sal - Cape Verde

by belavista Updated Dec 25, 2006

Sal, Boa Vista, Maio 1: 50 000

Favorite thing: A precise map of the islands of Sal, Boa Vista and Maio is published by Lucete Fortes and Dr. Pitt Reitmaier, Goldstadt Editors, ISBN 3-89550-467-X
    I shows beaches, dive spots, hiking trails and other items of interest for travelers. City maps of Espargos and Santa Maria.

To be purchased in Cape Verde at the Tourist Information in Sao Vicente or via internet:

• dudas's Profile Photo

Just relax and enjoy

by dudas Written Sep 6, 2004

Santa Maria do Sal

Favorite thing: While you're in Sal take a few moments and just relax, watch the ocean and ave that thought that everybody has, What am I doing with my life. Stress has no place here.

Fondest memory: Life can be very simple and meaninful.

• sachara's Profile Photo

Inhabitants: 8000
    Highest point: Monte Grande 403 M
    Capital: Espargos
    Port: Palmeira

Santa Maria with the nice beaches and the hotels is in the south, 18 KM from the international airport.

• PFerreira's Profile Photo

When in Cabo Verde you must...

by PFerreira Written Sep 2, 2002

Favorite thing: When in Cabo Verde you must not forget to delight yourself with local cuisine, and to drink Grog (it's a bit strong and distilled of sugar cane).

Also take some tours around the islands. They are worth your time :)

Fondest memory: well it's a bit hard to choose something when it come to Cabo Verde, but the thing i miss the most is the people.

Instant Answers: Ilha do Sal

Comments

Ilha do Sal Favorites

Reviews and photos of Ilha do Sal favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ilha do Sal sightseeing.