Related Democratic Republic of Congo Favorites Tips

• Favorites

Most Viewed Favorites in Democratic Republic of Congo

• Re September Trip

by elabelle Written Mar 14, 2012

Favorite thing: Hey Guys!

I am traveling with my friend (female) as well to D.R.C. in September. We both live in California. We are excited and I can't wait to go. Maybe we can all get together. Lol. Kinshasa is peaceful at the moment but things can change. Remember to always travel in groups. My parents are from the Congo. If you ever need help with anything, I would like to help. I have family there.

• visas for Zambia in DRC

by sahara_stroller Written Dec 12, 2008

Favorite thing: It is not nessecary to come to Kinshasa for your visa to zambia. You can avoid this lovely city and head strait to the border at Lumboubashi. This information is only useful to those unlucky ones that connot get the visa at the border

• Learn French

by bouwerww Written Sep 5, 2007

Favorite thing: All the natives I met were extremely friendly, and bent over backwards to accomodate my every need, but the language barrier can be a bit of a bother, as about 60% can understand and communicate in French or Swahili, but almost none can use English

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Sometimes a Dangerous Place!

by Bwana_Brown Updated Mar 17, 2003

Fondest memory: As a member of the Luanshya, Zambia tennis club team, I took part in a 1973 tournament with a Zairean club located about 160 miles west of Lubumbashi (Elizabethville) in Kolwezi. I was very well looked after by my Belgian host (shown here) who worked at the copper mines in Kolwezi. About 5 years later, in May 1978, this town was invaded and taken over by ex-Katangan rebels invading from Angola and Zambia, requiring intervention by French and Belgian paratroopers to rescue the hostaged population (though not until 160 of the expatriate prisoners and thousands of Zaireans had been massacred). This photo was taken in happier times although, as much as I hate to admit it, I believe I lost the tennis match!

• cosmopolit's Profile Photo

go visit the Gorillas up in...

by cosmopolit Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: go visit the Gorillas up in the Ruwenzori National Park on the border between Zaire, Uganda and Rwanda.

Fondest memory: Lush jungles with most amazing Gorillas living there.
    Misty mornigs in the mountains in out of this world peace. Someone said you feel closer to god. I just felt being part of the whole.
    ***
    Check out my travelogue to see more of it!

• Go and see the Okapis and also...

by jstrudwick Updated Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Go and see the Okapis and also the silverback mountain gorillas - if you can.

Fondest memory: Finally coming across the gorillas after 9 hours of searching. Seeing a volcano explode and being able to hike across the solidified lava to a nearby (but safe) point to watch the spectacular sight.

• There is no specific...

by pearlsa Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: There is no specific restaurant to take you to in Zaire. Since I was born there and my whole family comes from Zaire and that you are my guest, why not take you home with me instead of going to a restaurant. HOme cooked food is the best.
    and when in Zaire, especially on the eastern side, one must try Nyama choma!!!! its roast goat meat, with a lot of seasoning , it is absolutely heaven!!!!!!!

Fondest memory: what I miss most when I am away from home, is the people. My people are the best in world (of course everybody thinks that about their people). I miss the lake, ( I come from the Kivu region) and, last but not least the DANCING!!!!! oh la la. La dance Africaine, escpecially Soukous....man it's amazing what a female can do with her waist!!!!!

• fabrice's Profile Photo

kinshasa intercontinental pizzeria

by fabrice Written Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: I was eating a nice pizza in a restaurant at the intercontinental hotel in kinshasa;my table was very near a little street at the back of the hotel;musicians were playing jazz,nice atmosphere;suddenly,3 military trucks full of soldiers appeared in the little street,and we heard a machine-gun beginning to shoot at them!
    this would not happen in monte-carlo where I live;in monaco,streets are not full of soldiers,they are full of dog -excrements!!!

Democratic Republic of Congo Hotels

21 Reviews - 21 Photos
Bunagana Hotels
2 Reviews - 7 Photos

Instant Answers: Democratic Republic of Congo

Comments

Democratic Republic of Congo Favorites

Reviews and photos of Democratic Republic of Congo favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Democratic Republic of Congo sightseeing.
Map of Democratic Republic of Congo