Philae Warnings and Dangers

Philae - Show till the morning?!!
    by Kuznetsov_Sergey
    Sarah in front of Grafittied Wall
    by ATXtraveler

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Philae

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Show till the morning?!!

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Sep 27, 2007

Philae - Show till the morning?!!

I’ve got another strong impression out of the show when the motor of our boat has decayed on the middle of a way from the island to the bank. All boats with other tourists flashed by us and we drifted along the Nile water in full darkness and uncertainty. I have imagined that we should spent all the night long in a boat till the morning...

The sailor tried to start the motor, but unsuccessfully. It proceeded 10-15 minutes, but it seemed to us that much longer. However another boat appeared from darkness and saved us. How good it was to sleep then in a cosy cabin of our cruise boat!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Don't Deface the Monuments!

by ATXtraveler Written Jan 17, 2005

Sarah in front of Grafittied Wall

The most important lesson that I learned on this trip is how important it is to preserve the natural history which is all around us.

When we entered the temple, I was in awe of the time and elaborate detail in each carving. To top that off, the fact that it was 5000 years old amazed me.

It really was too bad that the Christians that sought shelter in these temples would deface it, and then more shocking was that people from the 20's and 30's would add carved grafitti!

Is "Frank WUZ Here" that important to list, when future generations could have learned about history instead?

• Architecture
    • Archeology

Instant Answers: Philae

Comments

Philae Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Philae warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Philae sightseeing.