Temple of Abu Simbel Warnings and Dangers

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

African Heat!

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Sep 17, 2007

Abu Simbel - African Heat!

I have finally understood in Abu Simbel, what does African heat really mean! Despite of April the temperature reached 40C at the end of our excursion. It seemed to me, that I was on the heated frying pan. When all the tourists plunged into buses at 9.45 and left Abu Simbel I realized, what for I had woken up that day at 3 o'clock and why buses departed to Abu Simbel at 4.30. The first hour of excursion from 7.30 till 8.30 passed in rather comfortable temperature. However next hour of the excursion was already painful because the temperature exceeded 30C.

I think from May till October visiting of Abu Simbel is counter-indicative for tourists from such northern countries as Russia.

• Desert

• CandS's Profile Photo

It's HOT!

by CandS Updated Feb 27, 2007

Abu Simbel

It's very hot at Abu Simbel, even very early in the morning... It also gets VERY stuffy inside the temples. Make sure you wear plenty of sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses and take some water...you will need it! Also, some people we saw had mini fans that they carried around...I wished I'd had one too...

• Adventure Travel

• CandS's Profile Photo

Don't take photos inside

by CandS Written Dec 31, 2005

Abu Simbel

As I mentioned previously, we took a photo inside one of the temples without realising that you're not supposed to. We didn't take any others but we saw some people who took lots of photos...and some people even had their cameras taken away...

• Photography
    • Adventure Travel

• Rachelynn's Profile Photo

No means No

by Rachelynn Written Nov 24, 2004

No cameras are allowed in both the grand temple of Abu Simbel and the temple of hathor.

There are egyptian guards who are stationed inside the temple.

At one glance, they seem to be sleepy and not paying attention to the tourist. Well well well, we couldn't be more wrong! They are like vultures! Swopping down hard at you once you click the camera button.

Boy were we shocked! Before they knew it, 2 tourist's cameras were snatched away by these guards. And the 2 ladies were forced to delete the photos. Luckily it was a digi cam!

My advise would be to respect the regulations and of course, the temple. Just sit back and relax and admire the temple. It's really beautiful. Store these images in your heart....

• Archeology

Instant Answers: Temple of Abu Simbel

Comments

Temple of Abu Simbel Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Temple of Abu Simbel warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Temple of Abu Simbel sightseeing.

View all Temple of Abu Simbel hotels