Dhahab Restaurants

• View of the restaurant from the balcony of my room
    View of the restaurant from the balcony...
    by NilePrincess

Most Recent Restaurants in Dhahab

• NilePrincess's Profile Photo

Penguin Village Rooftop Restaurant: Fun Food with the Atmosphere to Match

by NilePrincess Updated Apr 4, 2011

View of the restaurant from the balcony of my room

Penguin Village is a well known backpacker's haunt in Dahab. The staff are fun, the rooms are cheap and the location can't be beat. The biggest draw for me, however, is their rooftop restaurant. The restaurant is literally on the beach front. You can walk a few steps from your bedouin cushions and dip your toes in the Red Sea. The Rooftop affords great views and at night the lights around the property jazz up the atmosphere. They also allow you to see the fish swimming in the water closeby.

Favorite Dish: Everything I had, from breakfast to dinner, was really tasty and well prepared. You will not be disappointed.

• Rush Dahab: 7 star delicacies and best parties

by rushdahab Written Dec 3, 2010
    Party

The food standard and cleanliness is much much higher than expected from a restaurant in a small desert resort. I have tasted food matching in quality the ones i had in Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton hotels. At night, when Rush throws it parties, no other venture in Dahab retains any crowd ! they maintain best mood, nicest music and party crowd.

Favorite Dish: Rib-eye stake with wine sauce

• Travel with Pets
    • Singles

• Vabate's Profile Photo

Fresh Seafood

by Vabate Updated Jun 22, 2006

Dahab Restaurant

The manager at Monica's hotel recommended this seafood restaurant. Located on the next block, on the same side of the street at Monica's, this restuarant has it's menu located at stand next to it. Pick out your dinner - head, eyes and teeth staring straight at you - then the staff will seat you. Start with soup (fish broth), salad and bread while your selected fish is being prepared. Next comes the main course with fresh greens. I finish with a Turkish coffee. Delicious, fresh and very statisfying. Table seating inside or outside. Back to my hotel for a quick shower and nap before my Sinai Tour hotel pick up at 11:00pm.

Price: Set menu 20E + 5 for turkish coffee or US$5. Beer is available.

It's so odd eating fish after a day of snorkelling or diving!

• Beaches

Tota Restaurant: Good view of Dabah Bay

by Sambawalk Written May 9, 2006

I had afternoon tea with cake in this restaurant. The view from the deck of this boat shape restaurant is excellent. After all, we came here for relaxation. Enjoy.

Price: Tea 5 EGP and Brownies 7 EGP (May 2006).

Penguin Camp: Delicious Italian food

Oriental fried noodles with salad - 25 EGP

I had two breakfast and two meals in Penguin Camp restaurant. The ambience is very good, the sitting is excellent and facing the Gulf of Aqaba, the Saudi Arabia is just 17KM across the Gulf. The prices are reasonable for tourist. Each plate cost 20 EGP. (May 2006). See pics of all dishes. Enjoy your meal.

Bedouim Restaurant: Local cheap and good food

by Sambawalk Written May 9, 2006

Prices and menu are in English

In Dabah, I usually find the food are quite expensive. To my surprise, I loicated a very good price restaurant on the main road. It mainly serves locals but not English menu in front of the restaurant. A chicken set meal cost 13 EGP and Beef set meal cost 11 EGP (May 2006). The set has soup, salad, rice and bread.

Dolphin Cafe: Dolphin Cafe

by CandS Updated Mar 8, 2006

On the way to the Blue Hole

We had lunch at the Dolphin Cafe on our second day in Dahab...unfortunately the food wasn't the best and the service wasn't close to that at the Nubian Lodge. We kicked ourselves afterwards because we had almost gone elsewhere.

Beduion Lodge: Beduion Lodge

by CandS Updated Jan 14, 2006

Beduion Lodge seating...

On our first day in Dahab we had lunch at the Beduion Lodge just a little way down from our hotel... It was really good food and the staff were very nice!! Their mangoe lassie drink was fantastic too! We should have gone back for a second visit...

El Farnar: El Farnar

by CandS Updated Jan 6, 2006

Our dinner!

We ate here two nights in a row with our guide...he is Muslim and it was Ramadun when we were there so he asked us to join him at 'breakfast' (his 5:30 pm meal)... We had seafood the first night then all sorts of yummy things the second night. The staff were really nice and the restaurant was pretty cool.

The only downside would be the little girls who kept trying to sell us things, although they were funny for the first 10 minutes or so they did tend to get a little annoying. I think that they go in to most of the restaurants in Dahab though so there's no escaping them...

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Al Capone

by MalenaN Updated Aug 21, 2005

Shrimp pizza

Al Capone is one of the many restaurants along the beach in Assalah. I had a shrimp pizza and a juice and for that I paid 45 pounds. It was more expensive than other restaurants I tried, but I guess you also pay for the location. Away from the sea you will find the cheapest restaurants in Dahab.
    What is good in Dahab is that the price in the menu is acctually the price, and no 22% for service and taxes is added.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Cats

by MalenaN Updated Aug 21, 2005

Cat by the Red Sea

There are a lot of cats around the restaurants in Dahab and they can be a real annoyance. Many of the restaurants have cushions and low tables so the food comes close to the cats. You can be lucky and eat without cats, but another time when you come back to the same restaurant the cats will not leave you alone, and you have to watch your food all the time. Sometimes the restaurants give you water to spray on the cats.

• Philippa_M's Profile Photo

Tarboush: Our favourite breakfast spot

by Philippa_M Written Mar 22, 2005

View from Tarboush towards the Eel Garden

Small, chilled-out restaurant on the north end of the bay (Asla district), right next to the Eel Garden dive spot. Feels more open and remote than some of the other bustling establishments towards the centre of the bay, with the requisite shady khosha right on the beach giving a lovely view.

Favorite Dish: We only had one thing to eat here - breakfast, almost every morning for our entire stay! Fresh green salad, pitta, hummous, garlicy fuul (delicious saucy, lemony bean dish), potato chips, boiled egg. Perfect for vegetarians, very filling, just the thing to start a full day of diving.

• Beaches
    • Diving and Snorkeling

Instant Answers: Dhahab

Comments

Dhahab Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Dhahab restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dhahab sightseeing.