Dhahab Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Dhahab

• onfoot's Profile Photo

To Dahab from Aqaba by ferry

by onfoot Written Sep 18, 2011

This is a new operation run by Meena gate tours in Aqaba ... The boat leaves from the Royal Yacht club at 7PM (Wednesdays at 5PM) to Nweibe' and from there you can take a taxi to Dahab (a 50 minutes ride) you'd better organize that taxi service with your hotel in Dahab (cost is around 150 - 200 Egyptian Pounds)
    Exit tax is 8 JOD = 11.5$

• Vabate's Profile Photo

Ferry from Aqaba To Dahab

by Vabate Written Jun 22, 2006

Ferry on the Red Sea from Nuweiba to Aqaba

From Aqaba, Passenger Terminal, take the fast ferry departing at 11:30am to Nuweiba, the ticket is 29JD plus 5JD Departure Tax. A taxi from Aqaba City Centre to the terminal is about 3JD. Visas are processed on board - Sinai is free - however there is a hefty departure tax in Egypt of $17USD. In Nuweiba, exchange some money at the terminal then catch a bus or taxi to Dahab. A taxi each way is between 70-100E.

This trip takes the whole day. The Ferry left Jordan at 3:00pm, by the time we were out of the terminal the sun started to set and it was dark by the time I got to Dahab.

Fortunately Dahab is so small you can find a hotel fairly easily. On the main beach strip, I checked one hotel, then turned up a road and checked two more. Within a half-hour I was checked in to a hotel and had my Sinai tour booked. Thank God!

• Religious Travel

• CandS's Profile Photo

Bus

by CandS Updated May 1, 2006

On the way back to Cairo

We took a bus to Dahab from Cairo (via St Catherines) as part of our tour... The trip took around 7 hours although our driver was driving so fast I'm sure we should have gotten there quicker. ;) There isn't much along the way but it's still nice to look out the windows and see some of the real Egypt...

• Adventure Travel

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

To and from Dahab

by MalenaN Written Aug 21, 2005

The beach front in Dahab

I came to Dahab from St Katherine’s Monastery. There is a bus from the nearby village leaving for Dahab at 1 o’clock. I wanted to leave earlier so I went down to the parking just after 9 o’clock, hoping I could go with one of the many tour buses and taxis waiting there (the monastery opens at nine and after visiting all people who came to climb Mt Sinai go back to their resort). I found a group of people going in a minibus to Dahab and their driver let me go with them for 30 pounds, which I accepted.
    Leaving Dahab I shared a minibus with three other people. Someone else had already negotiated about the price and we paid 150 pounds for the car to Sharm el Sheik. You can get it cheaper (2005)!

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Bus

by Sambawalk Written May 9, 2006

Bus schedule

From Dabah, there are 4 buses going to Cairo and other buses to Sharm and onwards. Your hotel can book the ticket for you. See pic for the schedule.

Instant Answers: Dhahab

Comments

Dhahab Transportation

Reviews and photos of Dhahab transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dhahab sightseeing.