Quad Biking, Sharm El Sheikh

Me stood with the quad bike
    by LiamJackson10
    View the other way from the top of hill
    by LiamJackson10
    Sun set across the desert
  • Kaysta's Profile Photo

Desert fun: Quad biking

by Kaysta Updated Mar 23, 2007

Me on the bikes...What a picture!!

WOW! I can't begin to describe how much fun this trip was. Prior to going to Sharm, i already did some research on the excursions i was going to do. Quad biking was on the list, and although i just had major surgery on my abdomen...(6 weeks post operation when i was in Sharm) I knew it'd be an experience not to miss!! Although i imagined it'd be fun...i never guessed how much!! During my stay at Dreams Beach i got talking to few people who mentioned that it was good and they were going again.

We were picked up from our hotel and taken to a place where all the quads were kept. I put on my goggles and headscarf...I bet i looked the picture. We were then shown our quad bike, we had someone to follow...there was a lot of people out in the desert on quads, so sand and plenty of noise...only made it more exciting!! We couldn't go too fast because we was just following our guide to the place where the trip was to take place. It was soo exciting!! We evencually came to the desert and we could go full throttle!! The buzz was amazing!!

We stopped to visit the Bedouin People, who were really lovely. We could stop for drinks and buy things such as bracelets. There was also a camel in the desert which we could ride if we wanted...but i just wanted to go back on the bikes! Our guide took us to a place called Echo Valley, we all shouted our names which was supposed to be good luck...It was really fun. Then we went on a road trip between the Valleys then stopped off to the Bedouin tent and had traditional Egyptian tea. We sat and talked about how much fun we were having. I went back on the Quads to the place where the Quads were. It was soo much fun...I was full of sand, but i didnt care...It was an experience not to miss!!

I will definately be going once or twice when i visit again in September...I can't wait!!

• Desert

• Firestar24's Profile Photo

Quad biking through the desert

by Firestar24 Updated Nov 7, 2005

That's ME!!!!

I love quad biking - I've been in the jungle of Borneo, the beaches of Penang, the Sugar plantations of The Dominican Republic - and now - the deserts of Sinai. And so far it gets better every time.

Alot of people do this for the first time when they come to Sharm - My Mum was one of them - it's romantic, exciting and a great way to see the desert.

We went with the best. Taba Safari operates from just outside Naama Bay and the guys there are brilliant. They'll drive on two wheels, fly through the black desert nights and make sure everyone has a safe and exhilarating ride. Throw in a stop at The Echo Temple & a glass of tea at a bedouin settlement and you have a perfect trip.

Proof of this is that I went on this trip 5 times. (and would have gone several more if I could)

• joolssss's Profile Photo

Quad biking in the desert

by joolssss Written Apr 21, 2004

the kids and me and our guide

We were taken through Naama bay into the mountains and given two double quads, its advisable to wear full clothing and face masks as its SOOO dusty biking through the sand! its a bit strange at first but quite a thrill! you stop in a bedouin tent for some tea also. We were taken to echo mountain where the kids wre encouraged to shout at the top of their lungs to hear the echoes! it was cool!

• paradisedreamer's Profile Photo

Quad bikes

by paradisedreamer Updated Apr 3, 2004

Quad bikes

We also booked this through Sun 'n Fun (see my general tip), It was $35 each for about 2 hours. Make sure to wear long pants and you can get a scarf on the trip to cover your face from the sand. If you are a biker you may find you don't have the ability to really 'ride' but it is fun anyway.

• Quad Biking in Sharm - easy and fun!

by ExpatEgypt Written Jun 5, 2008

My two year-old rode with my husband. My 8-year old rode with me. It was so easy that I was able to take turns driving with her letting her hold the throttle and steer. The only problem is that your hand gets tired from holding the throttle in, but it's a very fun ride and you get a break just when you're getting too tired... but don't forget your sunglasses and either take a scarf with you or take them up on the offer to wrap your head Bedouin-style so you don't eat the dust from all the other quad-bikes on your tour. You follow your guide in a long line and you're in the desert - so the bikes kick up sand. We liked it so much, we did the rides on both of our trips to Sharm.

• optic's Profile Photo

quads

by optic Written Jun 17, 2008

we all love the quads as well, they are so easy to ride, even for a novice, it takes a few minutes to get the feel for them and you can control your speed easily - we do them each time we are in sharm.....just remember to lift your bum off the seats slightly when going over a bigger bump or your whole body rattles!..they are great, young teenagers are riding them - one tip, we go very early, usually about 9 - 10 in the morning as it is not so hot yet, but we still get our heads wrapped up by the guide, scarfs cost 30 egyptian i think, but worth it, and secondly, at this time, it is quiet, and we basically get out on our own without other people there, which gives us more freedom.....another thing, dont be forced to book the video, it is rubbish quality!!!!....xx you will love it, give it a try!!

• quad biking in the desert

by hywel60 Written Oct 8, 2003

For about $60 us you can hire quad bikes and go out to the egde of the desert and mountains and watch the sunset with your guides. You get to meet some of the nomadic people known as the Bedwin who live out in the desert and have egyption tea with them before watching the sun set.

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • National/State Park

• kayleigh06's Profile Photo

Quad Biking 1

by kayleigh06 Updated Dec 20, 2007

We went Quad Biking twice, with two different tour operators. Uncle Sam's was a better experience, he offered us a decent price for the 4 of us (all adults) for a day trip out into the desert in the Sinai mountains. You will have a mini-bus come and pick you up from your hotel to take you to the Sinai Desert to get your quad. It just happened to be that it was only us four who was there on the day so we had a leader that took the four of us out. We was going around for about an hour and a half and then we arrived at a bedouin camp out in the mountains. We spent about 45 mins - an hour there (this was due to the person who took us out taking me & another woman out on his quad for a faster ride in the desert singally). At the bedouin camp they offered us tea (for free) or cold drinks (which had to be payed for) there was also a woman there with small gifts which you could buy to take back. Then we went back off on the quads for about another hour an a half to 2 hours back to the where you got the quads. Then you will be taken back to your hotel in the same mini-bus.

While out in the desert i would advise a few of the following things, grab yourself a shemagh desert scarf (then at the hotel - like we did get them to ut them on for you) this way the sand doesnt get in your face that much, wear something that covers your eyes - preferably goggles, as silly as it sounds it works :D (well did for me both in Tunisia & Egypt). Try to take a bottle of water with you, you can ram them under the bars at the front/back of the quads (just check tht they are secure). Wear old clothes that you dont mind gettin wrecked, becuase you will be lucky if you wear them again let alone after washing them. They will only be fit for the bin after. Try to take a camera with you if you are with someone who has a bag becuase you see some wonderful views of the Sinai Mountains. Also if you are planning on the day trips then a good supply of sun tan lotion before you go

• Quad biking

by ElizabethSmith Written Aug 4, 2003

An evening excursion into the desert on a quad bike is an unmissable experience. You need to take a scarf and sunglasses to cover your face from the dust. The trip takes a couple of hours including a stop off at a Bedouin camp where tea is served. You need a strong constitution to cope with the bouncing around but the experience is truly exhilarating! Highly recommended

If you book in Sharm instead of with your tour rep or hotel you will pay half the price

Picture to follow

• tracymg's Profile Photo

Quad Biking

by tracymg Updated Jul 16, 2005

Nice!!!

Quad Biking in the Sinai Desert. Booked this through our hotel and it cost £25 for the two of us (Double Quad). It would have cost more through our tour operator.

We were picked up from our hotel at 6pm and taken to the edge of the desert where we were given our quads. It was not a race, it was fairly leisurely and everybody stayed in a line throughout the journey.

We also stopped at a Beduin Village and were offered a traditional drink of Tea and a water pipe.

It was good fun. Remember to where clothes you don't mind ruining and do not forget your sun glasses. As you will see from our picture you will look a little dirty throughout this trip.

You are provided with a helmet for safety.

If booking in Naama Bay the price was advertised at 25 euros but we felt safer booking through our hotel.

• smirnofforiginal's Profile Photo

Quad Biking

by smirnofforiginal Written Apr 16, 2007

Quad biking is fun!

We went off in a BIG group but for this activity numbers really don't matter.
    Kids went on quad bikes with us and had a fantastic time...as did we! TOP TOP TOP FUN!

Bouncing along the desert until Echo Mountain where kids and adults alike delight in a little shout. Then onto a Bedouin tent... I got the feeling that this tent was only here to try to rip the tourists off for over priced drinks and it felt like the tea was only given for a baksheesh!

Such a wicked activity you simply HAVE to do this. Somebody asked me if our travel insurance covered quad bikes... dunno, hadn't crossed my mind but might be worth a check. The guys running the trip kept a close eye on everybody and those that messed about were pulled aside and given a stern talking to which is good - the last thing (particularly with a kid on the bike) you want is some show off idiot in front kicking all the sand up so you can't see and then braking hard!

Such good fun. Tips are : wear sun glasses although when the sun has set and it gets very dark very quickly I couldn't decide what was more important - to wear the glasses and keep sand out of eyes but be so dark I couldn't see, or to not wear glasses be able to see but then get sand in eyes and be blind anyway!
    Dish dashes can be bought but expensive so either get one first or don't bother.
    I was pleased of my long sleeves, long trousers and trainers.
    Not like a bike - if you want to turn right - lean left!
    Was pleased I had my bottle of water with me.

• VikingHarald's Profile Photo

RIDING WITH MODERN CAMEL (ATV) TO DESERT... !!!

by VikingHarald Updated Jan 12, 2008

Start of safari

ATV(All terraine vehichle) /motor biking to desert.
    ***************************************

BEAUTINES OF SAND DESERT OF SINAI
    To feel wind, pieces of sand coming against your face, to see blue sky and sand desert are worth of experience.

This kind of safaris are from 2-hours to whole day and evening. What´s bes you can drive for yourself and do something when safari is moving. Some refresement are arrangement in desert and meet to real bedouins in their camps if possible.

• Safari

• kayleigh06's Profile Photo

Quad Biking 2

by kayleigh06 Updated Dec 20, 2007

When we went Quad Biking a second time there was 6 of us, we was walking along the Public Beach and someone stopped us, and offered us a price (we was going to go back with Uncle Sam - see Quad Biking 1 tip) but he offered us it far cheaper, so we took that one. Due to him just being on the beach I cant tell you his name, company or anything. It was exactly the same as my Quad Biking 1 tip but we didnt go to the same people for Quads, we didnt spend as long in the camp, there was 4 more, so it was a group of 10 this time and we went a slightly different way around the mountains.

I still recommend the same things for when going Quad Biking

• Danny&Bronia's Profile Photo

Quad BIking in Sharm

by Danny&Bronia Written Sep 19, 2005

Tried Quad BIking in Sharm!

Was amazing! Realy enjoyed it!

Booked up in the shopping Centre in Sharm(The small boat within the shoping centre, sadly cant remember the name!).

Cost next to nothin each (8 pounds! )Was a great laugh. Lasted about 4 hours.

Picked us up from the hotel...on the Quad! Took us out into the desert. Camel Rides if you want (at an extra cost) Then of to shout in a canyon to hear your echo!
    Then to a beddowin rest place for Tea!

Really good experience and would do it again!

The team who took us were great! Very Friendy and not pushy at all! Just wanted us to enjoy our time!

Got a DVD of the experence for £15! delivered to the hotel the following day!

All in All EXCELENT!!

• seasonedveteran's Profile Photo

Desert ATV Safari

by seasonedveteran Written Apr 24, 2008

the bedouin man in the background is very cool!

Take my advice and dish out the 20 euros for the ATV safari. He will take you on a journey through the desert passing by mountains, to Bedouin camps, and cutting through the pure arabian desert sands. We got to see young Bedouin children selling camel tooth on a necklace, trinket beads and begging for money. :) I even got to do some small talk with one of the bedouin men, practicing my bad arabic. and the guide showed us the camel will eat anything! We also shouted into the huge desert mountains to hear our echoes. Later we relaxed Bedouin style in their tents and played physical puzzle games, which was a cool way to get to know the russians. Then we climbed a small hill, which seems big in the desert.

The day started picking me up right at my hotel, called Sunset Partner Hotel! In the car i sat in the back with a very beautiful young russian girl. Then we met up with the rest of the russians in her group! Prepare your face from the desert elements with sun glasses and a headscarf. Also try to cover your skin from the sun. Once we had our powerful quads, we set off in the desert in a uniform line, first doing a trial circle run for practice. Then we set out! I started having a lot of fun, swirving side to side, jumping, standing, and reaching top speeds at some points passing some of the russians, which got me into a bit of trouble from the leader. He was a really cool leader, and did some cool stunts like standing on one footside of the ATV holding only one handle bar, and even ride on TWO WHEELS! The whole time guys in a jeep were giving us the thumbs up and recording us on DVDs.

Overall the day was very safe, relaxed, actionpacked, fun and interactive with others, which is really good as a single travelor in egypt.

Instant Answers: Sharm El Sheikh

Comments

View all Sharm El Sheikh hotels