Siwa Warnings and Dangers

• June.b's Profile Photo

Photography

by June.b Written May 9, 2012
    a girl on the window

Siwa is a conservative town compared to most cities in Egypt. You can photograph the sights and most things but not the women and the female children. I know the restriction on women but not the children so when a group of female children probably 9m - 12 years olds going to school passed by infront of a photo subject, they all said "NO" in chorus.

And then when I was wandering around the foot of the fortress in a local neighborhood I didn't noticed the two women behind the wall and when I started photographing the old house they suddenly appeared and told me not to. So I walked away to avoid any problem.

Photographing men and boys are totally safe, so be careful in taking photos when women are around.

• Photography

• travelife's Profile Photo

Stray dogs in the desert

by travelife Updated Jun 11, 2005

web-pic

While on the safari by 4WD we found two stray dogs (perhaps abandoned) were running after us. Keeping that in mind some of the girls in group scared off seeing animal feet on the sand (!).

• travelife's Profile Photo

Sun glass

by travelife Written Jun 11, 2005

web-pic

In January, the temperature is not that bad but still a sun-hat and sun glass is necessary. The glass protects your eyes from sand wind occurs occasionally.

Instant Answers: Siwa

Comments

Siwa Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Siwa warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siwa sightseeing.