Muhafazat Matruh Travel Guide

watching the sunset
    by June.b
    view of the town at night
    by June.b
    view during dusk from rooftop cafe
Map of Muhafazat Matruh

0,21,0

Siwa

• Cigarrettes

Siwa Shopping

This isn't a shopping tip in Siwa but a shopping tip before heading to Siwa. If you're a smoker had a specific brand preference, buy enough supplies in Cairo or Alexandria or anywhere you're coming from where there's availability of foreign brands. Most or maybe all stores in Siwa central town don't sell cigarrettes, I found that out when I ran out...

• Adrere Amellal: Desert Ecolodge

Siwa Hotels

If you ever want to leave this world - at least for a little while - then Adrere Adellal is the...

• Photography

Siwa Warnings and Dangers

Siwa is a conservative town compared to most cities in Egypt. You can photograph the sights and most things but not the women and the female children. I know the restriction on women but not the children so when a group of female children probably 9m - 12 years olds going to school passed by infront of a photo subject, they all said "NO" in chorus....

Marsa Matruh

• Bus

Marsa Matruh Transportation

No matter where you are coming from, Cairo or Alexandria, you have to pass through Marsa Matruh. Direct buses from Alexandria stop here for 30-40 min. on the way to Siwa and 'refill' the seats. This is the nearest big town near Siwa.

• Taxi Stories

Marsa Matruh Transportation

I am coming from Siwa and arrived here and found out that I am in shortage of 16 ELB to buy a ticket to Cairo. It happened perhaps dur to the high cost of desert safari I was ended up at paying. Since the local time 15,00 I was a little unsure if there would be any bank open. I tried to encash few dollars at a shopkeeper and asked if I can change...

• Take Our Photo

Marsa Matruh Local Customs

When I am done with my changing dollars all I wanted to do to take a taxi back to the bus statuion as soon as possible not to miss the last bus to Cairo and also to leave this place. They asked me take our photo. I did showed them their smiling faces and walked off soon.

Top Muhafazat Matruh Hotels

Siwa Hotels
119 Reviews - 355 Photos

Instant Answers: Muhafazat Matruh

Comments

Muhafazat Matruh

Plan a Muhafazat Matruh vacation with reviews, tips and photos posted by real travelers and Muhafazat Matruh locals

Popular Destinations in Muhafazat Matruh