Luxor Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Luxor

• catkin's Profile Photo

Karnak temple: Son et lumiere

by catkin Written Jul 1, 2004

We went to a son et lumiere (sound and light) show at Karnak temple. I have to say after paying our £14 we were all disappointed and very bored with it all. I think I expected more from the show-perhaps I was imagining the Jean Michel Jarre concert in the London docklands I don’t know but this sound and light show was nothing like it!
    The narrative which I lost track of very quickly was accompanied by parts of the temple being illuminated by white or the odd coloured light-there were no moving images or lasers to be seen anywhere. The music that was played during the performance didn’t sound remotely Egyptian- again I think I imagined Aida or Nabucco.
    As one part of the narrative is over everyone moves en mass to the next point where another part of the narrative begins. The last 45 minutes were sat on some seats overlooking the sacred lake while the music, disjointed narrative and lights continued-the lights in the sky from the crescent moon, stars and planets were far more interesting

• harmlessphil's Profile Photo

Nice place for a beer

by harmlessphil Written Apr 15, 2004

Opposite the Luxor temple on the corniche walkway below road level is the metropolitan cafe/bar. Cool air from the nile makes this pleasent day and evening and you avoid the seedy side of bar life in Luxor. Not cheap about E£12 a bottle of domestic.
    Locals hang out and drink here.

• BerniShand's Profile Photo

SOUND AND LIGHT SHOW, KARNAK TEMPLE

by BerniShand Updated Nov 9, 2003

Its not the best sound and light show in Egypt but is still a great experience, and if you are only there for a Nile cruise it`s the most accessable. Definately worth a visit

Dress Code: cover up to keep the mozzies at bay, but it will still be warm. A small torch is handy to help keep your footing.

the picture is the ticket from the show at Abu Simbol, and will be replaced when I can find the Karnak one !

• Diana75's Profile Photo

Luxor Bazaar evening walk

by Diana75 Written Nov 4, 2005

Luxor Bazaar scene

It's more interesting than a disco or a nightclub if you want to feel the pulse of the city's real life.
    And you can also buy some cheap souvenirs.

• catkin's Profile Photo

M/S Nile Sovereign: Evening entertainment

by catkin Written May 26, 2004

Gary and Jon dressed for action

Most evenings there was some sort of entertainment on our boat-in fact we became the entertainment on several occasions!

Instant Answers: Luxor

Comments

Luxor Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Luxor nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Luxor sightseeing.