Luxor Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by June.b

Most Recent Restaurants in Luxor

• RavensWing's Profile Photo

McDonalds: Ronald McDonald Here?

by RavensWing Written Oct 19, 2013
    Me and Ronnie!

Well I was surprised to see McDonalds in Egypt but I really shouldn't have been. When you walk into McDonalds in Luxor Egypt it's just like walking into any other McDonalds in North America.

I ordered a Quarter Pounder Meal like I usually do only to realize --- their beef tastes quite different from Alberta beef. So I know not to order that meal again. I should have chose the Chicken Nugget meal instead.

• Alif leyl wa leyl: Interesting spot for coffee

by jetsetter45 Written Sep 28, 2013

Unusual coffee shop on television street in luxor, cobbled sort of entrance watch you don't slip as it`s usually hosed down, Inside is an open air courtyard with several different seated areas, there is a tree in the middle of the courtyard, also there are resident doves wandering around.
    I didn`t eat here so can`t advise about the culinary delights but locals and tourists did partake and seemed to enjoy.
    I went in for coffee and it was a good spot to people watch, mixed crowd of tourists and locals, people enjoying shisha, food & beverage, I went back a few times, there wasn`t much entertainment in Luxor due to a drop in tourism after the revolution, all the pubs/ bars were closed, this was one of the more lively venues. I don`t really like Luxor that much, it can be a little intimidating and mad, but if you have a flight the next day it is ok for an evening. Luxor is what you make it, have no great expectations so anything positive is a bonus.

Favorite Dish: The Turkish coffee was good brewed with green cardamom. I did not eat anything here.

• June.b's Profile Photo

El Sahabi Lane Restaurant & Aladin Cafe: Good food, good vibe, nice atmosphere.

by June.b Updated Jun 22, 2011

The El Sahabi Lane Restaurant is located infront of the Nefertiti Hotel along the 30-meter or so street or lane named after the restaurant (or the resto's name was derived from the street name?). Opposite the Luxor Temple and beside the Franciscan Church.

And since I was staying at the Nefertiti Hotel, I tried dining one late afternoon, I ordered the chicken curry, a small bowl of lentil soup with some bread. The chicken curry is delicious, with some pieces of vegetables, and it's not actually expensive, I think my meals were around EGP35 or so.

There are several tables chairs, smooth arabic music at night, crawling plants on the wall. Right at the end of the lane few steps is the beginning of the Souk (market). Must be crowded during the night, but early there are only few people. It's the view on my room at the hotel.

Good food, good staff, nice ambience..... you have to try it when you're in Luxor.

Arguably, the oldest restaurant in Luxor (since 1930), El Sahabi Lane resto is owned by Nefertiti Hotel.

Favorite Dish: chicken curry

• June.b's Profile Photo

Snack Time: Local fastfood chain, clean and delicious food

by June.b Written Jun 21, 2011

Snack Time is located almost beside the McDonalds in Luxor and opposite the town square. I took my meals here several times. They really have a lot of set meals or snack to choose from and very affordable. The first time I ate there I find the slices of beef delicious, comes with rice + fries + bread + salad + drinks, I think cost around EGP30. I also tasted their burger, fish fillet and some other stuff I forgot.

They have paninis, baguettes, pizza, sandwiches, cheesy fondue sticks, meals with rice served in a nice white plate and cutlery, milkshakes, icecream, hot and cold bev.

A plus -- the wifi is working great, just get the wep key from the counter.

Delicious food with a local flare, I chose this fastfood chain over McDo, friendly staff too. There are about 2 or 3 tables and chairs on the ground floor where the counter is, the 2nd and 3rd floors have several dining areas and for smokers about 4 tables on the terrace overlooking the Luxor Temple, the Nile river and the activities down the streets below.

Set meals ranged from EGP15 - 35.

Favorite Dish: I forgot the name of the meal but it has slices of beef with rice -- tasty food. (see photo)

• JJ's Bar & Restaurant: The bad influence bar

by beerfly Updated Apr 23, 2011

What a find and well worth the trip into Karnak. Down a side street next to the Hilton Hotel but well sign posted, JJ's bar lives up to it's local nick name of The bad influence bar.I heard so much about the place in Luxor that I thought I would be disappointed when I found it. Not a chance, Lovely owners, great food and then there is the music. Will visit again when next in Luxor.

Favorite Dish: Jules sweet and sour balti. her own dish and what a jem.

• Wine Tasting
    • Business Travel
    • Motorcycle

• aqazi's Profile Photo

The Kings Head: A break from the regular fare...

by aqazi Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you fancy sunday lunch then they do a mean one here togehter with their own take in yorkshire puddings. Food was so good we came back again but the bangers and mash wasn't all that. Nice place to get away from the bussle.

• Trains

• Smileys (Near Meridian Hotel): Great food, friendly staff and very reasonable!

by cassieque Updated Apr 4, 2011

part of the fun...!

During our weeks stay we ate in many places but kept returning to Smileys. The staff were warm and welcoming and made us feel very special. The restaraunt is clean and the decor fresh. The bars stocks local and European labels so everyone in our party was pleased. Many of the restaraunts in Luxor are not licensed... we like a glass or two with a meal so we wanted a licensed place. We tried many local dishes on the managers recommendation but also had pizzas and more tame dishes (kids will be kids!). I tried the duck and had to go back later in the week for another taste! The steak and the kebabs were all excellent. We talked to the staff and got some great tips for places to visit for our stay. Next door is Murphys which made a great retreat for our teenagers, whilst we finished our meal in peace they played pool next door. Last but not least we were shown the kitchens whilst making coffees, absolutely spotless!! That says enough for me!

Favorite Dish: The duck was my favourite dish, it came with a beautiful rich orangey sauce.. but my husband enjoyed the steaks and the kebabs. I cant think that we had anything that we didnt enjoy... the coffees laced with Tia Maria were wonderful. The staff were wonderful and will do a variation on anything if you just ask, always a plus with kids.

• MM212's Profile Photo

Oasis Café: Reliving the colonial past...

by MM212 Updated Nov 3, 2010

Colonial building where Oasis Caf�� is located

Recommended by the Lonely Planet travel guide, the Oasis Café was no disappointment. Located on the ground floor of a 1920's colonial-style building, this restaurant feels more like an apartment from that era. Its beautiful decor - high ceilings, tiled floors, chandeliers and antique furniture - makes dining here even more unique for Luxor. The food is quite delicious and is a mix of local kebabs and continental dishes. Luckily, the restaurant has escaped mass tourist groups, so dining here is most enjoyable on so many levels. Oasis Café is definitely a diamond in the rough that Luxor dining tends to be. The restaurant is conveniently located in the centre of town, north of the tourist souk and the Luxor Temple.

• Architecture

• Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo

King Tut: Bargain basement

by Andrew_W_K Written Jun 20, 2010

King Tut restaurant is downstairs in a basement that doesn't sound too promising. Once you enter the restaurant though you will be surprised the the size of the room and the light airy decor.
    The restuarant is run by Tallet and Nassar and they offer a reasonable selection of freshly cooked food of an international variety. When I asked why there was no Egyptian food on the menu they said to give them a days notice and they'd make some - so I did and it was excellent.
    The staff are very friendly and the food varies between okay and excellent depending on what you order.
    Like many restaurants in Luxor they don't keep a stock of alcohol but will send out for it if you ask.

Favorite Dish: My daughter said the lamb was the best meal she had in Luxor.

• Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo

Castello: Good Italian food at a low price

by Andrew_W_K Written Jun 20, 2010

Castello is a small restaurant with about 7 tables so you may need to book in high season. The food is excellent serving a selection of Italian, Egyptian and International dishes. If it isn't on the menu they will make it for you within reason.
    The choice of drinks is limited because they don't keep a stock of alcohol on the premises although they will send out for anything you want.
    They are not the fastest in the world either so make sure you are not in a hurry.

Favorite Dish: The vegetarian pizza was fantastic.

• stevemt's Profile Photo

Maxims: Fantastic Steak

by stevemt Written Apr 28, 2010

Wonderful restaurant, spotless inside and air conditioned.

Food is great, cheap, and a varied menu

NO BOOZE served though

Filet Steak with either pepper or rosemary sauce with veg and either rice or chips = 42EL = $8AUS
    Can't beat that for value

Favorite Dish: Filet Steak

• stevemt's Profile Photo

Sinbad's: Very pleasant place for a drink/to eat

by stevemt Written Apr 27, 2010

Sinbad's is an outdoor restaurant that has a very pleasant ambiance, pleasant staff and the food is not too bad either.

NB Beware of the touts that have stalls at the restaurant, they will try to sell you anything.

• TheAndos's Profile Photo

Sofra: Don't miss this cafe

by TheAndos Written Apr 25, 2010

Lovely cafe upstairs. Great ambience with old furniture and decor. Friendly service. A bit out of the main town but well worth it - we went there both days we were in Luxor.

Favorite Dish: We tried the mezze - don't miss the felafel. But all wonderful.

• stewarth99's Profile Photo

The African Gardens: All change at the Africa, 2 review for the price 1

by stewarth99 Written Feb 1, 2010

The Africa Restaurant

I hope I'm going to make myself clear - its difficult.
    The Africa restaurant has moved after a management disagreement.
    What was the Africa restaurant is now called the African Gardens Restaurant.
    The Africa restaurant is now just round the corner up on the main road.
    The African Gardens has a good menu with lots of fresh local foods and ingredients. Just a pity that the standards have fallen. The gents toilet seats are only loosely connected to the toilets, sit with care. The door lock on the toilet I used was loosely held on with a couple of very long nails and needs to used with care. There are only handwash basins in the ladies, the gents have to make do with 3 sets of taps with a marble shelf underneath them - no sinks.
    The Africa restaurant, just round the corner, has maintained the old standards.

Favorite Dish: Both places serve good authentic Egyptian food.
    Check out the deep fried aubergines, oriental salad, tahina and baba ganough.

• Study Abroad

• snobs restaurant: a must 5*restaurant in luxor

by marcroft Written Jan 23, 2010

returned january 2009.snobs is the only 5*restaurant in luxor.on being seated you will get a cold towel 2 refreash you with.the menu serves english @egyption food wich is 2 the highest standards.english people would expect.moaman the cheif is there 2 please. he will cook all meals 2 your own taste. presentaion is 1st class.when visiting luxor snobs is a must.

Favorite Dish: my husbands favorite meal is tomato soup.mixed grill. & if he can manage strawberries& ice cream presented like you will never have seen it amazing. my favorite is many choices from liver &onion. chicken filled with cheese &mushrooms 4 veg &mash.

Instant Answers: Luxor

Comments

Luxor Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Luxor restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Luxor sightseeing.