Camel Rides, Hurghada

My son on the camel Oscar
  • The camel keeper, Kevin (my boy) and Oscar
    The camel keeper, Kevin (my boy) and...
    The beach tour
  • gugi66's Profile Photo

Camel backriding by the beach

by gugi66 Written Feb 6, 2010

My son on the camel Oscar

If you haven´t tryed it do it, the camel keeper came to us when we were on the beach and having fun. A ride takes about 15 minutes and we payed 100 Egyptian Pounds thats about 14€, we could have negotiated the price down but I thought it was a fair price. My son 2,5 years old took the ride 5 times ( almost 1 every day) he really enjoyed it.

DONT MISS MY VIDEOS OF THE CAMEL BACKRIDE BY THE BEACH

• Photography

• Beograd's Profile Photo

Like I was born on a camel

by Beograd Updated Jan 29, 2007

Riding a camil

I rode a camil for the first time there and loved it. To be honest, I can't remember a thing about Egypt I didn't like :-) Many people hated riding a camil, but all you have to do is follow instructions on what to do once it starts rising. And relax!

I know, I know! I look like a common tourist, but I don't care :-)

• Desert
    • Safari

• Wafro's Profile Photo

Camel ride

by Wafro Updated Jan 17, 2006

I think many of the hotels have their own camel to take you out for a ride.
    When you say the camel is too big or too high, they will find you a donkey and even when these are too high for you....
    They'll find you a dog or a chicken to ride on!
    There is no business like tourist business.
    You'll pay a few E.L. for a ride, but always negotiate for a reasonable price.

• viddra's Profile Photo

Camel Ride

by viddra Written Jun 5, 2005

on the camel

This was the 1st time I ever rode a camel and I have to say it was a really amazing experience. I wish it lasted longer!
    Just 1 advice - lean forwards when the camel gets up or down to escape the possible but unnecessary pain when hitting your back against the wooden saddle!

• Kushelkitten's Profile Photo

Camel Ride

by Kushelkitten Written Apr 16, 2005

Bedouin with his camel

Can you really go to Egypt without riding a camel? Probably not. It is a lot of fun although a bit unnerving as they sit back down so you can get off.

Where can you ride a camel? There are chances all over the place. Many hotels have people offering camel rides on the grounds. You can take a camel ride while visiting the bedouins in the area, as part of a desert safari, or near some of famous sights of the country.

You should also be warned that not all camel owers are honest. Some of the camel owners will tell you that it is (for example) 5 Egyptian pounds to ride the camel and then when your ride is over attempt to charge you 5 more to let you off.

• Adventure Travel
    • Archeology
    • Safari

• hanspeter_W.'s Profile Photo

camelride

by hanspeter_W. Written Aug 25, 2002

camelride in hurghada

TAKE AN EXCURSION TO THE DESERT..MOSTLY PACKED AS JEEP-SAFARI TOUR WITH CAMEL RIDE AND VISIT OF BEDOUIN VILLAGE

Instant Answers: Hurghada