Safari, Hurghada

• mikijune's Profile Photo

Safari, l will never forget you!

by mikijune Written Aug 21, 2012

My very first time when making safari and it felt great.. The sand, the heat, my dry mouth just couldn't turn this out into a bad experience, but all contrary: it was fantastic. The only thing i regret about that journey is that i haven't taken the safari from the night time which would have been wonderful, i'm already convinced. The one from the day time it was great, thanks to.. the guide, who was really different from everybody i met there - meaning he was nice, funny, helpful and he was speaking a clean English (thing that didn't occur too often there). i'm very grateful because he took care of us in a special way, not asking for tips as anyone else there and his special care made us feel comfortable and safe in the middle of the desert. l feel soo but soo sorry because l don't think i remember his name - in fact l think that it was Mizoo - to thank him a lot for being as he was: great! So, everybody here, desert safari is enjoyable, you could feel the real East African lifestyle by driving among the desert mountains, under the powerful sun, having nothing in your mind but just joy and the image of a cold steamed bottle of water. Riding the camels (in fact dromedaries) in the Bedouin village was awesome for me, as l never did that before.. The Bedouin women who were leading us were really nice and somehow beautiful, they were nothing to do with the Egyptian people from the Pyramids of Giza. All in all, was wonderful, i'm longing to repeat this experience as soon as possible and i regret the fact that i didn't go at night to smoke some shisha and to gaze at falling stars in the desert. But maybe, someday.. will happen

• Hiking and Walking

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Amusement Park

by croisbeauty Updated Apr 5, 2012

The amusement park

The amusement park is situated in the outskirts of Hurghada, it takes about 45 minutes by 4x4 wheels to get there. The space is never a problem in Africa, especially if in the desert area, and the park is really huge. The whole day fun, including dinner at the end, have cost 100 euros pro person. But it is usual price for the tourists in whole of Africa. Africans think that all tourists who visiting them are loaded with money and should pay any price they asking.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Amusement Park - thrown money

by croisbeauty Written Aug 13, 2011

Safari is word of swahili origins and it actually means "long journey", traditionally the term is used for a big-game hunt. This term is misused nowadays because every trip to Africa and around there is called safari. Fact is, safari is a trip taken to observe and photograph animals and other wildlife.
    There is so-called safari park in the outskirts of Hurgada, constructed there for one purpose only, to take money from the tourists and visitors. If you pay 100 euros they will take you to some fake village where just a few fake beduins could be seen.

• vesna04's Profile Photo

Jeep Safari and Bedouin Village

by vesna04 Written Sep 4, 2007

It is fun. The drive throughout the desert is amusing as the drivers often choose to drive up and down the rocky hills which generates some screams of the enjoyment. On your way you will stop to se fatarmogana ( for me the highlight of the trip ) than once again, to climb the sandy dune.
    After you arrive in the village the beduin will meat you with cup of tea, than you can ride the camel, watch the women making the bread, buy the souvenirs (avoid that) , watch the sunset over desert (great)....
    After you finish with the sightseeing, you will have the diner, Bedouin’s dance and sing show is the next.
    On the return you will stop to watch the stars on the sky over desert.

Before you decide to take my advice about this excursion, please read about it in my tourist trap tip.

Making a documentary

Just hangin'

We had a guy, Mohammed, that taped every second of safari. It was amazing watching him hanging out from the jeep. I must say, that he was charming and while discussing of selling all the women from the group to the bedouin that keeps a "shop" in the village, he refused to sell me for 300 camels but Mohammed wanted to keep me for himself. I even got a "parfume" from him. It's a creme that smells like.... something, don't know what...I didn't know if I should be honnoured or scared... I don't mean just the parfume thing!

We took the CD from safari, but when we tried to open it, it was impossible. So, after two months we are still trieing to find a program that could be asociated with it :-)

I guess you can't have everything :-)

• Beograd's Profile Photo

And nothing means nothing :-)

DESERT

I liked safari very much. It was the first time that I actually saw the desert. Sure, Hurghada is in desert, but this is when you stand in the middle of nowhere. In a distance you see something and for a moment you think it's a lake, but than you realise that there is no such thing in this place. It's just your imagination playing with you. It's a shame that a camera can't capture that...

The two of us were amased with this sight. As far as you can see it's just sand and heat. This safari was the first place where I realized that "silence" is my favorite "sound". I am not very fond of loud and crowded places anymore. I guess that comes with age...

SAFARI

Shiny Happy People

When I say SAFARI, the first thing that comes to my mind is Nigeria, giraffes, elephants and killing all those inocent animals. Well, safari in Egypt is totaly different.

It is something that you shouldn't miss. Imagine going to a desert.... Nothing but, well NOTHING.... That's why it's called a desert ( this was very clever statement :-)

My group was an experimental for our guide, and he took only 10 of us. He was supposed to pick us at 10 am and came at almost 11am. I think that you can see how pissed we were while waiting for him.

• viddra's Profile Photo

Fatamorgana

by viddra Written Jun 4, 2005

Fatamorgana

Water where there isn't any - this is what you'll experience on a hot day with no winds! And that's what we saw 1st when we went on our jeep safari. If you enlarge the picture hopefully you'll see what I'm taking about right above my head!

• Moto saffari into the dessert

by nissem Written Mar 1, 2005

The motor saffaris trough the dessert to a Beduin village was really nice. It was fun going on the fourwheeled motorcykles (beware that you have to have your head and face covered with something!) and the visit to the Beduin village was really interessting. It's impressive how they manage to survive in the dessert!
    The trip ended with a beautiful sunset before heading back home. Everything was taped and you could by the film on VHS or VCD. The quality was not really good and some anoying music was put onto it but it's kind of fun to have anyway.

• Quad Safari

by TitAnik Updated Jul 27, 2004

Went for miles through the desert on quad bike, to the foot of the Red Sea Mountains. Had a Camel ride, saw the Bedouin camp, went to watch the sunset up a hillside, had a BBQ and then came back in the darkness and dust ! A wonderful experience !

• belgrade03's Profile Photo

Safari

by belgrade03 Written Mar 16, 2004

Safari in the desert

Safari is another great thing I would recommend while in Hurghada. Hurghada is practically in the desert and you will experience driving over dunes in jeeps, with several stops in the desert. And the highlight of the day would be the visit to a bedduins’ village. I found it breathtaking to see how these people live in the desert, totally out of civilisation, without electricity, with only one well with some sandy water… There are several “houses”, you’ll see women making “bread”, and you’ll have a chance to ride camels and enjoy a beautiful sunset in the desert. On your way back to Hurghada, you’ll be able to almost touch the sky full of stars since they say the sky is the closest to the earth in the desert because it’s darkness everywhere.

• viddra's Profile Photo

Jeep Safari

by viddra Written Jun 4, 2005

Walk like an Egyptian

A wild jeep drive, visit to a Bedouin village, camel ride, watching the sunset in the desert and the candle-light dance can be an exciting and unforgetable experience.

Instant Answers: Hurghada