Scuba Diving, Hurghada

• Scuba Diving
    by camelweed
    dance with the boys.
    by Vikingwoman
  • Family scuba diving vacation in Hurghada :)

by jorge.alvarez Written Mar 9, 2012

Scuba diving is an activity for your whole family and you can have a lot of fun under the water also :) Do an adventure and make new memories which you and your children will never forget!

My family (wife & 2 daughters: 13 years, 16 years) and me were diving with New Son Bijou Diving Center in Hurghada(www.newsonbijou.com) for 8 days, it was incredible. At the end of vacation we flew home with 3 new Open Water certificates & 1 Advance certificate :) I'm very happy, because the whole family is now diving and we are having great time also under the water. If you want amazing & safe diving, personal approach, good diving gear and don't like crowded big diving companies go to family diving center New Son Bijou which we highly recommend!
    For my wife this was her first time diving, she was very scared, but when she did Introduction dive with Ahmed, fears disappeared. Ahmed was very patient with my wife, he took a lot of time for her, so my wife felt very safe and comfortable in the water. After Introduction dive with Ahmed she decided to do also Open water course together with our daughters - new chicken divers. The course was done only for my family, private lesions for no extra cost! I did my Advance course with them and we did some fantastic deep dives. We were all very happy with this diving center, they are professional, well organised and offer the best service. Instructors, guides, boat crew were very friendly and helpful. Conclusion: Highly Recommended!
    Since this was our first trip to Hurghada Ahmed helped us with tips for entertainment, good restaurants, shopping of course (a wife and 2 teenagers :), trip to the dessert, etc. Ahmed made very good offers and we saved a lot of money, because prices of trips in hotel are crazy. We also did a private tour to Luxor and was excellent. They really looked after any small detail and the whole trip was superb, from transfer to guide to hotel. Unfortunately, we run out of time for Cairo, because all family got addicted to diving :) We are already saving money for our next diving trip to Hurghada and go diving with this wonderful diving center who cater for whole family!
    If you want unforgetable diving vacation contact them www.newsonbijou.com

• fonden's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving

by fonden Updated Apr 4, 2011

coral

Hurghada is idealistic for scuba diving, since the water is so clear and the are so many different kinds of fish, plants and corals.

I never tried to scuba dive myself but I was recommended by friends to go to Colona Dive Center. If you're gonna go a dive with them they'll pick you up at your hotel.

Check out their website for loads of more information.

• Eco-Tourism

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Diving in the Red Sea

by Sambawalk Updated Apr 4, 2011

When in Hurghada, I dived with New Dino Diving Centre, it charges US$50 for 2 boat dives with lunch. Later I managed to bargain to US$45. (May 2006). The price is reasonable with lunch. The dive site was EL Fanadir south and north. The reef was on one side and water visibility was about 25m. Since the water temperature was about 22C, it was the first time for me to put on 2 piecesof wet suit. It was interesting. Between the dives, all people rested on the boat to enjoy the se breezes. See more pics.

• Nada_S's Profile Photo

underwater world

by Nada_S Written Jul 25, 2010

ray in Sharm Elnaga

- diving/ scuba diving in Sharm Elnaga, integral nature reserve 25km away from Hurghada, good for beginners because start from the beach
    - dolphins tour, nearly whole day boat trip, stop at several reefs for scuba diving, with luck seeing and swimming with dolphins. not for beginners

• gaj86's Profile Photo

Diving

by gaj86 Written Aug 14, 2008

My boyfriend mainly came to Hurghada for the "amazing" Red Sea diving. As I said in my last tip - too many tourists have destroyed the marine life here. Either that or the tour operators just take you to any old place to get it over with.
    I had never dived before, and decided to do an Intro Dive with a company called Black Shark (booked through the Dive Stop... who, by the way, is run by lovely people but Sherif is useless and will probably forget to pick you up on the day of your dive). I had a very brief run-down of how to clear my mask, breathe through my regulator and equalise, which I would have been very confused about had my boyfriend not explained this to me before. After waiting ages for my turn, I was thrown into the sea and led around by the hand by an instructor who seemed to ignore my pleas that my ears were not equalising properly (it really hurt!). Not a good first experience of diving, I was left dreading my next one. We went with a different company a couple of days later, Piano divers, which we booked through our hotel! My intro with these guys was only slightly more in-depth, with the actual instructor making no efforts to hide his impatience with learners. They tried to make me dive with a broken BCD, and basically just took me around the boat and back. I also had to wait about 2 hours, while all the qualified divers and the more pushy beginners had their turn. You could see a lot of fish on the surface of the water, but it still wasn't as amazing as the Red Sea is supposed to be. If it's your first time diving, try getting experience somewhere else before you come here.

• camelweed's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving

by camelweed Written Apr 14, 2008

If you find yourself in Hurghada, then take a day trip scuba diving or snorkeling, then I can highly recommend these guys. Blue paradise Bart and his team will make you feel relax and have a great day

• tomerik's Profile Photo

Go diving in the Red sea!!

by tomerik Updated Jan 27, 2008

This was really the best excursion we did while staying in Hurghada. This was an all day trip by boat to different locations where one could swim around and go scuba diving.
    The colours and the water was absolutely fantastic and is probably something you will not see many other places in the world. The boat made several stops for the travelers to have a great time swimming in the ocean among the many different and colourful small fishes.

• gugi66's Profile Photo

SUBMARINE IN THE RED SEA

by gugi66 Updated Oct 12, 2007

ON OUR WAY TO THE SUBMARINE

THERE IS A LOT OF STUFF TO DO IN EGYPT, IF YOU DONT WANT TO LOOK AT OLD PYRAMIDES AND MUMIES YOU CAN SCUBA DIVING IN THE RED SEA, SUBMARINE (20 METERS BELOW), 4 WHEEL IN THE DESERT (THE BEST WHIT MY HOLE TRIP, BETTER THAN THE PYRAMIDES OF GIZA). THIS IS JUST A FEW THINGS TO DO.

• adonai_2012's Profile Photo

DIVING

by adonai_2012 Updated Sep 14, 2007

Diving, snorkling at least!

Some of the possibilities:
    -introductory dive (u go 6m deep 2 times in a day-no licence)
    -scuba licence - 2days, some 230EUR
    -open water licence-3 to 4 days, around 350EUR

DO NOT MISS IT!

• Water Sports

• betako3's Profile Photo

Diving in February

by betako3 Updated Aug 26, 2007

Swimming and diving in February is an option but only for the die-hard divers, or those who don't mind the cold (I do!). I tried once, on the way to Giftun Island. I spent some 15 minutes in water and it was more or less ok, but once I came back on board I got so cold because of that awful wind that I couldn't stop shaking for about 30 minutes. I'm serious! I couldn't hold a cup or a plate when they served lunch on board!

• abriline's Profile Photo

Sailing and Scuba diving

by abriline Written Jan 12, 2007

I have done this many times in differents places around the world but definitly, It was one of the best places where I did it.
    The visibility is incredible, you will be able to see great variety of fishes and subacuatic plants, and spend a beautiful day on board.
    I had a wonderful time !
    Take care and bring with you warm close because the water is cold and after diving, you´ll need to get warm.

• Fishing
    • Safari

• Laylaa's Profile Photo

Diving in Red Sea

by Laylaa Written Dec 5, 2006

Red Sea is a paradise for those who are not afraid o look for its misteries under the water.
    With over 1000 species of animals and aroun 200 different kinds of coral Red Sea is the Mekka for many divers all around the globe. Turtles, rays, stonefishes... even sharks wait to be discovered here:-) Be aware of jellyfishes and never try to touch stonefish!!!
    And enjoy the underwater paradise!!!

• Photography

• Scuba Diving

by felix34 Written Oct 14, 2006

Diving

The Red Sea is fantastic and Hurghada offers actually quite ok diving, better than the reputation! We spent a week relaxing in Hurghada and dived for 5 days with a small diving center called Prince Diving in El Dahar. We had a really great time! First day we snorkelled with 8 dolphins, the second day we saw 2 hugh sea turtles and the tird day the biggest eagle ray I ever seen. Not bad. I have heared people say that the corals are damaged, but at least the places we vistited was in good shape. My favorite place must have been Shaab El Erg, nice corals and my first time in the water with dolphins.

• Water Sports

• Aurorae's Profile Photo

Giftun island

by Aurorae Written Jun 13, 2006

Giftun island by Jelena

Do not miss Giftun island! There is excellent scuba diving and snorkeling, amazing beaches and surreal scenery! The desert arises from turquoise & aquamarine waters, the sea is warm and crystal clear, submarine life is amazing... It's a pure paradise!

• Oana_bic's Profile Photo

Sailing and diving!

by Oana_bic Written Mar 29, 2006

Spent quite a while sailing in Egypt probably February its not the ideal month as it could get very windy and bumpy...nevertheless we had some awesome moments spotting dolphins or just gazing at the turqoise waters which sometimes looked like a giant swimming pool...

• Sailing and Boating