Getting Around Hurghada

Most Viewed Transportation in Hurghada

• betako3's Profile Photo

Tarnow - Hurghada by train and plane

by betako3 Written Jun 1, 2008

I arrived in Hurghada by plane from Warsaw, Poland. The flight wasn't very long, about 4 hours, but when I arrived at the hotel I was dead tired. It was because the flight was only the last episode of the journey that for me started about 24 hour earlier in Tarnów, my hometown. First I took a train to Kraków, where I was meeting my travel companions. Next an overnight train to Warsaw, and the first mishap - we spent about 3 hours waiting at the railway station because we had been given wrong departure time. Mind you, it was exceptionally cold winter in Poland - minus 30 degrees Celcius in the morning of our arrival in Warsaw, so sitting at the station in the middle of the night, with the smells of homeless people who were trying to get some sleep there was no fun at all. What's worse I was suffering from some nasty infection, taking the second round of antibiotics which didn't seem to make much difference apart from increasing stomach problems. The train was not much of a relief, I couldn't sleep, I had a splitting headache, I couldn't breathe because my nose was completely blocked... A nightmare. We reached Warsaw at dawn, and that sleepy, frosty morning with its crispy icy air was the first thing that cheered me up a little. We found the right bus stop for the airport and soon we were sipping coffee in the departure lounge waiting for a few more hours for our flight, the first ever I was about to take.
    The flight was unforgettable, I spent it glued to the window, my cheeks glowing both due to the excitement and the heat. And probably fever as well. Strange how things change with time, no other flight gave me so much pleasure and soon I came to regard flying as a tiring, necessary experience which you have to go through if you want to go somewhere interesting.
    When we landed in Hurghada the heat struck us - it was midday and there was about 50 degrees of difference in the temperature between Hurghada and Poland, which we had left just a few hours before. When we checked in at out hotel I went straight to bed. I slept through the whole afternoon and my friends only managed to wake me up in the morning. There was no sigh of infection left :)

• WStat's Profile Photo

Luxor-Excursion from Hurghada

by WStat Written Mar 26, 2008

Hi,

The distance Hurghada-Luxor is about 290 kms (one way) on a beautiful, but not very busy desert-highway.Due to security reasons tourist-buses are usually accompanied by a police-car.
    I would recommend to take the official day-tour, as renting a car is difficult, much costlier and less safe !

Enjoy Egypt and Diving, have a safe trip!

• Beaches

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Moscow-Hurghada-Moscow

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Jul 28, 2007

You can see my Flight Moscow-Hurghada VIDEO with Colin Mutchler music from my personal YouTube channel. After opening the VIDEO please press the right bottom button on the screen for expansion of the image in all screen.

While choosing a tour to Egypt I have taken advantage of a low season and opportunities of two airlines. Usually tourist operators offer air tickets to Hurghada by one airline. It helps to receive the discount at purchase of return tickets. Usually standard tours have duration of 8 days and 7 nights (plus additional one or two weeks if you want).

My tour was a practically completely excursion tour. Therefore it was important for me I could have a rest on the sea even one and a half or two days. For this reason I have chosen early morning Saturday flight to Hurghada by "Transaero" airline and returning to Moscow late Sunday flight by "Atlant-Souyz" airline. Therefore my tour was prolonged 9 days and 8 nights (including only 5 working days and 4 target days).

I don't know the price of my air tickets because I bought a complex tour with all transfers. But I think two-way ticket coasted about $350. I flied to Hurghada by "Boeing-747" and came back Moscow by "Iljushin-86". It took me 4 hours one way flight. There weren’t any delay. We arrived to Hurghada and Moscow just according to the schedule.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Hurghada to Aswan

by MalenaN Written May 4, 2007

My travel companion and I went straight from the ferry to the bus station in Hurghada to buy tickets for the night bus to Aswan. We were told we could buy the tickets on board when the bus arrived. But it was a Thursday night and the bus was already full when it arrived at the bus station. A lot of people tried to get on and my friend kindly asked the bus driver to let us on board. He said yes and I quickly got the bags in the luggage compartment before anyone changed their mind. We were not the only passengers who were without seats and we had a journey of nine hours ahead of us. In the back there were mostly women sitting so we sat on the floor there. Later, when the light was turned off we tried to sleep on the very dirty floor. We were not the only persons trying to sleep on the floor, but I guess it was not often tourists were seen doing that. On the way we stopped two times for tea and once when the bus broke down. Not until it was a couple of hours left I got a seat.

It was a very uncomfortable trip, but a very memorable one and for that I enjoyed it.

The ticket was 45 pounds (July 2005).

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Sharm el Sheikh

by MalenaN Written May 4, 2007

There is a high-speed ferry a few times a week going from Sharm el Sheik to Hurghada. It is supposed to take 1,5 hour, but when I went with it took 3 hours. The sites on board are comfortable and there is a small snack bar selling coffee (6 pounds) and tea, coke, crisps and sandwiches. If you feel seasick you better sit in the middle in the middle. The ferry leaves Sharm at 6 pm. You will need your passport. A ticket was 250 pounds (July 2005).

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Hurghada International Airport

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Apr 30, 2007

This airport is one three main air Egypt gates (besides Cairo and Sham el-Sheikh). There are local airports in Abu Simbel, Alexandria, Aswan, Luxor. But the most of tourists usually arrive to Cairo, Hurghada and Sham el-Sheikh.

30 year ago the airport of Hurghada had only military value. Now it’s quite modern and equipped with tourist facilities place.

AirBaltic (Riga), Air Berlin (Berlin-Schönefeld, Berlin-Tegel, Cologne, Dresden, Dusseldorf, Erfurt, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hanover, Leipzig, Munich, Munster, Paderborn, Nuremberg), Astraeus (Leeds/Bradford, London-Gatwick), Atlant-Soyuz Airlines (Moscow-Vnukovo), Austrian Airlines (Vienna), Bashkirian Airlines (Ufa), Belair (Zurich), British Airways, operated by GB Airways (London-Gatwick), Condor Airlines (Düsseldorf, Munich), Edelweiss Air (Geneva, Zurich), Egyptair (Cairo, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva, Milan-Malpensa), Excel Airways (London-Gatwick, Manchester (UK)), Finnair ( only charter, from Helsinki), Hifly (Lisbon), Jat Airways (Belgrade), LTU (Berlin-Schönefeld, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich), operated by LTU Austria (Vienna), Luxair (Luxembourg), MyTravel Airways (Manchester (UK)), Niki (Salzburg, Vienna), Primacharter (Poznan,Warsaw,Wroclaw), Pulkovo Aviation Enterprise (St Petersburg), S7 Airlines (Moscow-Domodedovo), Star Airlines (Paris), TAROM (Bucharest-Otopeni) (seasonal), Thomas Cook Airlines (Glasgow, London-Gatwick, Manchester (UK)), Thomsonfly (London-Gatwick, Manchester (UK)), Transaero (Moscow-Domodedovo), TUIfly (Frankfurt, Munich, Stuttgart, Hanover), TUIfly nordic (only charter, from Helsinki).

• fonden's Profile Photo

Airport in Hurghada

by fonden Written Apr 25, 2007

The city is served by the Hurghada International Airport with direct connections with several cities in Europe.
    There are also daily flights to and from Cairo. Some times a week there are flights to Sharm el-Sheikh and once a week to Aswan by Luxor.

The ariport is very interesting in itself, when I was there he airport was in caos. Not really know where to go and not many people around that could help you. But I've heard that the airport has improved alot the last year or two. But I must say it was a fun and interresting experience.

• Beaches
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• Beware Departure from Hurghada Airport

by saabfan Written Feb 4, 2007

Just after New Year's, 2007 we faced a 3 hour wait in the Hurghada Airport to get from the curb to first security screening. No lines--just frustrated and angry travelers trying to make their flights. How often does this occur? I have no idea. Our guide told us this is not unusual. Other travelers have told us they endured long lines but nothing on this scale. It's the lack of lines that was the biggest problem. My tip? Be prepared. Ask your travel agent about best days (times) to travel out of Hurghada--especially if you're going during a holiday. We would have changed our travel days or tried to fly at an off time had we known this is what we were facing during peak times.

• Spa and Resort

• Beograd's Profile Photo

Fly by JAT

by Beograd Updated Jan 29, 2007

The best way to get to Hurghada is by airplane. From Belgrade the flight takes less than three hours. But if you travel during the hot summer time, be prepared for a shock when you leave the airplane! A very hot wind blows into your face and it can be very dangerous if you are not prepared. The airport is nothing much, and the bus will be waiting to transfer you to the airport building.

• Luxury Travel

• KittyIsAround's Profile Photo

Dollmush it is!

by KittyIsAround Written Nov 3, 2006

ALWAYS take a dollmush if you go alone anywhere - DON'T take a taxi - taxidrivers in Egypt follow there own rules, it's not reasonable price nor is it safe

Dollmush are privat little (mostly white) busses that stops whereever you want but have general busstops too - they are WAY cheaper and safe - they are used also by egyptians what makes them fair

• Aurorae's Profile Photo

boats

by Aurorae Written Jun 14, 2006

There are many boats making excursions, snorkeling and scuba diving tours, almost on every corner you'll find them, and go as you please. There is a small port every couple of hundreds of meters in Hurghada. The boats are very active in the late afternoon as they come back from their trips, so watch around where you swim/dive!

• Levente_D's Profile Photo

Air

by Levente_D Written Sep 25, 2005

The easiest way to get to Hurghada is by air. Egypt air has reliable service from Cairo and other places. As a foreigner you pay more than a local but the price is still OK, although sometimes getting to Hurghada with a charter from abroad can be cheaper than flying from Cairo.

• ShOcker's Profile Photo

Local small minivans (white)

by ShOcker Written Jun 27, 2004

Wanna go to the centre, beach or back to your hotel ? Use the local mini busses , they're much cheaper than the transportation the hotel offers you ..

You can always discuss the price with the driver but in and around Hurghada you shouldn't pay more than 2 Egyption pounds .. less than a dollar

• Kushelkitten's Profile Photo

Share Buses

by Kushelkitten Written Feb 3, 2004

When we first arrived in Hurghada and walked down the street to the grocery store to find water we couldnt figure out why it seemed that every car that passed us was honking their horn. We soon came to realize that the honking came from what are share buses. They are like group taxis.

These are the best way to get around Hurghada. When you get in tell the driver where you want to go and then when you arrive there get out and hand the driver the fare of 1LE through the window. This is the standard posted fare in these buses and if you ask the driver will try to get more money from you. If you have a problem and the driver tell you it is more go to the tourist police.

• kenmerk's Profile Photo

Motorized Camel...

by kenmerk Written Jan 9, 2004

Camels are great for that photo op, but to get anywhere in a hurry, 4WD's are the only way to go. (except maybe one of those ATV's that they also rent here..)

Be sure the driver brings spare tires, and a shovel to dig the thing out should it get stuck in a gully along the way. Our jeep broke down on the way back to Hurghada in pitch darkness. (Quickly found out that the air filter was completely clogged with sand....)

I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't want to get left out here all night alone...

Hurghada Hotels

Iberotel Aquamarine Resort
Sofitel Hurghada
Stella Makadi Resort

Instant Answers: Hurghada

Comments

Hurghada Transportation

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Hurghada locals.
Map of Hurghada