Diarrhea, Hurghada

by Aurorae
  • Aurorae's Profile Photo

diarrhea

by Aurorae Updated Jun 13, 2006

If you have a sensitive stomach, be sure that you'll catch diarrhea. You are most likely to suffer, but you can buy a local medicine called ENTOCID 1, in any pharmacy. There are some bacteria that we are not used to in Europe, and although not dangerous, they can cause you unpleasant stomach urges, 80% of the people we traveled with had that problem... Keep in mind that European medicines do not work, only the local ones, as they are based on the bacteria they are supposed to fight. So brining pills from home is useless.

(my face on the photo should simulate the problem, and besides, even snakes are more pleasant to hold than to cope with bad stomach!)

• Innovator's Profile Photo

D I A R R E A H!!!! 90% suffers from it DANGER!!!!

by Innovator Written Jan 8, 2006

We had a 5* & best hotel available. We, and all the people we knew, had diarreah.
    Some people the worst they ever had in their lives! Toilets were not so clean also.

The only reason is a bacteria that is in their water. So like in Turkey brush your teeth with water from a bottle.

We thrusted our hotel about the softdrinks cause it was 5*. At the bars in the resort, the softdrinks were made with sirup and water. I asked which type of water it was.
    They had 2 famous brands of pre-bottled water (safe to drink) "Baraka" and something else from a Vittel source.

They said the drinks at the poolbar & other bars were sirup with Baraka.
    We saw afterwards it was a lie, everyone had diarreah!!!! We never felt as sick as there in Egypt!!!

When it's so hot, you don't want to drink that water without gas. So you ask Coke light,Fanta,... and your getting sick.

A pity for your Egypt travel that they don't get to normal hygiene standards...
    I saw some people, it can really mess up your holiday with that sickness...

• badamcevski's Profile Photo

Beware of the SUN

by badamcevski Written Nov 27, 2004

me after WC

We didint expirience any dangerous situation except the one when I got Diarea!
    It was very very dangerous to stay so long in the toilet!

Instant Answers: Hurghada

Comments

Other Warnings and Dangers in Hurghada