Sun Dangers, Hurghada

• Sun Dangers
    by pocari
  • Sun stroke in Hurgada

by pocari Written Dec 20, 2010

The sun in Hurgada is very hot,, make sure your protected from the sun stroke. A friend of mine got a sun stroke after getting a sun tan at the beach. We found a Japanese drink "POCARI SWEAT" sold at hypermarkets "Spinney's" there, after he took it his temperature started going down to normal it saved his life. If you drink it regularly it keeps you hydrated and protects you from sun stroke.

Take care of the sun and don't let the sun spoil your fun !!

• Spa and Resort
    • Luxury Travel

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Be afraid of the sun

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Jul 28, 2007

Hurghada - My poor legs on the sun

The main danger in Hurghada is the hot African sun. I understood that only one hour on the sun can be enough to scorch dangerously. Therefore in day of arrival I acted reasonably and sunbathing on a beach disappeared in a shadow the most part of time. My body has got slightly pinkish shade.

The next excursion days of my travel the struggle against the sun passed with variable success. When I returned to Hurghada in the evening of penultimate day I decided that I managed to win the hot Egyptian sun.
    Therefore next last day in Egypt I decided to stay on the sun hardly more time that the pinkish shade of my sunburn has turned to a brown shade.

I was wrong! The sun has revenged me for disrespect and I have come back home to Moscow red as a cancer. Two days I came to the senses and only for the third day felt that returned to a normal life. Be afraid of the sun in Hurghada!

You may see the beach where I spent two days on my Hurghada Hor Palace Beach VIDEO with Shag Rugge music from my personal YouTube channel. After opening the VIDEO please press the right bottom button on the screen for expansion of the image in all screen.

• Beaches

• KittyIsAround's Profile Photo

Egypt. Sunburn is not always just sunburn!

by KittyIsAround Written Nov 3, 2006

I know sunburn is a usual thing - but th egyptian sun is HARDCORE! seriously - NEVER go out anyhwere without a thick suncreme on you - best is - don't go out with shoulder-free shirts and look out for your face! wear a hat/cap etc

the egyptian doctors are very good but it's possible that your skin will not like a third-degree burn - i'm not joking!

• Prasnjavi's Profile Photo

The wind, all day long

by Prasnjavi Updated Mar 29, 2004

Look at the palms

It is windy all day. In one way, it's good because temperature in September was around 45 degrees. In the other way, you don't feel the heat and you think that you don't have to move from the beach in noon. Be careful. Your skin doesn't recognize that. Even if you think that you are safe in the shadow, you are wrong. Sun reflection on the send and see is big and it is almost the same as outside. Go into the room.

• Aurorae's Profile Photo

SUN!!!

by Aurorae Written Oct 27, 2003

Hurgada by Jelena

Beware of the sun! Any time a year! It gets to your head, and you can burn without noticing, or suffer from a sun stroke. For people with delicate skin and white complexion, it is extremely dangerous to stay under the sun a lot. So be sure to hide under the shadow and bring a lot of sunscreen!
    In case you do get burnt, buy in the local shop lotus flower oil, in ten minutes it cures the red surface, like a miracle! I tried!!!
    (The strangling on the photo has nothing to do with dangers, though! My friends were just playing around. IN THE SHADOW!!!)

Instant Answers: Hurghada

Comments

Other Warnings and Dangers in Hurghada