people of Alexandria, Alexandria

Know about this? Rate It!

Local People of Alex
    With my Egyptian Friend Karim
    Friendly Young Girls
  • xaver's Profile Photo

Guide

by xaver Written Jan 6, 2013

the minigroup..issimo

Favorite thing: This the first time I recommend a guide and I do this for two reasons: 1) I would have loved if someone advertised a good guide to me so I would have spent less time arguing with fake guides, fake drivers and hassles.
    2) she is really good, clever, funny and professional, she speaks perfect English, good French and let’s say she speaks Italian definitely better thatn Totti(this is a remark only Italians will understand).
    She is based in Alexandria, but ask her if you have to go somewhere else, she may be able to help, as I said she is clever and honest, hard to find people with these caratheristics in touristic places, even harder in Egypt.
    Email: eman_salama85@yahoo.com

• Museum Visits
    • Photography

• freddie18's Profile Photo

Friendly and Hospitable People of Alex

by freddie18 Updated Dec 7, 2008

With my Egyptian Friend Karim

Favorite thing: Meeting good and friendly people in Alexandria is not hard to do. There are too many and too many are friendly enough that you can even start a conversation.

Whether the locals are students or young people or residents of any status in life, you can be sure that more often than not, they will be part of your god experience in this beautiful city.

• Study Abroad

• Great People

by pangtidor Updated Mar 16, 2007

A Picture of Me and An ALexandria Student

Favorite thing: I feel safer walking around Alexandria then I am in Cairo. We were not approached by streethunters who want to offer their transport, souvenirs, or tour guiding. More young ones to be seen on the street, apparently the students. You may see many young couples at the beach. Beautiful people with full of smiles, greetings, and their warm welcome.

• Women's Travel
    • Beaches

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo

Cavafis declares it more frankly...

by sayedaburas Updated Mar 12, 2007

Another poem

Favorite thing: Quote (in translation by Edmund Keeley and Philip Sherrard)

" Said Myrtias (a Syrian student
    in Alexandria during the reign
    of the Emperor Konstans and the Emperor Konstantios;
    in part a heathen, in part christianized):
    “Strengthened by study and reflection.
    I won’t fear my passions like a coward;
    I’ll give my body to sensual pleasures,
    to enjoyments I’ve dreamed of,
    to the most audacious erotic desires,
    to the lascivious impulses of my blood,
    with no fear at all, because when I wish—
    and I’ll have the will-power, strengthened
    as I shall be by study and reflection—
    when I wish, at critical moments I will recover
    my spirit, ascetic as it was before. "

Unquote

By the way, at this very moment I may refer to a tip of our VT co-mate & freind Lady Mistique in a comparable one of her lovely tips. Click requesting her permission! *

Visit also our VT co-mate & friend Gianna's home page to enjoy what she wrote about Kavafi close to a pic of his!

I myself as a pure heterosexual and never homosexual can't give myself any right even to comment. It is for sure a matter of taste, syndromes or hormones. However; heterosexuality is the way to beget generations of all living creatures whether human, animal, insect or plant... etc.

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo

Cavafis' Passion !

by sayedaburas Updated Mar 12, 2007

Cavafis' Poem

Favorite thing: Quote (in translation):

"My work, I’m very careful about it, and I love it.
    But today I’m discouraged by how slowly it’s going.
    The day has affected my mood.
    It gets darker and darker. Endless wind and rain.
    I’m more in the mood for looking that for writing.
    In this picture, I’m now gazing at a handsome boy
    who is lying down close to a spring,
    exhausted from running.
    What a handsome boy; what a heavenly noon
    has caught him up in sleep.
    I sit and gaze like this for a long time,
    recovering through art from the effort of creating it."

Unquote

Apart form his Historical, Philosophical and Political wide repertoire Cavafis didnt hide his passion and personal tendency to homosexuality.

• kenmerk's Profile Photo

Hubble Bubble

by kenmerk Written Jan 3, 2004

Alexandria Social Scene...

Favorite thing: The cornerstone of the Egyptian social scene would appear to be the local corner cafe well stocked with hubble bubble pipes.

Men gather here at all hours of the day (and night) to discuss current issues of the day.

if you get the chance, try the pipe, its not bad, a pretty mild aromic tastes... (and it is rather enjoyable to sit in a cafe and watch the locals mill by...)

• Aurorae's Profile Photo

cute kids

by Aurorae Written Oct 25, 2003

Alex by Jelena

Favorite thing: This little girlwas very friendly and cute, she was posing for me to take a picture of her! In general, kids are very friendly and playful in Egypt!
    This was in front of the beautiful white mosque near the shore.

• although ALEXANDRIA is one of...

by music_egypt Updated Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: although ALEXANDRIA is one of the most famous cities in the world but the numbers of tourists that visit alexandria is less than any city in egypt. certianly it's off the beaten bath..

Fondest memory: alexandria is the only city in egypt that u wouldn't get hassled or harrassed by sell-men that wanna sell you any thing but alexandria is full of locals.it's impossible or rare to see tourists ....also the taxi drivers there are not spoiled yet like in cairo.

Instant Answers: Alexandria

Comments

Other Favorites in Alexandria