coffee shops, Alexandria

4 out of 5 stars 4 Stars - 8 Reviews

• Alex City Centre where Starbucks is located
    Alex City Centre where Starbucks is...
  • RavensWing's Profile Photo

Starbucks: Chai Latte for Me!

by RavensWing Written Oct 22, 2013

Starbucks!

I had gone to visit my friend in Alexandria to 'live like an Egyptian'. He asked me if I wanted to go get a coffee ... 'you know the kind you like from home.' I said "You have a Starbucks here?" He smiled, nodded and off we went.

We got there and he went in while I grabbed a seat. There is a large area outside with tables and chairs - and if you are lucky enough you can get the couch and chairs.

I did have my Chai Latte. My friend has his a coffee after nearly having a stroke at how much it cost. So Starbucks is really mostly for the tourists it seems, he much preferred his 25piastre coffee.

Favorite Dish: My favorite drink is the Chai Latte (in Egypt that is)

• Singles

• TheLongTone's Profile Photo

Athineos: A remnant of cosmopolitan Alex

by TheLongTone Updated Feb 7, 2010

This establishment occupies an entire block between Ramleh tram station and the Corniche. The corniche side is a restaurant and the Ramleh side is a cafe/patisserie, serving a huge selection of excellent cakes and pastries as well as sandwiches. The Art Deco interior is wonderful and looks as if it has recently been restored. A little on the pricey side, but worth it for the ambience.

• freddie18's Profile Photo

Costa Coffee: Famous Costa Coffee

by freddie18 Updated Jan 17, 2009

Costa Coffee at Corniche

This coffee shop was founded in the U.K. in 1971 by Italian brothers. It is now a franchiser in many countries. Any Costa employee will tell you that making coffee is an art. This is complimented by the fact that this coffee is made from some of the finest coffee beans.

I did not have the chance to taste their coffee while I was in Egypt even I have seen a couple of branches in Alexandria, and this is due to a very hectic trip schedule. I do regret it but if you happen to be in Egypt, try it, and let me know.

See the photos. I took them from the Corniche and the other picture is from a huge mall.

• freddie18's Profile Photo

Starbucks Coffee: Famous Starbucks Coffee

by freddie18 Updated Nov 17, 2008

Famous Starbucks Coffee

Everybody knows Starbucks Coffee. You will find this U.S. based Starbucks in almost all countries in the world. I have seen a couple of Starbucks Coffee Shops in Alexandria and the one I am posting here is located at the City Centre Mall of Alexandria in Egypt.

Explore every cup of Starbucks Coffee when you visit Egypt.

• Capisco's Profile Photo

Carlos Cafe: Dont Miss the Negrasco

by Capisco Written Oct 26, 2008

Cornishe road - Sidi Gaber

A lot of people in Egypt and Especially Alexandria like Carlos Cafe.Eating there is nice and you can enjoy smoking some Shisha while listening to Egyptian/Arabian and some English songs.
    It have 2 branches in Alexandria , one is located on the sea road ( Corniche) and the other is located in Carrefoour City Center in Alexandria.
    Thursday and Friday there is a minimum charge for around $6 per person so if your order is less than $6 they ask you to take something if you want to complete the $6

Favorite Dish: Negrasco (Kind of pasta ) you will like it very much especially it have chicken
    it's called Negrasco with chicken

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Trianon: High end afternoon tea

by Sambawalk Written May 28, 2006

Trianon is located at the ground floor of Le Mtropole Hotel facing Midan Ramla. There is also a bakery behind, but it is only for take away. I enjoyed the afternoon tea and cake here during my day trip from Cairo to Alexandria. The restaurant has good classical ambienc.e. (see pics). It costs 16 EGP (May 2006).

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Brazillian Coffee shop: Brazillian Coffee shop

by Sambawalk Written May 28, 2006

I always enjoy coffee/tea break while travelling and I found this Brazillian Coffee shop to be like Starbucks in the west countries. The price is also expensive. A cup of Latte (medium size) costs about 7.5 EGP (May 2006). But it is good.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Delicies: Yummy cakes

by MalenaN Updated Aug 29, 2005

Eating a cake

Not until the last evening in Alexandria did I have a cake at Delicies. I wish I had found out earlier that the cakes were so delicious. Delicies has big old rooms and also a place to sit outside. There is an entrance both from Saad Zaghloul Street and from the square on the opposite side.
    There is a big choice of different cakes and you point at the one you want. At the café you can also have ice cream, tea and coffee and breakfast.

Instant Answers: Alexandria