airplane &airport, Alexandria

Know about this? Rate It!

a lighthouse near the Montaza gardens
    by dedeckerm.
  • lotharlerch's Profile Photo

Dont fly to Alexandria

by lotharlerch Updated Jan 5, 2010

Alexandria has an international airport but it is incredibly small (same size as the one of Kittilä in Finnish Lapland but not that good quality architecture). The technical equipment is 3rd world standard. We could not take off due to some fog because there were totally insufficient runway lights which made it necessary to stay a day in the hotel in Alexandria and the next night on Frankfurt airport because all passengers missed their connecting flights, I came back home with 24 hours delay. But you can go via Cairo airport, and the train from Cairo to Alex is only 2 hours.

• siso010's Profile Photo

From Airport where to go?

by siso010 Written May 28, 2005

This is the first question what I will do once I get off the plane ??
    Well I think taking a taxi from inside the airport is not a nice idea as it charges you too much,but if you have large bags so noway.
    anyway you should know the location of your hotel where you are going ,dont pay the taxi more than 30L.E in anyway,he will ask for more just you ignore him .

• dedeckerm.'s Profile Photo

I prefer the planeDo you know...

by dedeckerm. Updated Sep 9, 2002

Railway station

I prefer the plane.
    Do you know why ?
    Because I have only 14 days for my holiday and with the car it took too much time, I think so!
    Because if we go by car it's only a 'coming and going'.
    Oh Yes, befor I forget it to say : we start our holidays always in Belgium !

RAILWAY STATION.
    The historic building has been recently renovated. A panoramic view of the Station Square shows a modern statue (to the right) which commemorates the 1952 revolution.

• ianrmillard's Profile Photo

Alex airport is much nicer...

by ianrmillard Written Aug 25, 2002

Alex airport is much nicer than Cairo: much smaller, more friendly, virtually without touts and nuisances. But far fewer flights, especially international and the cost is a bit higher. Try Olympic Air...good service, wine and food and a useful Mediterranean network.
    [pic:Misra Station, which has local and Alex-Cairo trains and, outside the station, a chaos of long-distance taxis, local taxis, buses, long-distance buses and donkeys]
    Trams are best. There are also double-decked trams. Most terminate at Ramla.

• viddra's Profile Photo

Fly!

by viddra Written Jan 13, 2008

a lighthouse near the Montaza gardens

It is possible to get to Alex by plane with one of the daily flights from Cairo.

Some air lines also operate weekly flights from and to Frankfurt, Athens, and London (via Damascus).

Instant Answers: Alexandria