Know about this?
Swimming with Parasites - Swimmers Itch
There is apparently a danger of small parasites known as Schistosomiasis, a type of tapeworm or snail. Otherwise known as "swimmers itch" or "snail fever" it's found in a lot of countries. There's a few different types but the one in Egypt effects the intestines and causes diarrhea, stomach ache, itchiness, cough, fever and fatigue. To prevent it, they say to try medicinal oral castor oil and once diagnosed it is easily treated by a doctor.
- Water Sports
- Family Travel
Not to swim anywhere.!
Just not to swim inside the downtown I recommend you to swim in the northen coast as its better/cleaner/and less harrasement to people.
you can also go to Montaza to swim but not to swim in Bahari/Sedi Beshr/Sedi Gaber/Miami.ITS VERY CROWDED.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Official Site
- Travelocity Official Site
Alexandria Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Dau Hotels
- North Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Lamma Island Hotels
- Saint Julian's
- Ko Samet
- Legaspi City
- Bhutan Hotels
- Bad neighborhoods
- Johannesburg Warnings and Dangers
- Puerto Vallarta Warnings and Dangers
- Panamá City Warnings and Dangers
- Jamaica Warnings and Dangers
- Tashkent Warnings and Dangers
- Vietnam Warnings and Dangers
- Sri Lanka Warnings and Dangers
- Cambodia Warnings and Dangers
- Positano Warnings and Dangers
- Medan Warnings and Dangers