Bawiti Warnings and Dangers

in bawiti's hospital (not me)
    by call_me_rhia
    road from Bir al Ghaba to Bawiti
    by sachara

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Bawiti

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

avoid the "hospital", if you can

by call_me_rhia Written Mar 11, 2005

in bawiti's hospital (not me)

Avoid the "hospital", if you can... if you can't, brace yourself.

It's not that the doctors or nurses aren't good (quite the contrary, in fact), it's only that the whole place is falling apart (beds included - linen were missing already) and there's a serious lack of some useful instruments. Everyone was fascinated by our digital thermometer! The needle used for the injection was new and sterile, but... the largest I have ever seen. My husband who was at the receiving hand decided it was "bloody" painful (the veiled nurse intriguing).

And then... to our surprise... our money was refused... no one wanted us to pay. Imagine our surprise: nearly everyone we met in Egypt asked us for money, often for no reason at all. Here in Bawiti's hospital, where one expects to pay for medical treatment, we just couldn't pay (and trust me, that hospital is in desperate need of funds).

Egypt is full of contradictions...

• sachara's Profile Photo

Going around in Bahariya Oasis

by sachara Updated Aug 10, 2003

road from Bir al Ghaba to Bawiti

The oasis is very scenic, but if you go around take enough water and take something with you for your head against the burning sun.
    It is not always easy to find your way, so ask around. If there is somebody around, people are very willing to help.
    Some of the roads and tracks have a lot of loose sand, this is not always easy for walking, biking or driving a normal car without 4x4.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Desert
    • Cycling

Instant Answers: Bawiti

Comments

Bawiti Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Bawiti warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bawiti sightseeing.