Dahshur Transportation

Parking lot of Red Pyramid
    by Sambawalk
  • Only two vehicls are parked outside the pyramid
    Only two vehicls are parked outside the...
    by MalenaN

Best Rated Transportation in Dahshur

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Cairo to Dahshur

by MalenaN Written Oct 16, 2005

Only two vehicls are parked outside the pyramid

I decided not to use public transportation to see the different pyramids outside Cairo (Dahshur is not easy to reach by public transport), but to pay for a car with driver. I asked at the travel agent, which is open a few hours a day at Garden City House Hotel. There was no one to share the price with so finally I went alone. For the transport to Dahshur, Memphis, Saqqara and the pyramids at Giza I paid 150 pounds. All sights are close to Cairo and with a car they can easily be seen in a day.

• illumina's Profile Photo

Hire a taxi

by illumina Written Apr 1, 2008

If you're travelling independently, the easiest way to get to Dahshur is probably by hiring a private taxi and visiting as part of a day trip to Saqqara and Memphis (and maybe also Giza). We hired a taxi through our hotel, which cost us 220LE between two of us - possibly a little expensive, but we didn't have to worry about the driver trying to take us to carpet factories and papyrus 'museums'!

• uglyscot's Profile Photo

A trip off the beaten track

by uglyscot Written Dec 15, 2009

The only way to get to this site is by car, or most likely a taxi.
    We had a regular taxi driver whenever we went anywhere in Cairo, On this particular day he took us first to Saqqarah, and then was persuaded to take us to Dahshur. He was rather reluctant to do so, but agreed in the end. I think the whole day cost us about 70 Egyptian Pounds.
    We had to pay £Eg 2 for the taxi to enter the site.

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

from Cairo to Dahshur

by Sambawalk Written May 30, 2006
    Parking lot of Red Pyramid

I chartered a taxi to visit four sites within one day – Dahshur, Memphis, Saqqara and the pyramids at Giza. I paid 190 EGP and arranged through the travel agent in the Garden City House Hotel in Cairo. All sights are close to Cairo and with a car they can easily be seen in a day.

Instant Answers: Dahshur

Comments

Dahshur Transportation

Reviews and photos of Dahshur transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dahshur sightseeing.