Memphis Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Memphis

• illumina's Profile Photo

Private Taxi

by illumina Written Apr 1, 2008

As far as I know, it is possible to visit Memphis by public transport but it's difficult and time-consuming. We came as part of a day-trip to Dahshur, Saqqara and Giza, and paid 220LE for the taxi and driver for the whole day, through our hotel.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Taxi

by MalenaN Written Nov 9, 2005

I decided not to use public transportation to see the different pyramids outside Cairo (Dahshur is not easy to reach by public transport), but to pay for a car with driver. I asked at the travel agent, which is open a few hours a day at Garden City House Hotel. There was no one to chare the price with so finally I went alone. For the transport to Dahshur, Memphis, Saqqara and the pyramids at Giza I paid 150 pounds. All sights are close to Cairo and with a car they can easily be seen in a day.

It is possible to visit Memphis by public transport but it is complicated and takes a very long time to go there. I don’t think it would be worth it.

The alabaster sphinx in Memphis

Instant Answers: Memphis

Comments

Memphis Transportation

Reviews and photos of Memphis transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Memphis sightseeing.