Pyramids of Giza Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Pyramids of Giza

Horse and Horse Carriage Rides

by machomikemd Written Oct 19, 2013

If you want to feel being how a high official or even the Pharaoh rode during these ancient times, then you must to the horse carriage ride or horse rides along the pyramid complex, this ride is more authentic and is more a bang for your buck than the overpriced camel rides in the Giza Necropolis complex. There are many free lancers in the necropolis offering Horse and Horse Carriage Rides and the rides cost LE 70 (about US $ 10) for a short 5 minute ride and LE 200 (about US $ 30) for a ride around the necropolis which last about 30 minutes of so, you must haggle the price though as this is somewhat expensive.

• National/State Park

Camel Ride around the Necropolis

by machomikemd Written Oct 19, 2013

if you haven't experienced riding a camel and you are not visiting other parts of egypt (which we did and the camel rides are way cheaper!) which have camel rides too or going to other middle eastern countries who have deserts and camel rides as well, then you can do camel ride her in giza necropolis but a fair warning, the prices are padded up for tourists as these camel herders will charge you 100 LE for a 10 minute ride (about US $ 15) and 300 LE (US $ 46) for about a 30 minute ride around the 3 pyramids and the sphinx, so be sure to negotiate the price before being enticed to go up the camel for the camel ride.

• Architecture

Big Tour Buses

by machomikemd Written Oct 19, 2013

The Pyramids of Giza is the Number one Tourist Destination of Egypt and almost all tourists that goes to Cairo also Goes to the Giza Pyramids and Necropolis and many tourists arrive at giza via Big Tour Buses and some at Private Vans.these tour buses also come with free WIFI Internet services for the Tourists and shuttle the tourists like us along some of the attractions around the Giza Plateau as walking around this arid desert is a no brainer for tourists. AFter the Giza Tours, these tour buses then shuttle guests to other destinations like the Sakkara Step Pyramid or around Islamic Cairo or Coptic Cairo.

• National/State Park

From Cairo to Giza

by machomikemd Written Oct 19, 2013

Since Giza is now the third largest City of Egypt and can be considered as a Suburb of the Capital Cairo, there are many kinds of transportation available going from Cairo to Giza and Vice Versa like Cars, Public Buses, Tour Buses, Taxis, Private Cars and Vans for hireand even by train (but the train station is located far from the Giza Plateau). There are also several roads and ring roads (elevated roads) that interconnect both cities as both cities derived most of their income from tourism.

• Motorcycle

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

By Coach Pt Said, Cairo, Giza to Alexandria

by Mikebb Updated Dec 6, 2010

Arriving Port Said

Our cruise boat was due to dock at Port Said early morning for our transfer to waiting coaches, 1,000 people in all and countless coaches. We were up at 5am for breakfast as our boat entered the harbour.

The logistics of processing 1,000 people through customs and then onto the correct coach was something the crew had completed successfully many times before, and this time it went without a hitch.

The drive to Cairo took approximately 3 hours. The journey provided an amazing kaleidoscope of life in Egypt. Major traffic conjestion, overloaded trucks, people everywhere and then we emerged into the desert which for miles had been turned into productive farmlands.

Every so often we would see towns, universities etc being established in the desert sand. I guess these newly established communities would soon join together with the rapid expansion of Cairo.

By 11am we had arrived at the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities which should have been a highlight of our day. However combined with hundreds of school children, tourists and the 1,000 people from our boat it was utter chaos. The 2 hour visit was shorten to 1 hour and we were wisked away for our Nile Cruise with lunch and Belly Dancer. At last some respite from traffic and crowds.

Back into Cairo traffic we arrived at Giza Plateau and the Pyramids. The surprise being the lack of people compared to what we had encountered throughout the day. After 90 minutes we were back on the road for the 3 hour trip to Alexandria.

In summary: Rushed - but something to treasure.

• Desert

• uglyscot's Profile Photo

Horse and cart

by uglyscot Updated Dec 16, 2009

different transport

In spite of all the warnings about the camel and horse owners hassling for customers, when I took my daughter and grand-daughter to Giza, the little one insisted on having a camel ride, which turned out to be fun for them, and then the owner suggested we take a trip in a horse-drawn cart to a point where all the 9 pyramids could be seen.. This was great fun, with the horse galloping along, round bends and down hills and just when you thought you'd topple off a hill, it would stop. It must have been very well trained.
    So, I take back my doubt about using the transport available at the viewing point at least.

There are also horses, and hantours available.

• uglyscot's Profile Photo

make like a camel...

by uglyscot Updated Dec 16, 2009

Walk. That way you get to stop and look whenever something catches your eye.
    Avoid the camel and horse owners. They will try to trap you the moment you appear at the plateau.
    I shake my head and say "La, shuKraan'" and walk on, not taking any more notice no matter how persistent they get.

However , if you do succumb to the offer of a ride, arrange the price first.

• School Holidays

Traffic in Giza

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Oct 23, 2007

Traffic in Giza

Traffic in Giza and Cairo makes strong impression upon disciplined Europeans. Driving by car along Moscow we often observe infringements of road rules, therefore we - Russians are accustomed to such infringements. But what I have seen in Giza and Cairo has almost shaken me. Absence of traffic lights and traffic controllers, lack of road markings! Everyone go and drive simultaneously to all the sides! In such conditions a donkey-carriage or a horse-carriage often overcomes crossroads more quickly, than a car or a bus.

When were driving by a crossroad in Giza I observed how a car has brought down the pedestrian. However that man has risen, shaken off and continued the way not paying any attention to this incident.

You may watch my VIDEO-Clip from my personal YouTube channel: 4 min 25 sec Egypt Giza Arrival by Bus 2007

Giza Railway Station

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Oct 23, 2007

Giza Railway Station

We reached Giza after 12-hours trip by train from Aswan. 11 trains a day depart to Cairo from Aswan. I have paid a place in a sleeper (in addition $60 including supper). Therefore I had a good rest at night unlike other tourists, who preferred to save money and used the sedentary carriage.

Most of tourist continued travel to the Cairo Central Station. We left the train in Giza because our hotel was situated there.

You may watch my VIDEO-Clip from my personal YouTube channel: 1 min 20 sec Egypt Giza Arrival by train 2007

“Abanoub Travel” Bus

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Oct 23, 2007

���Abanoub Travel��� Bus in Giza

Our bus by which we traveled around Giza, Cairo and Alexandria was convenient enough. It has air-condition and it served us against April hot.

The tourist agency “Abanoub Travel” which was the owner of the bus is well known in Egypt. We saw a lot of green buses everywhere with its logotype. The drivers were friendly and always have a bottle of mineral water. You may see our driver on my photo.

• kentishgirl's Profile Photo

Getting to the Pyramids from Giza

by kentishgirl Updated Jan 21, 2007

Transport at the Pyramids!!!

Getting to and around the pyramids is half of the fun!
    We took a camel and a horse from Giza and went right out into the desert to see the pyramids.
    The horses arent broken in - in fact I think they are wild! Mine followed some others who were galloping away and bucked me right off!! The Camel was cool - we had a guide who was very informative.

• sswagner's Profile Photo

Getting around the pyramids

by sswagner Written Jul 10, 2006

Camel rider

There are several ways to see this area. Each has advantages and disadvantages. Which one you take depends on preferences.

Tour bus: They can get you around quicker and contain a guide that will answer your questions. Disadvantages? They might not bring you to the best viewpoints or some areas where you want to go. The itenerary may or may not match your "wish list".

Camel/horse: For many people, this is a memorable way to explore Giza. They make nice photo opportunities and provide a unique way to explore the monuments. The disadvantages could be the price, and if you get an unscrupulous guide, there could be some additional problems. When hiring some animals, make sure you tell the guide exactly what you want and ensure you have agreed on a price.

On foot: This is my favorite method. I could go anywhere I wanted to go. There was no itenerary, so I could spend as much time as I needed to look at a particular area. One horse tout did try to tell me that it was forbidden to walk on foot past a certain point. He pointed to some tourist police and told me they would stop me if I tried to walk beyond their position. Naturally, this was proven to be a lie. You can walk all over the complex and out to some nice viewpoints to take in the views. The disadvantage of foot travel is that it is slower and will take you more time to get from one place to another.

• Museum Visits

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

The pyramids at Giza

by Sambawalk Written May 29, 2006

I chartered a taxito visit four sites – Dahshur, Memphis, Saqqara and the pyramids at Giza. I paid 190 EGP and arranged through the travel agent in the Garden City House Hotel in Cairo. All sights are close to Cairo and with a car they can easily be seen in a day.

• awladhassan's Profile Photo

camels

by awladhassan Updated May 20, 2006

on camel back

As soon as you approach the Giza plateau you will be bombarded with offers of horse rides, camel rides or trips in a cart. If you want to take a risk, have fun. My daughter made such a fuss about going on a camel, though scared stiff when she got near him [well she's only 3]. However, I gave in and clambered up behind her, and for 10EP we had a short wander around, not that I enjoy riding camels, but she was hysterical with laughter.
    But the best way to see the pyramids is on foot. Early morning or late afternoon is best as the sun is fierce and the plateau is vast.
    If you hire a taxi for the trip you can move freely, get him to stop at parking areas and then you walk around at leisure before moving on to the next place.

• Janani's Profile Photo

Camels

by Janani Written Jan 13, 2006

I wasn't too sure I wanted to ride a camel, having heard how much difficulty people can have arranging the price and that some of the animals are not well treated but this lady, who I had started talking to, at the small pyramid, wanted someone to ride with her, as she had been told balancing was easier with two people and her husband was unable to join her, as he'd hurt his back. I tried to make the fact that I was wearing a skirt my excuse but the camel man, in his galibaya, demonstrated that this wouldn't be a problem, so I agreed and was glad that I had, as the ride was lovely and we ended up with a marvellous view of the pyramids. The camel we rode, to my eyes at least, seemed well cared for with no cuts from the straps of his equipment, like I had seen elsewhere and his owner seemed very gentle towards him.

• Desert

Instant Answers: Pyramids of Giza

Comments

Pyramids of Giza Transportation

Reviews and photos of Pyramids of Giza transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pyramids of Giza sightseeing.

View all Pyramids of Giza hotels