Know about this? Rate It!
Toliet paper and money
Favorite thing: There are three rules you must follow in Cairo:
1) Bring your own toliet paper as must places will not have it. Don't be surprised if the toliet seats are broken off most toliets...the locals are used to using the "hole" and 'em modern things that flush are new to them. So, they stand on the toliet seats to use it....hey, you will see stranger things then this....trust me.
2) Money - see rule #1. My theory is that small bills are used for toliet paper. Bring a zip lock back to hold the Egyptian money. It is filthy and it stinks...esp the lower demoninated bills.
3) Keep your walet in your front pocket with your hand in your pocket as well. I can't count the number of times there was a second hand trying to get in there with mine!
- Family Travel
Favorite thing: Here are some basic and important Arabic phrases, they will come in much use (i wrote them in roman letters):
No thank you - Laa shokrahn
Hello - Salaam
Good bye - ma-as-salaamah
No - Laa
Yes - Naam
Thanks - Shokrahn
Your welcome - Afuwam
How are you - Kaifa Halookah
I'm fine - Baheer, al-hamdu lilaah
if you need to say something in Arabic e-mail me!
Favorite thing: This is the Capital of Africa and Middle east, here you can find the only airport that has a Vip private parking area for the best jets you can imagine and donkeys in the streets taking all kind of supplies. The ancient egypt is kept in its musseums and in the Pyramids and also you have the best Metro System of all Africa. The most impressive is that a part of the city chaos it is possible to relax and enjoy silence besides all the crowd at some of the most impressive mosques of Muslim World: Ibn Tulum and Al Azahar.
Fondest memory: The 4 days I stayed there walking and walking. From Tahrir to the Citadel, Khan aljalil, Al ghouri, the City of the deaths, old cairo and new cairo,...
Just walk and enjoy local life and way of living. I adore that man at the entrance of his decrepit shop, maybe he has no clients for his old and dump stuff but he's still there looking the time passing by.
Relax and take it as it is....
Favorite thing: Relax and take it as it is.
Once you are used to it - you'll love it.
P.S.Try to learn some words in Arabic before you go.
Fondest memory: It's very difficult because there were millions of them.
But for example: a trip to my friend's villa in the desert, night horseriding around the piramids, a threedays trip by bike around Sinai...
Memories of Cairo
Favorite thing: People...this is boring to write....duh
Fondest memory: Walking out on the street in the evening...this is boring to write....duh
Fondest memory: The most important thing of Egypt is the always nice weather....except a sandstorm can make it a litlle awsfull, when you drive your camel true the dessert.
- Adventure Travel
It has been necessary to have...
Favorite thing: It has been necessary to have enough coins or small money . It always goes better when you can give a little tip called - BAKSCHISCH - !!!
Here my woman get toilettpaper !!
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Cairo Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Victor Harbour
- Gonzales Hotels
- Jhansi Hotels
- Portogruaro Hotels
- Kochi-ken Hotels