El Ezba, Cairo

4.5 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

Our group deciding what we want to eat
    Poor Tiger
    by RavensWing
  • Everywhere you go they try to sell you something
    Everywhere you go they try to sell you...
  • Prasnjavi's Profile Photo

"EL EZBA": Have a luch in the nature

by Prasnjavi Updated Mar 30, 2004

On our trip to Sakkara, we stopped in very nice restaurant "El Ezba". The nature around is fantastic. We had good local food served as buffet. We paid 25 Egyptian Pounds (7 E.P. = 1 Euro) per person. Drink is not included in the price.

• RavensWing's Profile Photo

El Ezba: Fresh Baked Pita Bread

by RavensWing Written Oct 7, 2013

Fresh Pita Bread

We had finished our tours of Sakara and Dashur and decided to stop in at the El Ezba Restaurant, which is also a resort for locals. There is a dining area that is below a roof, but there is a big wide open field where you could sit too. There is a buffet that costs about $7 or $8 and the food is delicious. You do have to buy your drinks here too, they are not included.

There was a man walking around with a baby tiger and you could pet it for a price! I really wanted to go and take it from him as the tiger couldn't walk. They carry them around all the time hoping tourists will pay to pet the tiger. It was sad to see the state of the tiger. The tiger did not look like it was very healthy.

When you take a nice stroll through the back area this is where you find 2 or 3 pools and lots of kids playing in them. There are also rooms for staying. Again I believe these rooms are for locals not for tourists. I could be wrong though.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish, well the warm pita bread was delicious to dip into the hummus and baba ghanoush, felafel, grilled chicken and beef. Thinking back there wasn't anything I didn't like while I was there. All the dishes were delicious.

• Zoo