Nile Restaurant, Cairo

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 5 Reviews

it is located in a boat on the Nile River

• Me and Cairo in behind (take my word for it)
    Me and Cairo in behind (take my word for...
    by Beograd
    Cruising the nile
    by daryll
    Oh right...moved to shady table
    by daryll
  • TheLongTone's Profile Photo

Nile Restaurant: Not a unique name

by TheLongTone Updated Feb 6, 2010

Nile restaurant? Is that the name of the restaurant or where it is? Anyway, either way I'm sure there's a wide choice.

The restaurant 'al-Nil' that I am talking about is situated on Sharia Bustan at the end of Maidan Falriki and is a fish restaurant.

A downstairs takeaway and dining room leads to an upstairs restaurant, so scrupulously clean that even the most saladphobic of tourists should be happy here: the tables are sprayed with cleaner and wiped down between customers and you're brought a box of tissues and mineral water.

A simple choice of a variety of fish fried or grilled and accompanying salads.

Although there is a (priced) menu I didn't know some of what was on offer, arabian transliterations of french words for kinds of fish or whatever, (languages, lord love us) and I think the prices quoted are the kilo prices rather than item for the beast in question, because on all the occasions I ate there the bill was less than a simple addition of items and add the tax gave. Given the general gentility and all of the place (those tissues!) remarkably cheap. A decent fish dinner for around 30 LE with all the bits, athough you could hog it and spend more.

Favorite Dish: Grilled fish, I think. Oh, I'll tell you after I've eaten my way through the menu. Twice.

• Nubian Village (in Cairo): Good Egyptian Food with a view to the Nile

by larsmdk Written Oct 22, 2009

There's a restaurant in Cairo I can recommend: It is the Nubian Village, which is part of the Hyatt hotel complex. The restaurant serves good Egyptian food and it is right on the bank of the Nile.

I don't know anything about the prices as I did not pay for the meal myself.

You cannot get alchohol, but you can get really nice fruit juice cocktails.

• Business Travel

• daryll's Profile Photo

Nile Restaurant: Dining by the Nile

by daryll Written Mar 16, 2006

Look at that view

Again, sitting on the floating restaurant while sipping a can of coke watching the lively city, enjoying the view of the nile while some calm and quiet boats and felucca passing through.
    WOW...what a luxury feeling....

• Cruise
    • Luxury Travel

• daryll's Profile Photo

Nile City Restaurant: Floating Restaurant by the Nile

by daryll Written Mar 16, 2006

Aiskh and the dips

My first impression is a WOW... seating on the floating restaurant with a perfect view of Nile and Cairo skyline is really awesome experience. While on the other side is a great view of Cairo Tower on Gezira Island.

I was really enjoying outdoor view until Gerard decided us to move to another much shady table as he complaining the glorious hot sun.

Favorite Dish: Aiskh also known as Pitta, normally served as part of your starter with fabulous dips from fresh yogurt and chives, sesame seed dip, or humus.

Grilled Chicken Kebab - taste of mix spices, coriander, lime and garlic. The most delicious grilled kebab ever tasted.

The only thing is that, most of dishes seems served with chips (im not sure is this a trend in Cairo or what)

Cost of the food is fairly cheap for UK standard, a can of Coke only cost 60ptrs and the bread only cost 70ptrs per piece and chicken only around LE15 if you to compare GBP1 equals to LE10

• Cruise

• Beograd's Profile Photo

"Nile Crystal": Nile, fantastic food, good music....

by Beograd Updated Mar 9, 2005

Me and Cairo in behind (take my word for it)

A dinner on the Nile is something you have to do while in Cairo. I went to a boat restaurant and the food was fantastic, but so was the music and everything else on it. I've already shown you some pics with belly dancer, but in here you can see (or at least my friend who took the picture thought it will be possible to see) the river behind me and bright lights of Cairo. When you combine all this, you can't make a mistake.

Favorite Dish: The food was very nice, adjusted to European taste but with sence of local "taste". What I liked the most was a dessert called "The Mother of Ally". It is sweetened milk with bread in it and nuts... Very simple, but delicious. I've been told that Ally's Mother used to feed him with this when he was a baby. Truth or not, I don't care because it is great!

• Sailing and Boating