Airplane, Cairo

Know about this? Rate It!

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Emirates Airlines

by machomikemd Updated Oct 21, 2013

We rode on Emirates Airlines in In Cairo bound to Dubai for our last leg of a Middle Eastern (we spend 1 week in Dubai touring and enjoying the sights) Jaunt of 3 weeks since emirates offers the best rates and with excellent service, even for economy. they have thrice daily flights to and from Cairo from their hub in Dubai using airbus A 330 planes.

Emirates Airline is the largest airline in the Middle East, operating over 3,000 flights per week from its hub at Terminal 3 of Dubai International Airport, to more than 130 cities in 77 countries across six continents. Emirates is one of the most sucessful legacy airline carriers in the world (since it is heavily subsidized by the government) and has the third largest in terms of passenger volume and is not a member of any airline alliance such as Sky Team or One World or Star Alliance. Emirates operates an exclusively wide-bodied aircraft fleet, composed of three aircraft families: the Airbus A330/A340, Airbus A380 and the Boeing 777.
    Emirates has one of the best cabin of all the airlines of the world and their ICE entertainment system is top notch.

their offices in Cairo are:

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Cairo International Airport

by machomikemd Written May 13, 2013
    outside

Cairo International Airport is the main gateway to Egypt and provides connecting flights to other destinations in egypt like Aswan, Taba, Luxor, Alexandria and more. It is the main hub of Egypt's National Airline Egypt Air and is composed of four terminals that are not interconnected, you need a shuttle bus to go to each terminals (which is free, provided by egypt airport transportation). It is the second busiest airport in africa. it has a variety of restaurants and duty free shops and souvenir shops inside the different terminals.

the airport is located in Heliopolis, 22 kilometers northeast of Central Cairo and is a 1 hour drive from the city.

address is: Qesm an Nuzhah Heliopolis,, Cairo Governorate, Egypt

• travelife's Profile Photo

Maerskair

by travelife Updated Apr 4, 2011

In many ways, Egypt travel becomes cheaper with a package deal which includes airfare plus internal transport plus hotel with breakfast while travelling in two. But now a days, cheap airline also operating to Cairo on a regular basis which can offer a price as low as one-third of the regular full price when booking online. Maerskair from Copenhagen have special deals in January and I paid only DKK 900 for a return ticket including taxes and charges.

• Study Abroad

• goutammitra's Profile Photo

Going to Cairo from India

by goutammitra Updated Dec 19, 2010

Rakhi & Munu getting down at Cairo International A

We took the comfortable Oman Air flight from Delhi International Terminal no 3 in the mornig to Muscat, from there after 3 hours transit period we took another Oman Air filght to Cairo International airport. The flight time from New Delhi to Muscat is 3 hrs for a distance of 1987 KMs. It flew over Karachi, Pakistan and gulf of Oman. They served very good breakfast during the flight.

The flight from Muscat to Cairo was for 4.15 hours for a distance 2900KMs. They served good meal during the flight.

• freddie18's Profile Photo

EgyptAir - A "Used to Be"

by freddie18 Written Sep 4, 2009
    EgyptAir

We had EgyptAir from Larnaca, Cyprus to Cairo, Egypt and from Egypt to U.S.A. Flying with EgyptAir nowadays is a nightmare. I used to fly with this airlines from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia more than a decade ago. It was always a pleasant trip. Ground and flight staff were personable and polite. The flight Stewards/Stewardesses had their very attractive uniform with very unique headdress. I did not see that on my latest and maybe the last flight with EgyptAir. Their personalities, their politeness, and their excellent customer support is a "Used to Be". Not anymore.
    I am flying back to Egypt with my Egyptian-Canadian friend to visit his extended family and see more of Egypt in places I did not have a chance to visit. I wish I could find other airlines better than EgyptAir. It was a very bad experience.

• Archeology
    • Cruise

• PierreZA's Profile Photo

Egypt Air

by PierreZA Written Apr 12, 2008

Transport

There are direct flights between Cairo and Johannesbur (code-share with SAA).
    This was my first time with Egypt Air. Despite hearing negative reports, I do think that this airline was quite satisfactory. (Much better than Olympic, SAA(economy class), & Delta, to name a few).
    Egypt Air will soon become a member of Star Alliance.

• Crowe's Profile Photo

Egyptair flight to Luxor

by Crowe Written Aug 19, 2007

We went ot Luxor as independent travellers. Flights from Cairo-Luxor are cheap. The plane we flew on was brand new.

Be warned that Cairo airport is a maze and make sure you have a copy of flight details, if you can get actual tickets this will be a bonus. We had an expedia e-ticket and trying to get them to validate this i the office was a task. I had the distinct impression that they were trying to con me. If in doubt kick up a stink and they will just want to get rid of you.

Dispite the usual backhander attitude (dont be put off by this its just they way of things) the flights are excellent. I would def fly Egyptair again.

• miman's Profile Photo

Cairo International Airport

by miman Written Aug 1, 2006

Cairo International Airport is the major civilian airport in Cairo, Egypt. It is the primary hub for EgyptAir. It is located to the northeast of Cairo, about 15 km from the downtown area. It is administered by the Cairo Airport Authority. A free shuttle bus links the two terminals, 3km (1.9 miles) apart. The bus runs 24 hours a day and departs approximately every 30 minutes.
    The Airport is connected to the city by two roads, the main access road is the Salah Salem Road that goes through Heliopolis from downtown and another secondary road, the Autostrad road.
    A new established Shuttle Bus service that reaches to several distinations such as Heliopolis: Nasr City, Downtown Cairo, Giza, Mohandesin, Zamalek, Maadi, Haram (Pyramids area).
    Taxis are available at any time, and operated on a flat fee basis. Official Cairo taxis are predominantly black and white. The Airport Bus Service both air-conditioned & non air-conditioned operates from Terminal 1. There are several stop bus stations; at Tahrir Square, downtown Cairo, Mohandesin, and along Pyramids Road in Giza . Entering the airport requires payment of a toll of 5 LE/3 hours for private cars and cabs.

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Gulf Air from Singapore to CaIro

by Sambawalk Updated May 13, 2006

I flew Gulf air from Singapore to Bahrain (8 hours) with stopover and then from Bahrain to Cairo (3 hours) for this trip to Egypt.

Gulf air is the second after, Emirates airlines, from Middle East that I have flown. I found the services is minimal in the Economy class and the food on board are quite undesirable. I flew Emirates twice before (one Syria and the other to Morocco) and I found meals served in Emirates airlines are much better. The seating are smaller in Gulf air, in my opinion. No wet towel is served throughout the whole flight. All passengers have to use dirty hands to touch the bread (which is dry and cold). The meals are simple and tasteless. Look at the meal pics and see if that is the kind of in-flight meal you want. Sigh. This is not the airline I want to fly again unless I have no choice. Rating for food and general services: Poor

• Domestic flights in Egypt

by istanbulcityboy Written Dec 24, 2005

The airplane I took..An Airbos 320-200

There is a huge price discrimination on Egyptair domestic flights in Egypt. It is extremely cheap for locals and residents and extremely expensive for foreigners...

Here is an example:

I called the Egyptair office in Istanbul for a return ticket between Cairo and Sharm and was quoted 103 Euros return. I thought it was an OK deal so decided to buy once I was in Cairo. When I went to their office at the airport, I was quoted 165 Euros for the same ticket...

My Egyptair flight attendant friend told me that the tickets are cheaper outside Egypt to attract tourists. And once you are actually in Egypt, they dont care anymore...

I decided to take a bus which was supposed to take 6 hours but took 8.5 hoyrs and was the WORST experience of my life....

So I decided to take a flight back to Cairo. I went to the Egyptair office in Sharm to get a one way ticket and was quoted 110 Euros. I had to buy it was I didnt want to take the bus again...

In short....Buy your domestic flights from your own countries and not in Egypt!!!

• Singles
    • Study Abroad

• CandS's Profile Photo

Getting There!

by CandS Written Nov 7, 2005

Thai Airways plane

We took an aeroplane from London to Cairo via Frankfurt. It took around 1.5 hours from London to Frankfurt then 3.5 hours from Frankfurt to Cairo. We flew Lufthansa...of our 11 flights they were probably lower on the scale than the others (although we had what looked like a brand new plane to Cairo).

We flew out of Cairo to Bangkok via Dubai... It took around 3.5 hours to Dubai flying with Singapore Airlines (the best airline in my opinion) and about 6.5 hours to fly Dubai to Bangkok with Thai Airways.

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo

Visiting from Australia...

by Gwynneth Updated Jun 21, 2005

Has to be seen to be believed!

Singapore Airlines is the way to go... the service, generous supply of inflight movies and games kept me entertained while the itinerary of our flight path from Perth to Singapore, Singapore to Dubai, Dubai to Cairo, let me know how much longer I had until touch down and my 14.5 hour journey would be complete!

• Architecture

• Ruai's Profile Photo

Airport departures are confusing

by Ruai Written Mar 27, 2005

Leaving from Cairo airport can be confusing. Most international departures go from Terminal 2, except Egypt Air which goes from Terminal 1. While Terminal 1 is reasonably modern its not very well organised and expect it to be a hassle to get through security checks and find your checkin counter. This is definitely an airport to give yourself plenty of time for checkin

• vigi's Profile Photo

Hong Kong - Cairo

by vigi Written Oct 12, 2004

I took Gulf Air from Hong Kong to Cairo. 10 hours from Hong Kong to Abu Dhabi (stop over Bangkok). Sleep one nite in Abu Dhabi, then catch another flight to Cairo, another 3.5 hour.

Have not been flying with Gulf air for 9 years, suprisingly they have improved a lot in the service. They now provide different languages speaking crews on flight. And the BEST part was that they put me to BUSINESS CLASS!!! That make my 10 hours so much easier!!!

• saraheg77's Profile Photo

Take a picture of your first steps!

by saraheg77 Written May 22, 2004

First Steps in Egypt!

When you arrive at Cairo International Airport, you'll most likely have to take a tram to the actual terminal. This gives you an excellent opportunity to take a picture of your first steps in Egypt! So, have your camera ready when you get off the plane!

• Archeology