Massawa Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by chrisbilal

Most Recent Restaurants in Massawa

• chrisbilal's Profile Photo

Mohammed's Fish house: Not much selection, but what a catch!

by chrisbilal Written Jan 12, 2010

The restraunt was small and unassuming. Inside two men were cooking fish inside an inset oven, almost like an Indian Tandoor.

Selection? Your choice was big fish or little fish . . but wow - this place was amazing.

Favorite Dish: What's to say?

• alayola's Profile Photo

intersting quisine.

by alayola Updated Nov 9, 2007

Ok how do I get this started, I eat in a few diferent places, food is overall pretty good here, in one restaurant I had what was descrived as a traditional burger, I didn't know burgers were tradiotional here, lol, anyways the meat was more then likely camel meat, just because I didn't see a lot of cattle around, but did see lots of camels.
    Interesting thing that I noticed, I was eating with a friend and we order a couple of coke's and we got the, ok so far, we were handed 2 glasses, ok and then the server left. ok right, wenot really no ice in the glasses and the coke's were not really cold. So we asked for ice and sure they gave us ice but it was interesting, we had to not just ask for it but the server put one cube per glas, so we had to kep asking till we got about 3 each. needles to say that was rather strange, untill you start to think about it and ice really is a comodity here, a city in the desert with limited resources.this one incident asaide everything was real good.

Favorite Dish: Most food we eat here was pretty good, even if we were not sure what we were eating.

Instant Answers: Massawa

Comments

Massawa Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Massawa restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Massawa sightseeing.