Busua Travel Guide

Splashing the obruni(white man)
    Having fun
    Cute beach kid

Busua Things to Do

Cute beach kid 4 more images

by lemondrop Written Aug 7, 2009

I was the only foreigner around during the 2 days that I spent at the beach. Of course the local kids will go nuts over you, and if you have a digital camera and show them their photos...super nuts.

• Beaches

• frankie10's Profile Photo

by frankie10 Written Sep 13, 2003

If you visit Busua, ask the local fisherman to take you to the Abowka Island. It´s a very small Island just a couple of hundred meter out in the sea.

• Adventure Travel
    • Eco-Tourism

• Busua Hotels

0 Hotels in Busua

Busua Restaurants

Tasty veg soup 1 more image

by lemondrop Written Aug 7, 2009

The African Rainbow's nice restaurant serves very good food and is nicely decorated with African artwork. Service is friendly as well.

• by lawtrekkie Updated Dec 19, 2007

These are all excellent places to eat. Alaska is a larger reggae bar along the beach. Peter's is a tiny place with about 3 tables. You need to ask how to find him and his place, but it's worth it. You put your order in for fish in the morning or the night before and you get itfresh. Nana is a local legend. We went down to Busua having been informed that we had to eat at Nana's. Again, just ask someone where to find him and they'll point you in the right direction. Have some fish and suace and don't forget to write a message on the wall.

Favorite Dish: Everything is great!

• Study Abroad

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Busua? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Busua Warnings and Dangers

• by Djamilla Written Sep 4, 2008

I have felt like I was not in control of my own destiny only a few times; this happened in Busua. If you go swimming, please stay within reach of the ocean floor and do not underestimate the power of the currents. I thought I had control and was shoulder deep in the waters. I could still touch and was riding waves in to the coast on a board. But the currents kept pulling me out and, soon enough, I wasn't able to touch and I was feeling very tired. The board was a false sense of security, but the truth of the matter was that I had lost control. I struggled to get back out of the water and even thought "this is it....I am not going to make it." I wasn't the only one who felt defeated by the waters in Busua; many people on my trip had similar experiences. So, please take my lesson seriously. The waters are strong in Busua and you will get pulled out of control if you try to swim too deep.

Busua Off The Beaten Path

• frankie10's Profile Photo
    Ghana forts

by frankie10 Written Sep 13, 2003

If you take 30 minutes walk from Busua to the neighbourvillage Butre you´ll find Fort Batenstein. It´s located on a high hill with an astonishing view over the costline.

• Architecture
    • Archeology

Busua Sports & Outdoors

Catching a tasty wave

by lemondrop Updated Aug 7, 2009

Busua is a surfable beach, so if you have the itch, there is a surf shack here where you can rent boards. Of course you could do like the local kids and lay on a piece of plywood...watch out for splinters.

Equipment: The surf shack on the beach has a small variety of boards for rent. The cost is around $10 for a couple of hours.

• Beaches
    • Surfing

Busua Favorites

• by lawtrekkie Written Dec 19, 2007

Favorite thing: Everyone in Busua is incredibly friendly. However, they won't become friends with you unless you reach out to them. They commented to us (three white girls) that they don't make friends often with the white women who come through Busua because the women don't talk to them. Once we were friendly, sat down and had some beers with them, we saw another side of Busua. The fishermen took us out to Abokwa Island for the local price, less then half of what they usually charge tourists, suggestions on hidden shops and restaraunts were provided and an evening of music and dancing was arranged for us by our new friends, where we met more people. Make friends with the people of Busua and you'll have a much more fulfilling experience!

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Busua

Comments

Map of Busua