Accra Restaurants

WOK INN - AT ACCRA AIRPORT
    by DAO

Best Rated Restaurants in Accra

• DAO's Profile Photo

CASA DIVA: WOW ! GUINEA FOWL !

by DAO Updated Oct 8, 2012

CASA DIVA - GUINEA FOWL

When I first walked into Casa Diva for lunch, I was greeted warmly and a nice table was arranged for me. The first thing I noticed was how wonderful the décor was. The second thing I noticed was the owner, a wonderful lady named Fauziya, speaking on the phone with one of her suppliers. She was telling them that the Guinea Fowls they had been providing were too small and that they would not be using them again. That’s when I realised I was about to dine in a classy place that takes its food, atmosphere and customers seriously. My cold beer arrived swiftly and my chicken pizza was one of the best pizzas I have ever had.

Fauziya checked several times to make sure my service from her staff and my food was all in order. She then invited me to come back in the evening for their roast Guinea Fowl. How could I resist?

I didn’t.

When I arrived in the evening I saw the outside grill man making takeaway kebabs for passing customers and that looked very good. When I went inside I watched the staff at work. Wow. I was greeted warmly by a waited I had not met before. I was shown to a waiting table, small snacks appeared instantly and my drink order was taken. Only then was I given a menu to look at. Whilst I looked over the menu and waited for my beer – I saw Fauziya and here husband Larry greeting every customer. They were everywhere insuring customers were happy, that the staff were doing everything possible and that everyone was enjoying their evening. My cold beer was produced and I ordered the Guinea Fowl of course! When I went to wash my hands, I came back to find one of Casa Diva’s signature services. My beer coaster was placed on top of my beer to keep things out. Not that you ever have to worry in a restaurant that is hospital clean. Although a fly might get in here.

Fauziya saw me and came over and welcomed me back. She is a really nice lady and she spoke to me for a while. She is from the north of Ghana and she wants to make Casa Diva a fantastic restaurant where customers will love to dine again and again. Job well done Fauziya!

My waiter came to take me to my table a few minutes later and get me another beer of course. Then they brought me an absolutely huge plate of wonderful food. Delicious Guinea Fowl grilled to perfection mixed with onions and peppers. It was served with delicious spicy rice and a fresh salad. It was spicy, but in a tasty and not hot temperature wise. There was a small dish of very hot sauce served on the side so you can raise the temperature if you want to.

This is one of the best meals and restaurants in Africa. Just a totally great experience. If you only have one night in Accra Ghana – tell the taxi to bring you here.

Larry even offered to drive me back to my hotel as I was a Tourist and had been drinking beer. They are just awesome people and the staff they employee are great as well.

Favorite Dish:
    Roast (and grilled) Guinea Fowl with some ice cold Star beers, and the free snacks they bring you. Also great pizzas.

• Business Travel

• flynboxes's Profile Photo

Frankie's: Expat heaven

by flynboxes Written Apr 4, 2010

While a bit over priced this place is popular with the local expat population and the middle class locals. A/C works and plenty of TVs on the wall to watch your favorite match.

Favorite Dish: Not that expensive but not that cheap compared to other places. They have a little bit over everything including beer. Service here is a bit faster than most places in the city. If you are trying to get your CI visa then swing by here if you need to cool off.

• doggy-dog's Profile Photo

odo rice...: if your in accra DONT MISS.......

by doggy-dog Written May 20, 2009

get your taxi to bring you to ODO RICE in ASYLUM DOWN
    and tell them to wait while you get your food...(should take 5 minutes...)
    then get back in your cab and go home and eat..

Favorite Dish: JOLLOF and chicken and plantaines...yummmmmmmmm

• DAO's Profile Photo

WOK INN: CHINESE AT THE AIRPORT

by DAO Updated Oct 17, 2012

WOK INN - AT ACCRA AIRPORT

I first saw the Wok Inn as I came out of the airport with my bags looking for a taxi or other ground transport. I was a little surprised to see this eating establishment since it is essentially a sit down restaurant at the major exit of a large airport. I did notice it looked busy though. I did manage to finally 'Wok Inn' to this fine little establishment my last night in Accra. I had a night flight and arrived early. I was a little bit hungry and walked outside after checking my bags in. The lone staff member behind the counter was very nice and quickly organised my cold Star beer and took my order of Garlic Chicken. I heard him speak to the man in the kitchen and I could hear a wok going into action.

A few minutes later I had a lovely garlic chicken, and boiled rice. It tasted great. The dish itself was spicy both in flavour and just a slight bit of temperature. There was added hot sauce for those of you wanting a lot of heat. The chicken was fresh, the onions and peppers were full of flavour and the garlic just right. My meal was 15 Cedi (about $6 or 4 Euro).

I have to say this is actually a great little restaurant and 100 times better than any other food in the airport. Either before or after security.

So at Accra International Airport - get in here! The best food is here.

• Singles
    • Business Travel

• georeiser's Profile Photo

Next Door: Next Door Restaurant

by georeiser Updated Feb 24, 2011

Next Door Restaurant in Accra

Next Door Beach Resort has a large outdoor restaurant with a stage/dance floor. It's a popular and lively entertainment spot with live band every Friday, or for weddings, parties and other special occasions.

I am sorry to say I was fooled by the waiter one day I ate breakfast. He had worked here so many years, but was nevertheless tempted to take a higher price and not give me back the exchange. I guess he though I was a walk-in customer, an Obruni who didn't care. The breakfast was twice the price.

Favorite Dish: They serve Ghanaian dishes like Fufu, Jollof or Banku with Goat, Chicken, Beef, Fish, Snails or Bushmeat. Others dishes include Red Red, Okra Stew, Tilapia, etc.
    The Continental dishes include Seafood (Fish, Octopus, Lobster), Chicken, Beef, Salad, Rice, Chips, Pasta, Pizza, Khebab, etc.

The bar is stocked with a wide range of spirits, local and imported beers, cocktails, wines, fruit juices and soft drinks.

• Beer Tasting

• georeiser's Profile Photo

Asanka Locals Chop Bar: Asanka Locals Chop Bar

by georeiser Written Feb 24, 2011

Asanka Locals Chop Bar, Accra

Asanka Locals Chop Bar is a local restaurant where they sell of colorful dishes from all places in Ghana. It's a place to eat, drink and hang out with the family.
    Music is also an important part of a chop bar, and live music comes from the inside stage. The prices are mid range.

Favorite Dish: The basic food in Ghana often consists of soup with stew, or spicey palmoil with meat or fish. Essential for the chop bar is the food and the beer.

• Beer Tasting

• Chick 'n' lick...

by shahiddisu Written Aug 26, 2002

Chick 'n' lick 'n'
    At Chic 'n' Lick 'n' you always get the best International food with drinks and good music.
    It pric e is very moderate unlike places that they charge exuberantly.

Favorite Dish: Shrimps Cocktail.
    It has international appetite

• kwasi's Profile Photo

Backpassers: Backpassers It´s near...

by kwasi Updated Sep 19, 2002

Backpassers It´s near highstreet and you sit in the first floor without a roof above your head. Here is typical ghanaian food served and you get here very good african barbeque

Favorite Dish: kebeb is here very god, but youu should tale it as a sidedish. it are versmall portions.

Lalibela: Ethiopian restaurant.

by Alpha_Ghana Updated May 5, 2004

Lalibela
    Ethiopian restaurant.
    Price are ranging 25.000 - 35.000 cedis, but you share it.

Favorite Dish: Take the mix of all dishes.
    Dishes are suitable of at least two. It is served on a very large plate with a kind of local pancake and several meat or vegetable.
    Very delicious.
    Ask for the cafe and tea to end a meal. The ceremonial is lovely.

Brunchie: Nice place in Osu

by Alpha_Ghana Updated May 3, 2004

Some small tables, two pool tables, video games. Don't go there after 6:30 PM, too many small boys playing and making noise.

Favorite Dish: Some fast food restaurant, but good quality.
    On cantonments Road, what they call Accra Oxford Street, there are a lot of Lebabese who run fast food restaurant. Menu are as infect as our Mc Do.
    Brunchie is good and offers the best ice creams in town.

I visited Brunchie again in 2004: the place is not anymore like before. managers are no anymore behind the bar and so, food quality has decreased together with ambiance.
    Ice cream has also lost quality.

La Chaumiere: Best restaurant of Accra

by Alpha_Ghana Updated May 3, 2004

The best French restaurant of Accra.

Favorite Dish: A lot of different French dishes. Nice atmosphere, in fact very cold since they play too much with the Airco. Only rich expatriates and diplomats, Bill is never below the 150 USD.

Frankie's: Italian French and Lebanese

by Alpha_Ghana Updated May 6, 2004

FRANKIE'S
    Italian and French dishes
    Everybody knows this big white building in the centre of Cantonments road in OSU.
    Everybody goes there at night fall to eat an ice cream.

Frankie's has now lost its supremacy in Osu. There were almost the first in the area and had a lot of people at all times. However, today there are far better bakeries, ice cream shops, pizza restaurants, etc.
    It is not anymore a must.

Favorite Dish: They had the best pizze, but it is not anymore the case. They also had the best viennoiseries and ice cream, but quality has really fallen down whilst prices were raising up drastically.

• Swiss_Yalcin's Profile Photo

Go to the Restaurant Papaya in...

by Swiss_Yalcin Updated Aug 26, 2002

Go to the Restaurant Papaya in the Osu District in Accra. In Osu you can find several good restaurants.
    But the Papaya serves ghanaian food. Very clean and nice Restaurant. Friendly staff. English Menu. Try the Chicken Dishes. They are very delicious. One dish costs about $2-3.

Le Borsalino: French food, close to Macumba

by Alpha_Ghana Updated May 11, 2004

French food: Le Borsalino, located off Danquah Circle. They speak French and English. Very good food and nice French wines.
    Te manageress is from Chad, married to a French.

Real French atmosphere, Togolese waiters, a place where you hear more French than English in the country.

Favorite Dish: As main dish, I often take the
    tournedos sauce roquefort, unique in Ghana.

The cellar is well furbished with French and South African wines.

When the captain of the French soccer team is in Ghana, he uses to go there. (He was a Ghanaian before).

Paloma Arcade: Paloma Arcade

by Alpha_Ghana Updated May 11, 2004

When you go there, ask for a good drink: a fresh pineapple juice
    (And it is cheaper than a coke.
    Food is excellent and cheap.

Favorite Dish: You have several kitchens in which they prepare European and Ghanaian food.

You have a restaurant and take away for Ghana dishes like fufu, banku, akple konkonte.

A good music, nice waiters, and sometimes live bands.

Instant Answers: Accra

Comments

Accra Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Accra restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Accra sightseeing.