Conakry Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Conakry

Genesia: Party Party

by africateach Written Sep 27, 2005

Night Club

This is a nice place to go and shake your booty! Most people that come here are for the music! They usually start off slow (about 10pm) and really pick up at around 1am! The music is good! They play everything from local music, to the stuff you would hear on the radio at home. Although the music is a little older than top 40 stuff by about 5 yrs! They have a bar you can sit at or some couches (if you can get there early enough) to sit on.

Dress Code: Everyone here goes out on the weekend, so dressing up is a weekend extravaganza!!! Some people really take it to a new level! Beautiful looking women that wear very very very nice gowns and skirts!!!

• Music

Moulin Rouge: Lebanese Bar

by africateach Written Mar 29, 2005

I had only hear about this place and visited it on curiosity alone! The rumors were true indeed!
    This bar is owned and operated by Lebanese people. Not that it is a bad thing at all.... but they are not happy with outsiders there and try to charge you with an outrageous door fee!
    There are mostly Lebanese people with TOO MANY women there looking for... well... you know!
    I would not go back, because usually I am stared at for being white by the locals, but being watched like a hawk by these people made me very uncomfortable and unwelcome.
    Some of the students here are Lebanese. I spoke with them about it, and even they said they did not like it because of that very fact!

Dress Code: If you are not Lebanese or there to make money... not a plesant experience.

• Singles

Le Transit: Local Bar

by africateach Written Mar 29, 2005

I have passed by this bar a hundred times on my way somewhere else. It looks like the little dive/hole in the wall bar you would expect to be running away from, but just the opposite. I walked in there and did not have to pay cover charge... well, not at first. As I make my way in, it is small and very HOT! People are dancing the night away to the local music and having a great time! I get to the bar and the bouncer (of sorts) taps me on the shoulder and asks for a beer as payment for my admission. Well, I was just a little more than already tipsy, so I said sure! This made his night!! So, after that, I continued to watch people dance and drink my beer! A good time for those that are on their way to somewhere else!

Dress Code: A come as you are place with few ex-pats, not a lot of sitting room and very cramped, but welcoming! Never once was I bothered or harrassed!

• Singles

• africateach's Profile Photo

all bars: Party till the break of dawn

by africateach Written Aug 15, 2004

If you are looking for fun on the weekend in Conakry... BARS!!! NUFF SAID!!!
    To start the evening at about 10pm, you will want to go to Bembay's. It is where EVERYONE starts the evening. There is a decent DJ and the owners are very friendly. It is really easy to make friends with all the owners of the nightclubs... just show your money!!! The club has just expanded its small area. It is more roomy and less smoky now!
    Ok, so it is about 12 or maybe 1am... time to switch pace. If you are still in the mood for dancing, 36:15 is the place to go. The crowd is not as (hookish!!!) and the people really go to dance and have fun. Plus if you are hungry afterwards, there is a shwarma place that serves good stuff.

Now if you are looking for a little crazier time... TImis is the place for a man with nothing to loose! I will admit I have been there and it is not the place that I would tell my mother about!!!

The whole nightclub experience lasts till about 4 or 5am and then it is time to sleep!!!

Taxis are not very expensive if you argue and they love to pick up americans when they are drunk.. not to rip off, but to get a little more money.

Dress Code: Come as you are!!!

Instant Answers: Conakry

Comments

Conakry Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Conakry nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Conakry sightseeing.