Mombasa Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Mombasa

• muguruki's Profile Photo

Istanbul

by muguruki Written Oct 12, 2007

Istanbul was the best bar in Mombasa but sadly shut up shop 15 years ago!

And I still miss the place. How sad is that! Last time I passed where it used to be the plot was still abandoned no one has touched the place for all these years, a real shame.

• Squinchez's Profile Photo

Bars: Taarab - Live perfomance

by Squinchez Written Jul 12, 2007

Mombasa is usually lively at night with lots of live music perfomance. The most common one is Taarab which is kind of swahili folk music traditionally played. Its more about storytelling ethics and modern culture. attending a perfomance in any bar or club will immediately give a sense of energy as big swahilli women dance to the tune. They are mostly known to be best in dancing this kind of music.

Dress Code: casual

• Forty Thieves: Beach Party

by kevinabraham Written Feb 10, 2007

Really brilliant spot, on Diani Beach, South Coast, below Mombassa. Pub and dancefloor set next to the sand on a lovely beach. Good crowd of locals and travellers having drinks, simple food, dancing, or just chilling at the water's edge.
    Never aggro,always friendly.

Dress Code: Come as you are

• Study Abroad

• ajayzener's Profile Photo

New Florida Night Club: Disco by the Sea

by ajayzener Written Jan 8, 2007

New Florida Nightclub & Casino Mama Ngina Drive, overlooking the ocean. It is about 2 Km drive from the center of the city. The Disc is roomy and big. This place is crowded with dancers during the weekends. It has a nice terrace which extends to the sea and little away from the thumping music. Plenty taxis are available to and fro to the club.
    (free entry until 7.30pm; open from 6pm)

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Safari Inn: Most relaxing atmosphere

by croisbeauty Updated Oct 13, 2006

Safari Inn & our Maasai friends

"Safari Inn" is night club in the Shanzu village, in a walking distance from the hotel resort. According to the our hotel manager, it is the place which the white people shouldn't visit at all, declaring it as a very dangerous place. We went there in order to see with our own eyes what is so dangerous in that club and it was very pleasant surprise. In the following nights I visited it many times and have never had any kind of unconviniences. The locals were very friendly to all of us, in particularly group of Maasai guys who became our friends.
    The very first night we have find out what is so dangerous in Safari Inn, the beer is very cheap here and cost one third of the price we paid in our hotel bars.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Bob's: Live African music

by croisbeauty Updated Oct 13, 2006

Bob's night-club

Actually the name of this night-club is "Murphys Irish Pub", but everybody call is just Bob's. It is situated in Bamburi area, five minutes by taxi from our hotel in Shanzu. The local bend performs live, both African and pop music, and they are talented musicians.
    I was in particularly fascinated by local boyz and girls who have rhytm in their blood. All of them dance very good in perfect harmony with the rhytm of the music.
    We were here second night after ariving to Kenya with a group of friends from our hotel and the local couple who show us around, having great time.

• Akunda Farmers Club: Young Farmers Club

by hurghadalady Written Jan 4, 2005

Nightclub is a loose translation. Whatever you do, don't visit the toilets if you are female. Absolutely disgusting unless you can hold your breath for about 5 minutes.

Local music, local people, friendly.

If you with someone local it is okay, but I wouldn't recommend going there on your own.

Dress Code: Whatever you are happy in.

• Mamba Village: Lets Party

by rayet_uk Written Nov 24, 2004

Mamba Village is a huge farm that breeds crocs. During the day visitors tour the farm to see the crocs, botanical gardens and snake park.

Theres also a Sports Bar and restuarant on site open till 11pm, with huge screens to watch the football.

The park shuts at 7pm and then the nightclub opens, this is one of Africa's biggest open air night club, hosting the most amazing laser light shows in East Africa.

Dress Code: No shorts allowed!

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

royal courts hotel bar on th 6th floor: golden sunsets

by call_me_rhia Written Nov 15, 2003

the beautiful sunset

Let's face it: I did not bother too much looking for nightlife in Mombasa... I was most happy with admiring an amazing sunset from the bar on the 6th floor of the royal courts hotel sipping a passion fruit juice. I went for a walk in the old town later on at night but - even if beautiful - it could not compare with that sunset beauty

Dress Code: No dress code in particular. I was wearing my swimsuit

Instant Answers: Mombasa

Comments

Mombasa Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Mombasa nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mombasa sightseeing.