Mombasa Sports & Outdoors

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Fishing

by croisbeauty Updated Oct 18, 2006

fisherman in early morning

There are number of pitoresque catamaran-boats along the Shanzu beach, offering fishing in the area. This boats didn't look very safe to me and besides the bottom is full of water which couldn't convinced me to try it. More than fishing, I was interested in taking some pictures from the water front but didn't dare it being affraid that my camera might finished in the sea-water.

• Snorkelling

by hurghadalady Written Jan 4, 2005

Not to be missed is a diving or snorkelling trip. I would suggest getting a local boat instead of going on an 'organised' trip.

I did both and the local knowledge wins every time. I was taken away from the rest of the snorkellers and divers and had an amazing time.

The coral as rich and vibrant in colour, hasn't been spoiled by tourists yet and as they are always in quite deep water, there is no danger of them being walked upon.

I have never seen such big angel fish before.

• Scuba with professionals

by zeezeebythesea Written Jan 15, 2008

Had an amazing few days diving with Buccaneer Diving. They are a great outfit based at Whitesands (where I was) and some other hotels on the coast I think. (they picked up a couple of other divers on my last trip.
    They have about 20 dive sites, but some you have to have additional qualifications to dive them. NOt a problem because they offer the courses and are a PADI 5* centre.

Just nice team, good training.

• Spa and Resort
    • Water Sports
    • Diving and Snorkeling

Instant Answers: Mombasa

Comments

Mombasa Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Mombasa sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mombasa sightseeing.