Don Dol Travel Guide

by Waylon

Don Dol Things to Do

• Waylon's Profile Photo

by Waylon Written Dec 29, 2003

Don Dol Game Reserve was a jewel to visit for me. This was my first time on a safari and if you're a avid photographer then there is no better place to catch an unchanged world and animals as they are meant to live and be viewed, in the wild. There are many types of animals to see, some I've never even seen before and this does not even compare at all with a zoo! There is nothing better than seeing animals in their own habitat.
    Although there are numerous game reserves and many oppurtunities to view the wildlife through various safari organisations, it was the Don Dol Game Reserve that I visited. I'm sure any of the many safari tours are as good as any other. I would recommend if in Kenya then a must see activity has to be a safari. This above all else is a must do-must see.

Zebras
    • Camping
    • Safari
    • Photography

Don Dol Off The Beaten Path

• Waylon's Profile Photo

by Waylon Written Dec 16, 2003

Travelling throughout Kenya was enjoyable. best to get away from the cities and people to really experience it. If it's wildlife you want to see there are many excursions and groups that offer these but I set up my own and was lucky enough to sort of freelance throughout the area and see what I wanted to, this to me is the best way to travel anywhere.
    A good area to see for me was the Don Dol reserve area in Kenya. It's amazing to see all the African wildlife in it's own enviroment and moving around freely. Driving in a open top jeep along a dusty road with giraffes running alongside at tremendous speeds is something one cannot explain, it needs to be seen, experienced.
    I would say be careful though and do not stray far from a vehicle or safety. Some tour guides carry arms and I would say this is a wise idea. Abide by the rules and you'll have a great experience.

Masai Warrior
    • Photography
    • Desert
    • Safari

Instant Answers: Don Dol

Comments

Don Dol Travel Guide
Map of Don Dol