Tsavo National Park West What to Pack

• What to Pack
    by easterntrekker

Best Rated What to Pack in Tsavo National Park West

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Pack Light but take the essentials

by easterntrekker Updated Mar 31, 2010

Luggage and bags: Backpacks are the best. The luggage is thrown in the back of an open jeep between lodges and ends up beng covered in dust . You need something compact and durable.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: We took lightweight travel pants, hats and shirts. No formal clothes needed here. Light jackets are good as the safaris start early and it can be chilly. Take lots of plastic bags they are good to protect electronics .We were happy we took a scarf to cover our mouths as its soooo dusty.
    Comfortable shoes ( runners) and sandles. leave expensive jewellery home!!

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: The lodges have soap , shampoo and sometimes sunscreen . Take a small medi pack and necessary prescriptions Malaria pills etc. No pharmacies in sight.

Photo Equipment: We didn't need big zoom lens , for the most part the animals are pretty close.

• Seniors
    • Safari

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

I hate mozzies

by BorneoGrrl Updated Aug 28, 2007

Luggage and bags: A small to medium size bag is preferred because you'll have to lug the thing around from one safari park to the next. I also carried to backpack for extra stuff

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Be prepared for all weather, be it extreme heat, cold mornings and wet seasons. A pair of comfortable walking shoes, a light jacket, hat & cotton clothes are best. I've seen people going on safari with heels, imagine that!

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: I never leave home without sunscreen especially when I'm going to spend most of the time outdoors. Mozzie repellent is also a must here

• National/State Park
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Photography

Instant Answers: Tsavo National Park West

Comments

Tsavo National Park West What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Tsavo National Park West what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tsavo National Park West sightseeing.

View all Tsavo National Park West hotels