Ambodifasina Travel Guide

• It could serve as a beer-keeper: to have it fresh!
    It could serve as a beer-keeper: to have...
  • Cute ruined
    Cute ruined "cottage"
    by Norali
    One of most spectacular sunsets

Ambodifasina Things to Do

Picknicking is a Malagasy custom ! 1 more image

by Norali Updated May 25, 2006

Some party planner in my family uses to have the right connections when it comes to party & meeting locations. He then told us about a possibility to rent a property for a day & hold our gathering there. Shaded yard, on the banks of a lake, some sport courts & nice surroundings. Just brilliant !

Too bad I cannot show you all the pictures because there are peoples'faces on them. And they don't like to have theirs posted on the web.

So, we had the pinetree-shaded yard for us, the volley court, the tennis court (I'll bring my racket next year as we opted this site as the perennial location of our May 1st gathering). There was a possibility to use the large round table in the patio (could hold 20 people). Still, it was not large enough to hold our al fresco lunch. Instead, we brought our mats, strong fabrics, plaids. On the main picture, the "drinks booth". We had our "meal booth" as well. The numerous remaining mats were used to sit on. Malagasy people are used to picknicking this way.

There was some taps with running water in the yard although toilets were à la turque (in a little hut with just a whole). No electricity for us but the batteries of the cars were enough to play loud music from the back of the cars. It held all we needed (computer for the deejaying program, amplifiers....).

I think there should be more comfy properties to rent by the lake, but this one was sufficient.
    Because the owner of the property was a friend of my cousin, we nearly had our gathering there for free (we gave just about 6-7 euros for the day).

• School Holidays

• Norali's Profile Photo
    Sunsets in Ambodifasina, where else ?

by Norali Written May 25, 2006

This is the most obvious of things-to-not-miss in the area: watching sunsets.

Whatever you do during the day (I was partying, partying & partying!), seize the instant to attend this solar spectacle ! He is dying, dying, to renew again the following morning.. but what a beautiful death!

I live 3 kilometers east of Ambodifasina, use to see some gorgeous sunsets.. but Ambodifasina has this lake that houses the show... the play of light on its surface, the red caressing rays warming the water.

Some yellow, some orange, some red, some fauve shades... where is Vinnie to paint this ?

• Adventure Travel

• Ambodifasina Hotels

0 Hotels in Ambodifasina

Ambodifasina Favorites

Ambodifasina sunsets

by Norali Written May 25, 2006

Favorite thing: Ambodifasina is a rural village near Ivato airport. The lake separates it from the international airport. A cousin of mine lives in this village & I first stepped on its soil in January. It took another cousin (a real partyer & efficient partyplanner) to get the right connection & allow us to hold our gathering in another property, this time, by the lake. What can I say ? we rented a property & had our time.. but pretty sure I am, other properties by the lake would offer similar services.

Oh! in fact, the setting allows that... a lake that allows you to look Westward & enjoy the magnificent sunsets. Listen how a newly "sunset" converted talks !

Fondest memory: Away from Ambodifasina, I miss the gorgeous sunsets !

Whatever you do during the day (I was partying, partying & partying!), stop to attend this solar spectacle ! He is dying, dying, to renew again the following morning.. but what a beautiful death!

Some yellow, some orange, some red, some fauve shades, some purple... where is Vinnie to paint this ?

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: Ambodifasina

Comments

Ambodifasina Travel Guide
Map of Ambodifasina