Mahajanga Restaurants

Seating
    Vintage Vehicle at the Park oppsite

Most Recent Restaurants in Mahajanga

• Norali's Profile Photo

Chez Caron: Don't miss Beignets de crevettes !

by Norali Updated Jun 12, 2005

Not Village Touristique but Amborovy

Chez Caron is located in Village Touristique, where, in the contrary to the beach around the baobab tree & along Corniches, one can have access to sea. I didn't swim for being told it was better in Amborovy, a destination of ours after the noon lunch. Just played with the waves, collected shells (I have my box of Mahajanga shells in my apartment in Brussels. Still don't know what to do with them :)

It is part of "Hôtel-Restaurant de La Plage". They claim to let you have your lunch whilst having your feet in the sand.. hmm.. Check the website and see, it is possible if you choose the terrace. As for us, we chose the interior and.. no feet in the sand. Next time whenever I return for those prawn doughs. ;-) Can you imagine having your diner with this scenery ? Though the picture shows Amborovy area, having a diner while watching the sun setting on the sea should be nice wherever you are. And this terrace at Chez Caron seems promising.

OK... the cuisine(s)... Prawn doughs are Chinese dish. But the restaurant serves French and Chinese food (rather Cantonese, I guess). For French food in Madagascar (& Malagasy), I know where to go, I didn't find it nice to have it there. Please, give me my prawn doughs...

This is something that always amazed me: many Chinese restaurants in Madagascar claim to be able to serve both Malagasy & French dishes. My question is: are their French & Malagasy cuisines authentic ? I think i'll stick to Chinese cuisine, then. I did it and was not disappointed :-D

For pictures, browse below webiste. Find there too the beach activities that Chez Karon can arrange for you.

Favorite Dish: I have eaten there once. But I know when my aunt brought us there that we went for the prawn doughs. They were perfect, not stodgy. The prawns were cooked but kept this crunchy (?) aspect of fresh seafood. Hmmm..
    Were there any sweet-sour sauce with them ? I think, yes.

The price I gave was the price of the beignets de crevettes I had. Without wine.

• Beaches

• explore_discover's Profile Photo

What's Up: Fast Food (Halal)

by explore_discover Written Nov 30, 2012
    The Front

One of the only few place in Majunga to Find good quality fast food
    Burgers, Pizza, Fruit Juice, Milk Shake

Favorite Dish: Beef Burger with French Frries and Cold Bottle of Coca Cola MGA 8,000

Instant Answers: Mahajanga

Comments

Mahajanga Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mahajanga restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mahajanga sightseeing.