Lac Faguibine Things to Do

• Things to Do
    by sachara
    ready for a ride into the desert
    ready for a ride

Most Recent Things to Do in Lac Faguibine

• sachara's Profile Photo

Camelride

by sachara Updated Feb 7, 2009

Back from a cameltrip in the dunes

The setting of the Essakane festival in the middle of the white sanddunes is perfect for a camel ride into the desert. So several times I saw people going in or coming out of the desert (picture 1) on a camelback.

I love camels and made camelrides on several occasions, even a three days trip in the white desert in Egypt and a camel race in Maralal in Kenya. So camel rides are my kind of stuff. I never had a camelride on the typical Tuareg saddle, so this could be my chance (picture 3, 4 & 5).

In Essakane I didn't make any camelride. First of all I was busy with many other things during the day. Second: the Tuareg men close to our camp who offered camelrides were unfriendly, almost aggressive (picture 2). Third: Cheche tours has warned us not to leave the camp or take a camel ride into the desert, because of threatening of kidnapping either by Tuareg rebels or Al Qaida. We had even to register in our camp at 10 am and 6 pm. In the festival area all turned out to be very relaxed and safe, so we skipped the registration.

• Desert

• sachara's Profile Photo

Music and dance in the middle of the dunes

by sachara Updated Feb 3, 2009

In the afternoon from 5 pm till about 7 pm at a stage in the wonderful setting of the white sand dunes there were lots of performances of local and traditional groups (picture 1, 2 & 4). The singing was sometimes very mysterious, there were local dances and fighting scenes.

At both sides of the stage the audience could sit at the dunes for a good overview (picture 3). The Tuareg men mostly came on their camels and had a first class seat with the best view at the stage high from the camelbacks (picture 5). If you saw the back side of a row of camels, you could be sure there was a preformance going on.

• Festivals
    • Music
    • Desert

Instant Answers: Lac Faguibine

Comments

Lac Faguibine Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Lac Faguibine things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lac Faguibine sightseeing.

View all Lac Faguibine hotels