Deep Africa - The magic baobab of Domba
The village of Damba is situated on the small road between Koumantou and Fana / Segou.
They have one of the biggest trees of the country. It is a baobab that is very particular: the center of the tree is empty and probably 30 people can sit inside.
They organise some half muslim, half animist ceremonies inside, which often end by a sacrifice.
Deep Africa - Chief of Damba
When you enter a village and want to visit it, you must always go and meet the chief first.
It is the tradition. You ask him if you can visit the village or the noticable places around. He will always say yes.
Those people are very poor, so you can give him some banknotes for the village.
Deep Africa - Village of Damba
Far from everything, no communication, no water, no electricity, no school, villagers live like centuries ago. Nothing from civilization but perhaps some clothes, has reached them.
Women prepare the daily meal
Explore the World
- Parkersburg Off The Beaten Path
- Sóller Off The Beaten Path
- Cantone Ticino Off The Beaten Path
- Corsica Off The Beaten Path
- New Caledonia Off The Beaten Path
- Northern Areas
- Inverness Off The Beaten Path
- Palermo Off The Beaten Path
- Sucre Off The Beaten Path
- Sète Off The Beaten Path
- Wollongong Off The Beaten Path